[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How exactly does a good wrestler 'carry' a lesser one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: AJ bullying beta male.png (560KB, 598x510px) Image search: [Google]
AJ bullying beta male.png
560KB, 598x510px
>>
Watch any Tanahashi vs. Bad Luck Fale match and see for yourself.
>>
AJ vs Romanetty, BMAJ had to carry that boring mutt the whole match
>>
>>2096929
>outraw wresserin
>>
>>2096928
Go watch any od the Bret vs Diesel classics
SS95 is the best one

>>2096929
> outraw peruwresingu
>>
>>2096928
Rowan and Solitary Lupus hanging out in the background always gets me
>>
In control of the match, dictating the pacing and the spots.

Just watch Bret vs Bulldog at SS 92. Bret mentions how Davey spent weeks smoking crack with Neidhart and not returning his phones. The day before the match he said he had to "go over and over our match and making him recite the moves back to me. It was now completely up to me to save our match." Almost as soon as they lock up, Bulldog says "Bret, I’m fooked, I can’t remember anything!" Bret just goes “Davey, just listen to me, I’ll carry you.”
>>
>>2096928
Selling your shitty strike/slam to make it looks hurt. Modify the match sequence when you fucked up without the crowd noticing.
That's only two I can think of, but "carrying" opponent is certainly not a myth.
>>
With big meaty arms
>>
>>2096928
Watch AJ vs Reigns. AJ as a wrestler who can actually wrestle carried that pile of shit to 4 stars. Trully GOAT
>>
>>2096940
>>2096944
>sports """"""entertainment""""""
>>
One guy calls all the spots and clearly controls everything and gives every effort he has to make the crowd give a shit while the other just follows along.

This exact formula has convinced many people that certain wrestlers can work up until they're given the limelight and told to work a good match but can't piece the match together well.
>>
>>2097083
Reminds me of Dolph in the elimination chamber when mark Henry got out of the cage earlier. Literally calling spots, or shouting to be more exact.
>>
>>2097141
Oh yeah, Ziggler directing traffic in the EC is a great example.
>>
>>2096928
>I now remember Rowan exists.
>>
>>2097141
>>2097146
STAY THERE, MARK!

That match was such a trainwreck
>>
>>2097157
An EC match can be good if the wrestlers prepare beforehand or can go on and improvise on their own.

And only Ziggler could in that match lmao
>>
>>2097148
pretty sure he will save Harper from Orton
>>
>>2097157
I never claimed Dolph did a great job carrying that EC match. But it managed to show who was the ring general at the moment, and it's not something that everyone can do.
>>
>>2096979
This is so romantic
>>
>>2096928
most blatant recent one was bryan vs roman on fastlane. old ones? bret vs diesel. flair vs surfer sting.
>>
DDP vs Goldberg

Goldberg's stupid ass even concussed himself during it.
>>
File: IMG_20161227_020847.jpg (218KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161227_020847.jpg
218KB, 900x1200px
>>2097069
Payback AND Extreme Rules has good main event matches because of BMAJ
>>
>>2096944
>Go watch any od the Bret vs Diesel classics
That's not really fair to Bret. Diesel didn't carry him THAT much.
>>
>>2096979
Bret bio-pic when?
>>
>>2097169
>ziggler without any irony on table for three talks about what an amazing match this was
Too sad.
>>
>>2098978
That match is insanely good too. Bryan was fucking God-tier.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.