[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is WWE so sour with good 'ol JR?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: JBL.jpg (105KB, 700x685px) Image search: [Google]
JBL.jpg
105KB, 700x685px
Why is WWE so sour with good 'ol JR?
>>
Vince never liked him apparently, and he used to but heads with Vince over how he would bury stars from other promotions
>>
>>1757369
He's one of the few people that wasn't a brown nosing yes man to Vince.
>>
He actually understands wrestling and Vince doesn't like that JR has the balls to call him out on all his bullshit.

They used the SS incident to shitcan him but Vince has never liked JR because he thinks people from the South are uneducated trash, yet this guy knows more about Vince's business than Vince does.
>>
>>1757418
his head is too far up Bill Watts ass to notice Vince
>>
>>1757418
JR brown nosed Vince like nobody's business when it was convenient to him
>>
>>1757398
Dunno why Vince intentionally fucks shit up so much due to personal issues, WWE is his life.

Haitch would likely do better if he ever takes over even with his huge ego because still puts over alot of talent at Wrestlemania (not all but 90% of them)

He helped cement midgets like Benoit and Dbry when they appeared vastly inferior.
>>
File: Alexa Bliss - ring 2 crop.jpg (108KB, 631x747px) Image search: [Google]
Alexa Bliss - ring 2 crop.jpg
108KB, 631x747px
Hello, my old nemesis.
>>
>>1757369
>the look on his face when he was shoot drafted to smackdown
>>
>>1757429

And yet AJ and Heath are champions today.
>>
File: my old nemesis.gif (4MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
my old nemesis.gif
4MB, 200x200px
>>1757494
>>
>2k picked up the WWE series after THQ

>streamed their first live event not only to Twitch, but to their main WWE website
>JR let a drunk Ric Flair go off on a tangent about his dead son and other dumb bullshit
>JR threw away the que cards and let it happen

Gee.
>>
It's bullshit. Only JR wanted to sign green-as-goose-shit Dwayne Johnson in 1996 because he saw something in him. Everybody else, including Vince, wanted nothing to do with him.
>>
>>1757563
>Jim Ross is to blame for all the faggots who see the WWE as a stepping stone to a movie career
I'm glad he's gone.
>>
>>1757563
JR was entirely responsible for Austin's push aswell and he still has huge respect for JR.

Considering the Rock and Austin are some of the biggest draws in wrestling i'd say he was partly responsible for the AE, which gave WWE some of the biggest ratings ever and helped WWE survive the Monday night wars. Also contributed to NXT when it was starting out.

He really doesn't get enough credit.
>>
>>1757583
As The Rock got more popular with movies he increased the awareness of WWE.

Too bad the E can't capitalize on it anymore with quality programming.
>>
>>1757503
It really seems like Vince gets a hard-on in making him suffer.
>>
Vince resents JR for being a far better commentator than he ever was.

>>1757440
>Benoit & Bryan
>vastly inferior to HHH

maximum kek
>>
I miss him, he and Lawyer were great as commentators, now we have some fucktards that at their best can spell their own names.

And worst of it all, they have as much charisma as Danetty
>>
File: VinceMocksJR.png (191KB, 650x440px) Image search: [Google]
VinceMocksJR.png
191KB, 650x440px
>>1757632
>Shit on JR with work-shoots to help with his heel character
>Actually thought his face turn was gonna work.
He went too far with JR
>>
>>1757639
JR and King are both Southerners and they turned out to be the best commentating team for a wrestling company colloquially known as New York. You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>1757636
Dbry and Benoit were B- players before Haitch etc put them over. Whereas Haitch was a B+
>>
>>1757369
He wouldn't stop doing his horrendous impersonations.
>>
>>1757639
Lawler not so much, JR made him good by proxy.
Hence why he's utter shit without him to bounce off of
>>
>>1757639
>now we have some fucktards that at their best can spell their own names
Reminder that current commentators are hamstrung by corporate guidelines and Vince constantly being in their ear feeding them lines.
>>
>>1757550
And what the fuck was JR gonna' do, tell him to shut the fuck up about his dead son?

They literally couldn't do anything to Flair because how fucking shitty would that make them look right? So they fire JR because he was supposed to be "Handling" Flair.

Flair's a grown ass man and doesn't need looking after, Vince is just a petty little fuck.
>>
>>1757701
Not only that but Vince was looking for any excuse to finally get rid of JR, without an excuse there would've been a shitstorm.

Just look at flair, back in WWE after it and he was the one that caused the shit.
>>
File: 68676.jpg.jpg (70KB, 521x1024px) Image search: [Google]
68676.jpg.jpg
70KB, 521x1024px
Vince never liked JR for the same reasons he never liked Dusty Rhodes and Jim Cornette.

Vince has a complex about people from the South. Look at how many negative southern stereotype wrestlers there have been in WWF compared to negative stereotypes of people from the northeast (literally one: HHH, whose gimmick was that he was a wealthy and handsome super athlete)

In all honesty, I'm surprised he hasn't had AJ Styles come out in overalls and a straw hat yet.
>>
>>1757369
He's shit thats why
>>
>>1757647
Bryan was more over than HHH ever was before The Authority even formed, dummy.
>>
>>1757701
2K didn't give a fuck either because the stream was a big success.
>>
>>1757736
Vince grew up in North Carolina with a redneck dad.
>>
>>1757494
can someone explain this meme?
>>
>>1759116
Literally Lex Luthor motivation
>>
>>1759116

*Stepdad. Vince has implied that he was sexually abused by his mother and stepfather, and suggested he was really disappointed when the stepfather died because apparently he would have liked to kill that molesting fuck himself.
>>
>>1758298
18+
>>
>>1759116
>North Carolina
>Southern
kek
>>
>>1757369
The business has never been the same with out JR he was a huge part of the success of the product.
>>
>>1757503

It chapped my ass I remember when that happened.

I could tell he was getting a demotion.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.