[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

/eternal skateboarding general/ - Corporate Takeover Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 43

File: Koston.gif (941KB, 400x225px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Koston.gif
941KB, 400x225px
Basic brand info for beginners http://pastebin.com/C6rEGbzD

Shoe reviews: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnSv7MyhLozYdGM1a1FUMHNtTkRFN0xkVmt3dEZ0NHc#gid=0

Submit a shoe review: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y70Tug_iI9-dW2VqBBzsI9PCnFlw1jIOu9yTlHcc-wY/viewform

YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO SKATE, JUST DO IT

YOU'RE NEVER TOO FAT TO SKATE, JUST DO IT

SKATEBOARDING IS 90% MIND, 10% BODY

skatepark etiquette: #SupportYourLocalSkateshop

Drop an ear if you 're out of inspiration to our man's playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TroCQnZmzBM&list=PL4716874DC890B656

old thread:>>1989439

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_0jDMSYIdo
>>
Hey /esg/, I dislocated my ankle AND broke the fibula about 7 weeks ago which required surgery.
I'm still in recovery and probably won't be on my board for a awhile longer, so I was wondering if anyone had some advice or even some good reading/watching material on dealing with mental blocks caused by injuries?
If anything I'm more determined to take the time to refine my style, working towards making my tricks cleaner than ever before, but even now I can feel a bit of anxiety and mental blockage about getting back on my board.
I have some photos of my x-rays and my leg post surgery if anyone's interested?
>>
i fucking hate winter so much

it's been...fuck i don't know 2 weeks since i last skated i really really really miss it.my hometown is basically covered in snow but the city i study in is almost snow free,maybe i should just bring my board here and cruise around,but i'm kinda shy :(

maybe i should just start snowboarding
>>
File: power bottoms.png (1MB, 900x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
power bottoms.png
1MB, 900x1200px
>tfw no cute bf to skate handrails with
>>
>>2039616
find a indoor
>>
>>2039137
>Drop an ear if you 're out of inspiration to our man's playlist:

you didn't put the list though breh
>>
>>2039137

no matter how good koston is, his drama queen attitude makes him a faggot
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
Thoughts about Circa shoes? There's a pair on sale at my local shop and they're the cheapest pair that's in stock in my size.
>>
>>2039268
Yeah post the pics.
I don't know if I can point you to any material on getting over injuries. Sounds like self-help nonsense to me. You're gonna get better eventually and you're going to have lost a bunch of tricks. You'll probably be nervous on your board and more cautious than before. Eventually you'll totally recover physically and mentally. I don't think there's a secret to it though.
>>
Can someone help me build a skateboard? I have no idea what I'm doing since I am a beginner.

I already have a deck picked out, but I'm confused when it comes to trucks. I read the recommended brands, but I don't know where to start.

I guess these are the bearings I should get? http://www.skateamerica.com/products/bones-reds-skateboard-bearings?variant=866657751

Then would these wheels be good since hard wheels wouldn't be very good for starting where I live? http://www.skateamerica.com/products/ricta-duo-tones-skateboard-wheels-red-black-54mm-98a-set-of-4?variant=26877672006
>>
>>2040281
Thunder, Venture and Indy's are your best options when it comes to truck.
What size is your deck?
>>
>>2040298
8 1/4

I know the brands but what do all the different sizes mean? What should I go with?
>>
>>2040316
you generally want to use trucks that are a similar size to your deck. For a 8.25 deck you'll want 149mm trucks. Pic related. Those sizes are the sizes used by the brand Independent. If you want to view similar chats just google "(brand name) trucks sizing chart".

Alternatively go to a shop and ask an employee to talk you through your set up.
>>
>>2040389
So this would work?

http://www.skateamerica.com/products/independent-149-stage-11-forged-titanium-standard-skateboard-trucks-flat-black-ano-red-set-of-2?variant=14555097990

And everything else I listed in my original post would work?
>>
Sup /esg/

I wanna build a bowl in my basement. Should I use wood or concrete?
>>
File: YJ6TgJZ.jpg (56KB, 630x630px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
YJ6TgJZ.jpg
56KB, 630x630px
>>2040405
Yeah it'll all go together nicely. The red black theme is at little too cool guy for me personally, and you could probably build something cheaper, but whatever, it's your swag.
>>
>>2040501
I had that CD
>>
>>2040405
Don't fall for that titanium meme, just get standard or hollow trucks
>>
I recently switched from loose trucks to tight trucks i hated them so i switched back to loose and can't get my old loose feeling back i can't land shit anymore what do?
>>
>>2040698
Adjust them until u like it
>>
>>2040487
Concrete
>>
>>2040405
>colors
>titanium
look bud the paint on those scrapes off during your first session and looks like shit

best trucks you can buy for 40 bucks
http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=73190

if you want to spend extra money and get something "cool" you can get these, they're lighter and lower for "technical skating" (ie no difference for amateur skaters)

http://socalskateshop.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=42713
>>
File: 1504580942342.jpg (37KB, 600x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1504580942342.jpg
37KB, 600x800px
>>2040131
Yeah I figured as much, guess I gotta just take it easy and ease into it. Anyways here's the first pic about 2 weeks after my surgery right before getting my fiberglass cast. Considering how messed up it was on the inside the outside didn't actually look all that bad, that anon from the previous thread who said he rolled his ankle looked far worse.
>>
File: 15003.jpg (759KB, 1211x2068px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
15003.jpg
759KB, 1211x2068px
>>2041459
Here is an x-ray, Presurgery.
>>
File: 114933.jpg (944KB, 1212x2155px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
114933.jpg
944KB, 1212x2155px
>>2041459
>>2041462
And finally, postsurgery. Shit sucked but hey this is all part of it, I just can't wait to get back on my board.
>>
>>2041459
>>2041462
>>2041465
That's fucking rad. Get better soon bro.
>>
london anons lets go to bay66 yeah?
>>
leticia bufoni has some decent tricks but her style is so jank. like a kid on a board that's too big for them
>>
>>2039137
Today I found out that yesterday, a big news channel in my country(SIC, from portugal) passed on TV a video that I recorded of my friend doing a little drop into a bowl and falling in his ass kek

weird thing is, it has only 99 views and no one of our circle send it so its pretty fucking weird how they found it, also the cunts didnt even ask me to use it
>>
>>2042143
Post it here nerd
>>
>>2042231
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd7PKENm6JA
>>
>>2041565
2nded
>>
>>2041711

nora is the superior female skateboarder.
>>
File: skatenorcal.jpg (511KB, 610x917px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
skatenorcal.jpg
511KB, 610x917px
>>2042268
my man

Did you know RVCA has the hottest women team?
>>
idk if this board is fast enough to support a surfing and a skateboarding general

would you lot support a merged "boarding" general for skaters, snowbaording, and surfing?
>>
>>2042143
When you're filming, fill the frame with what you're filming. Cellphones usually have a 35mm to 28mm equivalent semi-wideangle, so you can fit a lot of stuff in there. In this case there's a lot of useless space up close and low. Also get the camera lower than eye level, drop to one knee if necessary. Also, rules of thirds composition.
>>
>>2042610
thanks, I'm relatively new to skating and filming aka I dont know jack shit basically
>>
>>2042620
yo call a lawyer and sue the TV station. They'll settle and give you a decent amount of dinero esse.
>>
>>2042665
I actually thought about that but have no clue on the laws about this.
Since I put on youtube it means its free to the public and to be used, no?
>>
>>2042667
what license did you publish it under?
>>
>>2042672
GPL
>>
>>2042721
I don't even know why I asked you that question. I know fuck all about licensing...
>>
>>2042283

now I do. thanks for the tip, senpai

>>2042606

i was gonna ask if some of the skaters here surfed since i just started surfing last week lel
>>
I stoped skateboarding for a few years. Got back into it recently and decided to get an 8.5 and started skating more bowls and transitions. Last week I learned a rock and roll. Felt pretty good.
>>
>>2045537
Have you learned slash grinds? They're fun until you accidentally go too fast and learn bs lip
>>
who's your favorite sk8r, anon? mine is Dick Rizzo
>>
File: da86khf.jpg (402KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
da86khf.jpg
402KB, 667x1000px
>>2041565
>>2042260
Thanks dudes, now get out there and shred for me.
>>
>>2045952
This guy is in my top 5.
https://youtu.be/WfA_0thXyMg
>>
>tfw last time I skated was when I started, in middle june till end june
>was fun as fuck
>now bros all studying and with shit load of work so no time for skating
>cat peed on my fucking skate
>dont want to go alone
>need a new board
>no friends
>tfw
>>
>>2046200
>Go to the skatepark early morning
>Alone
>Listen to hype music
>Skate until you can't stand
>???
>Profit
>>
>>2046218
My classes are all in the morning

I just dislike being the only guy spending all the time trying to pop ollies(tfw twice I was close to one but fell on my arse) while the other guys just do crazy shit. Also when you're with a bro if you fall or fail something its all giggles and shit, you even get hyped about almost doing something or doing a little drop on a small ramp, alone its meh

is there any hype playlist? I like most of the genres but have metal as my favourite, fucking love Death. Used to listen to punk too when I was younger(turning 21 in few months) but its ironically just PC garbage
>>
>>2045540
Yes, theyre a lot of fun. I learned them backside and now working my way up to learn frontside next
>>
>>2045952
definitely aaron kyro
>>
>>2046227
There was this guy who used to come to my local park, right. He'd show up, plug his headphones in, and just go fucking crazy on flat ground. He was pretty beginner and didn't even have pop shuv its when I first saw him but he'd put so much effort into every trick like he was so fucking hyped. He didn't give a shit about us or anyone else at the park. Eventually, after a few months, he'd progressed an alright amount and he started chatting to us. Turned out to be a pretty chill bro and everyone respected him for being real and doing his own shit. I learned a lot from watching that guy, you should too.
>>
>>2045952
>Muska
>>
>>2046644
>>
>>2046227
https://soundcloud.com/terry-hesticles/terryhesticlesskatepunkmix

Might pump you up. Guy who posts here made it.
>>
>>2048009
2/10
>>
>>2048009
ayyyyyy

just posted two more mixes, honestly think the post synth one will be hit or miss but whatever. check them out if you want. It's a trap/horrocore mix and a post synth mix

https://soundcloud.com/darinmic/esg-post-synth-punk-mix

https://soundcloud.com/darinmic/esg-hip-hop-mix
>>
>>2045952

neen williams. dude's funny as shit and dem heelflips

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLONMtMmK3k
>>
>>2048488
Does anyone actually listen to this crud?
>>
>>2049786
The last one reach the max limit of downloads and almost has 800 plays so I guess so.
>>
File: bet.png (75KB, 198x211px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bet.png
75KB, 198x211px
>>2039616
snowskating and snowboarding man, a snowskate with seperate ski on bottom feels a lot like skateboarding but kinda harder. I got kickflips and shuv-its on it, 3flips are so hard tho.
>>
>filename
>>
Anyone ever ride gold wheels?
I kinda want to try these but I dunno.
>>
File: stupid.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
stupid.webm
2MB, 640x360px
anyone have a reddit account?
reply to this guy
https://www.reddit.com/r/skateboarding/comments/5if5w4/nyjah_perfectly_lands_40_kickflip_back_smiths_in/db7v4jy/
with this webm
>>
>>2051746
Upvoted
>>
>>2051746
Kill yourself redditor.
>>
>>2039988
He's a goofball at heart which makes all the pretentious LA hipster crap he does seem even more annoying.
>>
>>2051746
Nice Job! I imagine that was a pain in the ass to edit and align. if it wasnt that painful would you do the others?
>>
Is carpet boarding a good way to learn tricks? I cant even ollie yet buy its cold and snowy where i live so im SOL as far as outdoor skating goes till march
>>
>>2053006
actually, whoever edited the original video made each attempt the same length, so all that needed to be done was cut and overlay them
>>
>>2053361
shuvits are easy, but flip tricks and ollies are harder to do on carpet
>>
>>2052316
You're a special kind of stupid. He's asking if anyone has an account to post for him, cause he doesn't use the site.
>>
>>2054344
But why would he read the site and not just make an acc to post it?
>>
>>2039988

Koston pretty much turned into a massive kook after social media became a thing.
>>
anyone here in Japan? Specifically, is there anyone from Nagoya here? I'm here until the 19th and I'm kind of bored and want to skate.
>>
In skateboarding, everyone is good in their own way.

What do you guys think?
>>
I just focused my board fuck skating i'm done 1 year down the drain
>>
>>2050381
>DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
File: f4ac20_4004147.jpg (293KB, 1280x957px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
f4ac20_4004147.jpg
293KB, 1280x957px
>>2056304
Send me the trucks and shit, I'll use 'em.
>>
>>2056154
Have you been watching ninja?
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 748x648px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 748x648px
>Erick Winkowski is on another plane of existence.

Fucking Christ!
>>
>>2056365
what does this have to do with the wheels?
>>
>>2056984
you know it.

where is this from?
>>
>>2050381
>$20
>free shipping

http://wubwheelco.com/collections/wheels/products/lost-city-100a-51mm
>>
>>2056154
yes. for example, i'm decent with grinds, yet horrible with flat. this is ironic because i've been skating for about 9 years and have only started getting into grinds about 3 years ago. there are two tricks i see a lot of beginners do, which are feebles and crooks. i can feeble perfectly but have such a hard time with crooks. i can do smith grinds, but can't tailslide, whereas it seems that most people find tailslides easier. front boards are more natural even though i learned back boards first (i can't do them anymore unless i tried really hard). everyone is good at something and maybe more if they put more effort
>>
>>2057035
It's from the New Santa Cruz Video, Right To Exist, it was only available on The Berrics for 48 hours though.
>>
>>2056304
If you quit, you were never really a skater. Poser ass nigga
>>
>>2054376
Because he's an idiot. But if he's so opposed to making an account, its a far cry to call him a user.
>>
What are some Christian friendly skate brands?
I wish to preach the gospel and shred for my lord and savior.
>>
Where can i buy bigger quanteties of deck for a cheap price, does anyone know? I just want plane wooden brandless deck around 8.0-8.5 inches wide. I don't care if they break fast. It's constantly rainy here in Belguim, it's shit weather it's cold and it's dirty outside. I'd like to ruin some shitty fuking decks and go skate like a fucking homeless dude. Can someone help this filthy low life who's short on cash? I just need info.
>>
>>2060009
Pic related, this is my face.
>>
File: 1429287975497.jpg (4KB, 235x222px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1429287975497.jpg
4KB, 235x222px
>>2046644
kys
>>
I've always wanted to take up skateboarding, and I want to finally begin this year. The thing is i'm a girl and i'm really fucking scared of a few things. First - I don't know where to start. Second - I don't want to look like a poser, because i'm interested to take this shit seriously. Help pls
>>
>>2059922
heroin or skull
>>
>>2060516
To be totally honest, if you work really hard to learn you won't seem like a poser. There is loads of videos on youtube about what to get and how to set up a board also how to learn tricks, you'll be okay famalam
>>
>>2060516
buy a skateboard from your local board shop and talk to them about your local scene. If you live in a decent sized city you should be able to find skateboarding events for beginners only where you can learn from more experienced skaters without feeling intimidated or anything. I know here in London there are loads of girl only events and I've seen a load of #girlswhoskate crews on instagram based here. If you don't want to get involved in the scene or anything then do what most people do and find a smooth patch of concrete somewhere and learn to roll around, get comfortable on the board, and get your beginner tricks down.
This anon >>2059754 is right. You'll only be considered a poser if you don't try.
>>
>>2060516
was in the same boat as you earlier this year (but not female). most advice i got was just to get comfy on your board first. skate everywhere on your board. you'll fall over probably, but you will improve. and from personal experience.. maybe buy some wrist guards? those are the only things i've really hurt. i got a few scratches and bruises elsewhere but only the risk of breaking my wrist was serious. i only wear the left one because i always land on that hand.

once you're comfy skating around on your board, i think you can either start getting comfy switch, or start learning to ollie, then move on to other stuff if that's your thing.
>>
>>2060516
Get ready to get molested by horny teens and hesh dads.
>>
>>2060516
Don't dress like that chick in the pic you posted and you're good. Start off by just getting comfy on the board and being able to ride it without feeling like you're going to fall. Then move on to learning ollies. etc
>>
how do you guys deal with your dirty grip?
>>
>>2060516
who's the chick in your pic? does she skate good?

First-make a setup
Second-skate how you wanna
>>
>>2061310
I bitch and moan to the homies, doesn't actually stop my feet sliding off but it makes me feel good on the inside.
>>
>>2060516
Cant tell if vagina or feminine penis
>>
>>2062327
hopefully the latter
>>
>>2061310
buy a belt sander cleaner from an improvement store
>>
>>2053555
sooooooo..... youll do it?
>>
>>2060009
zumiez
>>
>>2060516
tits, gtfo, or go burly
>>
>>2060918
I live in eastern europe, and even though i'm in the capital, the skate scene is extremely small. As far as i've looked beginner courses are only during the summer and aimed for kids/young teens. Also never seen a girl skater here, like a legit one that actually skates, not cruises.
>>
how do you guys feel about the whole skater-owned vs corporate shoes shitshow?

im so on the fence bc i definitely sympathize with supporting the skater owned brands but every now and then theres some corporate brand shoes that are just perfect. like im skating the nike cory kennedys rn and they're probably the best shoe ive had.

o well ill probably go back to emericas after these
>>
>>2059922
All those brands are laughing stock because they're so cheesy, just as cheesy as Welcome plastering The Vigil of Lucifer all over their awful Hot Topic/Urban Outfitter-tier products.
>>
>>2065003

for me it doesn't matter, it just gives another brand to support. at this point, we can't do anything about trying to get corporate out of skating so we might as well enjoy their products if it's something that we want or believe in. I avoid nike as much as possible because their shoes look like shit.
>>
>>2040125
They have a history of stiffing their riders. Don't support them.
>>
>>2065003
It's all the same shit and the same shitty ass marketing tricks to make you think one way or the other.

for example consider faggot ass brand thrasher, they've marketed themselves as the "super punx, fight da corporate system" brand, same with Vans, and yet they're the largest brands in skateboarding. every little faggot retard has a pair of vans and a thrasher hoodie and these same fuckwads will bash nike for being a larger corp. u r a complete fucking shill once u have brand loyalty. shit is fucked up and retarded and all companies are taking advantage of u as a consumer.

best thing to do is do whatever the fuck you want to. buy the shit that you think is the best. fuck everything else.
>>
>>2065218
Go read Transworld then you bitch-ass angsty edgelord.
>>
>>2065218
You're missing the point, seemingly deliberately too. As both Vans and Thrasher have a history of being there for skating. Nike on the other hand wanted nothing to do with skating when it wasn't popular.
>>
Had a solid skate this weekend. Local park was packed so I practiced flat ground. Finally started landing some clean bs 180's. My problem was all in prepping the trick. On the same day, I started landing pop shuvs. Got 3 or 4 nice front shuvs, and a boatload of backside shuvs. Felt so damn good. Gonna move onto flip tricks tomorrow, my problem with kickflips has been catching too early. While I've only attempted a couple of heelflips and they didn't feel right. I couldn't even pop the board.
>>
>>2061310
1. Don't step in the mud and then on your board.
2. Who cares? Skateboards get fucked up, a bit of dirt doesn't matter.
>>
>New indoor park opening just after new years
>Just announced it's skateboards only
>All these butthurt scooter nerds on Facebook

This is too good.
>>
>>2065660
>You're missing the point

is he? did you read his post? because to me it seems he's right on point.
>>
File: 142134322387s.jpg (8KB, 166x250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
142134322387s.jpg
8KB, 166x250px
>>2060516
just do it. Skateboarding is either you can do it or you can't. If anyone says shit they're just a shithead. I've met skaters way better than me that happened to be females. JUST FUCKING DO IT
>>
>>2066565
post link
>>
>>2066626
Thrasher having merchandise is what he's bitching about. They have a right to sell those hoodies. They earned it. Nike did not. Plain and simple.
>>
London anons.
Come on.
Let's get on it.
There is a free session at Bay66 on wednesday, and another one on friday. Let's put our names down and go skate.
>>
>be me
>be above average skater at peak in highschool ten years ago
>be me pretty much quitting a few years after that, ACL tear, ankle problems, joined military and didn't really skate
>got back into it just slightly while in
>quit again
>be me now, 40 lbs heavier (fatter but mainly more muscular) three compression fractures in back from accident 5 years ago, torn rotator cuff, pretty much in constant pain
>out of military
>bored, throw on old skate vids
>start binge watching skate vids on YouTube
>have intense urge to build new custom, get sk8 shoes
>I think I can still rip some, at least enjoy it

Should I do it? I feel that the 180 I'd spend to get set up would be very worth it
>>
>>2066626
He is making shit up for one thing. I'll go through why he's stupid for you

>they've marketed themselves as the "super punx, fight da corporate system" brand
Eventually being successful doesn't inherently contradict that
>same with Vans
Van's do no such thing
>yet they're the largest brands in skateboarding
In skating, Nike and Adidas are sport brands. Major difference.
>will bash nike for being a larger corp
Thrasher doesn't bash Nike you fuckwit, they promote them.
>all companies are taking advantage of u as a consumer
No shit all companies try to sell you shit. What kind of fucking retarded point is that? But buying from brands who have always and will continue to support skating, is better than buying from bullshit sport brands which will pull their support if skating stops being trendy.
>best thing to do is do whatever the fuck you want to. buy the shit that you think is the best. fuck everything else.
Buy what you want, but not supporting legit skate brands hurts the actual skate industry.
>>
>>2067923
For $180 ?
Nah, $120-135 is more than enough
>>
>>2068458
Definitely this. Skating had a lull in popularity a few years back in Australia. Nike shoes were everywhere but nike skate shoes dissapeared. That said, I still own a pair of Nike SB's, they were no doubt the best skate shoe I have owned. Too bad they are too small now.
Vans suck, I payed ~$120 for a pair of vans x anti-hero shoes, they were comfy as fuck but only lasted 6 months. Meanwhile I've owned DC's that are going strong 5 years on, and macbeths that have lasted over a year now.
There Is a Vans shop In Sydney, and I went in to see If they sold any skate supplies. (Think I needed griptape or a new deck maybe.) They only sold shoes, and only sold overpriced flimsy canvas shit. I was disappoint.
>>
>>2067923
yes bro. fucking do it and spend some quality time outdoors. You don't have to do extreme shit, you know that.
>>
>>2068458
>Eventually being successful doesn't inherently contradict that

although there are strong arguments against this statement, I 'm going to talk specifically about Thrasher's case, which it does. I read the archive of older issues they have online (everyone should) and it's a whole different magazine. Read any issue up until 1992.

>Van's do no such thing

one of the biggest shoe corps in the world. Did you miss their latest advertising? Where do I begin? Grosso spearheads it, you know, the legit guy (and he is legit and I like the guy and what he stands for) and their whole "just kids coming to our shop, been there since day one".

>Thrasher doesn't bash Nike you fuckwit, they promote them.

but Thrasher is a centre platform for companies surrounding it and enhancing it. Those companies are the core of the skateboard industry, including some shoe companies. Thrasher can't deny Nike money, and some shoe companies resist the competition more vocally and now they don't exist (e.g. Fallen, Lakai is trembling). WHen was the last time you saw a Consolidated ad? The point is, "core" shoe companies hate the Nike competition, but it's not Thrasher they 're going to protest through.

>But buying from brands who have always and will continue to support skating, is better than buying from bullshit sport brands which will pull their support if skating stops being trendy.

that's nto a valid point now, is it? Nike has invested too much money and time to pull out anytime soon, especially since the tides are finally turning for them, also seeing how the world is now transitioning into a more formal corporatocracy. You could say however the most logical argument: Nike doesn't produce skateboards; they don't produce trucks; nor wheels; and their cred is by association, they do not have any history, besides their attempts at video making.

The skateboard industry is gradually becoming morecontest oriented, like in the 80s. It's that poppular again. The enw giant emerging
>>
>>2069504
Nonetheless, the new giant emerging is not a Powell-Peralta, not a Santa Cruz, and not a truck company, because the capital accumulated is greater through all these years.
Now, the giant is a world-wide distributing shoe company, a world-wide covering network of contests with advertisment partially done for free through social media.
And with oppression ten fold what it was 20 years back? Either hit the park with all the geeks or stay home and WORSHIP the idols of SLS and shit.

Solution?
The aforementioned accumulation of the capital leads to some of it (i.e. fundamental and outdated techniques-deck making, old molds etc.) being socialised, passed on to the people where they can make some profit while having access. New and small board companies that spring all over the place. BUT, BUT, BUT: if we can't find a POPULAR alternative to skate shoes, the giant system of the Nike conglomeration will absorb it. That's the nature of the beast. This goes back to your first statement.
>>
>>2069008
For board and shoes too?
>>
>>2069509

>the giant system of the Nike conglomeration will absorb it
as disgusting nike is with buying out skaters by paying bigger checks or a better flowgram, they do try and give back to the community with building parks and buying out la courthouse.
>>
I'm very new to skating and I guess what I'm asking will just come with experience, but how do I stop falling off when just cruising around?

Like the other week I was out with a friend cruising around/getting to grips with everything and I fell off backwards twice - the board just flew away from underneath me. Really messed my elbow up from it and couldn't skate for a while in fear of messing it up even more. Also, I just feel really unbalanced/uncomfortable when pushing. Shit's really disheartening. And today I was practising ollieing on grass and really nailed it but when I tried to do it on a paved area the board just flew of forwards and I fell backwards again.
>>
>>2069705
Keep your weight directly over the board and lean forward a little when you push (not too much unless your pushing really hard) you'll get used to it soon, it took me like two and a half weeks of skating every day to get fully comfortable
>>
>>2069665
For a complete setup, why would you pay more that $60 on shoes? Where the fuck do you live?
>>
Tell me secret warehouse parks in the East coast
>>
>>2070077
Florida, the complete I put together would be like $130, so I figured $50 for shoes.
>>
>>2069701
I grew up next to a park built by the Pepsi and while I enjoyed the swings and the slides, it in no way changed the fact that their company was a fucked up one.
>>
File: 142134715750s.png (220KB, 225x249px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
142134715750s.png
220KB, 225x249px
What do you guys think of Welcome boards? I got one cause cool graphic and cool shape.
>>
Hey guys, I'm trying to find myself another popwar since my first one did me so well for so long. Between 7.5 or an 8 is what I'd go for, but I cant find any online at all.

http://m.skater.nl/product/skateboard/popwar-manufacturing-star-bunny-7-75-skateboards-team-deck
This site says they have them in stock but looks pretty sketch to me. Any help?
>>
>>2070351
I like their graphics, shapes and their general image honestly. Also I have a Welcome hoodie and it's comfy as fuck
>>
>>2070351
Lame shit
>>
How 2 bs crook
>>
File: AxCx.jpg (40KB, 300x300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
AxCx.jpg
40KB, 300x300px
>tfw your stoned buddy drops by the skatepark, challenges you to a game of s.k.a.t.e., has more flips than you, but doesn't even pop them and executes them so horribly you want to gouge your eyes out with the hangar of your truck, retries at will however many times he wants and ends up winning
>>
>>2070546
its just skate man, use your frustration to push yourself harder

anyways im sure like 90% of people would rather have a small bag of tricks that they can execute cleanly with good style than a have a huge selection of sloppy tricks
>>
File: skatenatas.gif (1MB, 240x180px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
skatenatas.gif
1MB, 240x180px
>>2070584
you are my hero anon. You deserve good things. Have this natas slide.
>>
>>2070584
better yet, have this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtleXfW47Xc&list=LLCB4Yc3CSwQ7wDMgZF1Dc4A&index=33
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmADLO5F5YI

This has got to be one of the heaviest hall of meats. I feel sick
>>
>>2071327
looked liked some dark souls death animation
>>
>>2071327
I legit jumped out of my chair
>>
>>2070546
>and then you go home and shitpost about it on the internet
>>
>>2071327
Should have gone early.
>>
>>2069509
>oppression
>accumulated capital
>socialization
>conglomeration

first year community college student detected.
>>
How many of you guys would live at Skatopia if you could still live there?
>>
If I die before I wake
At least in heaven I can skate
>>
what the fuck is up with Dwindle?
>>
my bearing just broke. what the fuck, it was a super red, it was supposed to last.
>>
>>2073723
how long did it take for it to break?
>>
>>2073935
about a month I 'd say.
>>
>>2073974
maybe more, maybe 2 months
>>
Got the hottest edit of 2016 right here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hUKTvPUlhM

Peep pls
>>
>>2074361
Filthy macaco
>>
>>2074361
im gonna go ahead and say that youtube killed skating.
>>
Mute and enjoy.
https://youtu.be/-KSkAKV9gvg
>>
>>
>>2074729
went burly, ended early
>>
>>2074729
Damn he got fucked up
>>
>>2074729
damn i didnt even notice he hit the bar til just now i thought he leaned back or something lol
>>
>>2074965
Nigga how do you lean back like that out of nowhere.
>>
>>2073723
Did you get it wet? You're not supposed to do that
>>
>>2075414
I don't know, I don't think so. I 've gotten my trucks wetter than the ones I have right now.
First time happening too. Should I replace with an older Red one I have?
>>
>>2074361
you should spend your time learning how to pop instead of making these foolish videos pal.
>>
>>2066856
>They earned it

lmao.
>>
File: skatejew.png (101KB, 501x504px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
skatejew.png
101KB, 501x504px
YES GOY KOOKS, SUPPORT THE INDUSTRY
>>
https://youtu.be/dcX9XichsbE
Critic
>>
>>2074503
Instagram*
>>
>>2076769
where's the sound bro?
also, I know you weren't the 2nd guy, hehehe
>>
>>2076769
what are you filming with?
>>
>>2076830
"Audio muted due to copyright claim"
FUCK.
I'll reupload it to Vimeo in a few hours.
>>2076889
Canon Vixia hf600
>>
>>2076769
Couldn't get past the first 45 seconds.
MAJER/Black Ninja tier.
>>
>>2076769
https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/eos-rebel-t6-ef-s-18-55mm-f-35-56-is-ii-kit-refurbished?utm_source=google&utm_medium=Product_Search&utm_campaign=Google_Product_Feed&cm_mmc=GA-_-Uncategorized-_-G_Canon_Product%20Listing%20Ads-_-38997&gclid=Cj0KEQiAkO7CBRDeqJ_ahuiPrtEBEiQAbYupJUVp369DmsFpsz9NWFLG49gZahyofTSiD266fXX2RhcaAiWL8P8HAQ

What do you all think of that camera for skate vids? What would I need to begin filming if I were to get that camera?
>>
>>2077340
>What do you all think of that camera for skate vids? What would I need to begin filming if I were to get that camera?
>>
>>2076830
https://vimeo.com/196808641
>>2077340
given the fact they were given some shine, I take that as a compliment.
>>2077377
it's a dslr, so a fisheye is a good start...
>>
>>2039988
boomp
>>
>>2061310
don't get it dirty
>>
What's a good skateboard for a surfer?
>>
>>2078462
Get a 8.5 to 9 board and skate transition and pools, or a longboard, but that's not as fun
>>
now that 2017 is a few days away, what are your best and worst moments of 2017? what are you excited for in 2017, both in and out of skateboarding?
>>
>>2078764
>what are your best and worst moments of 2017?
what
>>
>most recent Braille video

I get the feeling that either tricks on a flaming board are gonna start showing up in more skate videos, or that they were explored in the early nineties and forgot about for a good reason.
>>
HOW DID MY FUCKING SUPER RED BREAK?
>>
>>2079479
Reds have been shit the last couple of years
>>
>>2079422
Why do you even watch that shit my man
>>
>>2079653
but it said Super...I 'm just mad it broke, never happened to me before, then again I never skated as much as I have the past few years.
>>
>>2079694
You played yourself
>>
File: IMG_0059.webm (389KB, 640x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_0059.webm
389KB, 640x360px
pls upvote
>>
>>2080139
Lose weight
>>
>>2080149
is this a new meme?
>>
>>2080155
your weight is a meme
>>
>>2080212
rude
>>
>>2080293
Its ok
>>
>>2080139
Gr8 form m8
>>
>>2080139
upboat
>>
>>2080139
learn how to flick you fuckin retard
>>
>>2039137
ITT: menchild discussing how to repel women
>>
>>2080493
>how to repel women

I don't think so la
>>
>>2080497
It's considered a really childish hobby, at least here in Europe and in the age range 25-30
>>
>>2080502
nah
>>
>>2080502
>at least here in Europe
And your opinion matters why?
>>
File: crybaby.jpg (498KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
crybaby.jpg
498KB, 1280x960px
>tfw I want to go skateboarding because it's a nice day but I have to go to job
>>
all the ladies love skateboarders, at 5:13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plWqhtqfL1Y
>>
>>2080539
i need a job
>>
>>2080546
I hear you bro. Still, it's a catch 22.
>>
>>2080502
>doing something you enjoy
>childish
wtf
>>
>>2080502
I'm gay and I still get more pussy than you because I skate
>>
>>2080652
Please be a bottom.
>>
>>2080755
yeah but I don't find skaters attractive cos they're too scrawny and covered in scabs
>>
>>2080814
I'm a semi-professional rugby player tho
>>
>>2080893
Not the same guy but I'm way into this.
>>
>>2080652

Depends, if you're that dude with the pink cap who only does no complies, the probably not
>>
>>2080652
>I can get the gender I'm not attracted to
thats not worth bragging about
>>
>>2080893
yeah okay I'll suck your dick

>>2081063
it was a total lie too. I've never had sex with a girl. I wouldn't be able to get it up. I just crave cock too much.
>>
Have sex
>>
>>2081079
I'd kill for some tight boipussy right about now.
>>
so what's the dealio? can I substitute a super red with an olde regular I have?
>>
fuck me, there's benders on /asp/ now
>>
>>2081277
the answer to your question is: 'yes'
>>
Anyone here skate Thunder trucks?
My pivot cup on the front truck completely blew out and it's making a loud screeching sound every time I groove around.
I need haaalllppp
Does this happen often with Thunders?
>>
Dadfag here. Pic related was my first skateboard in the 80s. What kind of skateboard can I buy my six year old without spending too much money that won't make him look like a total faggot?
>>
File: IMG_0169.jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_0169.jpg
38KB, 600x600px
>>2081989
Forgot pic
>>
>>2081724
You can buy replacement pivot cups for $2
>>
File: 1481229474209.gif (246KB, 212x199px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1481229474209.gif
246KB, 212x199px
How much does a good board cost?

t. guy who has not a clue what the fuck he's doing
>>
>>2082044
You're right that's why I'm asking you fucking autist
>>
>>2082048
m8 what are you on about.
>>
>>2082044
$120-145
>>
>>2081989
Buy the little shitstain a pre-built.
>>
>>2082145
That was the plan. But what brand will keep him from getting beat up.
>>
>>2082166
Birdhouse
>>
>>2082166
http://www.skatewarehouse.com/Complete_Skateboards/catpage-BRCOMPLETE.html
>>
>>2081724
>Does this happen often with Thunders?
no, not really, i've owned a few pairs of thunders. they're great except for the kingpin clearance
>>
>>2082166
go to your local zumies and ask the people
>>
File: Pop-snap-boards.jpg (183KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Pop-snap-boards.jpg
183KB, 1000x1000px
Just copped this for Christmas, never really ridden fiber tech before, are they any good?
>>
>>2082044
50-60 dollars
>>
>>2082376
Not a clue probably means full kit
>>
File: Lithuania_flag_map.png (45KB, 2048x1604px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Lithuania_flag_map.png
45KB, 2048x1604px
Any skaters from lithuania ? (・∀・)
>>
>>2082539
>>2070601
>>
happy holidays /esg/. We are great.
>>
who /polar/ here?

I just watched their "I like it here inside my mind...". The tribute to Torbjörn Stenstrom was heart warming and genuine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abTTtyAPeN4

favourite part: Hjalte Halberg and the closing montage
>>
>>2082935
i liked dane's part
>>
can anyone recommend shoe brands or a specific model with insanely comfortable cushioning/insole. used to have the hsu 2 lows with STI FOAM FUSION FOOTBED TECHNOLOGY and they were great
>>
>>2083400
Have you looked into the Hsu G6? That might be up your alley.
>>
>>2039268
Fuuuuuuck man, I lived the broken fibula dream two months ago after I drilled a car bombing a hill.

My advice, if your doctor doesn't recommend physiotherapy, call him a fag and demand it or go do it yourself. I lost pretty much all the muscle in my leg when I snapped it, I still can't ollie or ride any banks over 45 degrees, and my leg buckles when I speedwobble. Not to mention the new fear. I had fucking cold sweats when I rolled over 20 after my bail. Your gonna basically be a bitch for a while. Expect all that.

I'm more into high-speed shit so I dunno about it affecting flips and shit, but I'm assuming its gonna make a difference. Don't kill yourself if you start out as crap when you get back on the board, just know its gonna happen.

I would recommend grabbing a set of softer wheels in the same size as your currents for when you restart. I say that 'cause the vibration from my 101a's made it so I couldn't support my own weight after 15 minutes. I have some 78a's on there now, I can go for hours.

When you get back on, don't charge back out to the rails or stairs or whatever the fuck you like. Just take some time and cruise around a bit. The soft wheels will help that. The best way to gain muscle for skating is to fucking skate. Bounce around and keeping things chill until you get a clean medical slate/go 'fuck it' and do your old thing is the best thing to do. Plus, it gets you over the fear before you go back to the heavy shit.

So yeah, recover fast, get the fuck back on ASAP, and do your thing.
>>
>>2082175

Do they last long? I want to buy one because of Jaws
>>
>tfw you pull 5-0's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSC9cgvtkRs
>>
>>2082166
>But what brand will keep him from getting beat up.

fucking hell anon, he's only 6, do you live in the ghetto?
>>
>>2082935
i wish my local brought in polar, love their aesthetic.

>>2083003
that was a great part. the song was perfect.

>>2083400
what's comfy for you? like super squishy and the insole sucking in your sole? or is comfy kinda stiff for you but has a bit of squish?
>>
>>2084819
squishy as fuck
>>
>>2084687

Yep, there's niggers everywhere, it's really horrible
>>
>>2084898
jusq' ici, tous vas biens
>>
>>2084993

Moi aussi merci
>>
>used to skate when I was really young
>loved the hell out of it and completely immersed myself in it daily
>friends and I went so hard we ended up getting it completely banned from school
>fast forward and I drop it after about 2 years of high school
>fast forward some more and I'm talking to a friend about skateboarding and he tells me how he wants to get into it
>it's winter
>in Canada

Probably going to take him to an indoor park and toss him one of my old boards so we can get started.

But fuck man, I'm really upset that these urges pop up in the dead of winter, I'm going to be so upset looking outside every day until the snow melts.
>>
>>2084832

stick with emericas, they have very squishy insoles. if you don't mind nike, the janoskis have squishy insoles, too.
>>
>be me
>be at the skatepark
>resident inline blader who is an immigrant from Africa arrives
>we have seen each other a few times so he comes and kindly greets
>I always see him alone so I ask him if he hangs out with the rest of bladers who come to the park
>he asks me "black?"
>I reply "no, just regular"
>>
>>2087567
the fuck are you on about?
>>
Are spitfire f4 worth the 50 bucks? I always hear that they are the best wheel but it seems like a lot since I usually buy the $15 blank wheels, what's the difference?
>>
>>2088036
50 bucks?
Nah, you can them $32.
Unless you live in Cuckland
>>
>>2088036

why don't you just the pair and find out?
>>
>page 5

how the mighty have fallen
>>
>>2089654
they have
>>
Yo skatebois, what happened to that all new skateboarding game in development, that was getting some hype? It was like two dudes showi ng the engine in a youtube video. Was kinda like EA skate. Remember that?
>>
>>2087567
why did i find this funny
>>
WHY DID SOMEONE GET RID OF GO EARLY OR GO BURLY FROM THE OP
>>
Hey guys, how do I improve on my skating. I've been at it for over a year and I feel really comfortable on a board, going fast, bombing hills and stuff. I just cant seem to learn tricks. I noticed I fall A LOT less than most people and because of this I think my problem is not committing to tricks. How did you guys commit?
>>
>>2093709
Fuck off
>>
>>2092186
fuck off nerd
>>
>>2093800
Fully understand everything that goes into a trick, understand the science; also don't stop when you've landed one, keep practicing
>>
Terminology question. Humour a newbie, or something.

What's the difference between fakie and switch? In the sense that I thought fakie was when the board's tail is going forward, and switch was nose going forward with rear leg on nose.
>>
>>2094315
Fakie is switch nollie
>>
>>2094335
So the board's nose doesn't figure in? Guess the asymmetry doesn't matter anywhere near as much.
>>
>>2093966
Eat shit hipster homo.
>>
>>2094315
>>2094348
Fakie is just going backwards, so your back leg is still on the tail
>>
>move back to London for Christmas
>no friends who skate
>cold af
I've literally never been this unmotivated to skate in the past 2 years. Wtf.
>>
>>2093800
Attempt the same trick over and over and over again. Then, when you've failed 500+ times, think about what the board does when you try, and compare it to what it should do. Change your approach and see if you're any closer after another 500 attempts. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>>/qa/922397
can we get the support of the /esg/?
>>
Damn, this negro got some nice skillz
https://youtu.be/AJ3nxh5u3YY
>>
File: 1457146297280.jpg (36KB, 632x479px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1457146297280.jpg
36KB, 632x479px
>town is officially too snowed out to skate
>only indoor park was bought out and turned into a fucking indoor basketball court
fucking faggots
at least i can ski now but man i really want to skate
>>
should have been born in socal baka
>>
Imma post somefooty in the next thread.
>>
>tell friend I don't smoke weed
>cancels next session
>has ignired me since

Ummmm hello?
>>
>>2096727
>ski

>>>/lgbt/
>>
>haven't skated since I was 14
>am now 18
>decided to get back into
>go to local shop
>ask for a complete since I didn't want to assemble my own board from scratch
>only complete they have is Red Sox themed
>tfw I don't even watch baseball
>>
>>2097426
You want me to fuck you?
>>
>>2097878
so wot?
just get it and shred it
>>
File: IMG_0462.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_0462.png
2MB, 750x1334px
Please select one

Go early
>Go burly
>>
>>2098341
this
>>
>>2066750
seconded
>>
File: Canadian flag.png (466KB, 648x387px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Canadian flag.png
466KB, 648x387px
Any Canadian skaters here too ?
>>
>>2098587
usually
>>
File: 2015-11-12 21.17.47.jpg (430KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2015-11-12 21.17.47.jpg
430KB, 1280x960px
>>2098608
what about you anon ?
I'm in Nova
>>
>>2098649
I will not disclose any personal information about me ese. So put your hand back in your pockets wey.
>>
>>2098678
I don't speak that form a slang you used at the end .
What are you saying anyway ?
>>
>>2098649
Calgary
>>
Hey, /esg/, I'm heading to college soon and I think the building where my specific classes are held in don't like students carrying around boards/anything that isn't materials. Is there any way I can downsize to a small board (20''-25''?) without looking or feeling like a tremendous faggot by everyone around me? Also recommendations if you will
>>
Wtf is go early or go burly
>>
>>2099429
go big or go home kinda thing
>>
>>2099366
don't go to college
>>
>>2099429
>Go early
Skate early morning so you don't have to deal with people
>Go burly
Smash tf out of kids if they get in your way
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 2048x2048px
I can't wait to learn Indy airs on this Scram x Assault board I got. I'm liking what Nolan Johnson is doing and hopefully he puts together a team.
>>
>>2099366
Anything smaller than 32" is gay
Anything larger than 32" is gay
>>
>>2100235
But anon I'm only half gay
>>
>>2100324
>bi
Stop talking to me
>>
>>2099429
A forced meme
>>2100407
Fuck off bottom bitch
>>
noo thred: >>2101125
>>2101125
>>2101125
>>2101125
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.