[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do martial artists of /asp/ think about full contact/"knockdown"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: EnshinSabaki.jpg (26KB, 300x308px) Image search: [Google]
EnshinSabaki.jpg
26KB, 300x308px
What do martial artists of /asp/ think about full contact/"knockdown" karate/kenpo?
>>
File: 2u8e3jk.gif (3MB, 228x180px) Image search: [Google]
2u8e3jk.gif
3MB, 228x180px
>>1586170
It's a fun little game to play with your friends. It'd be even better if you got to fight people for a little longer.
>>
its fucking stupid and for tuff >:( guys

if there isnt punching to the head I don't respect it
>>
>>1586170
Best karate, and there are a good amount of full contact karate guys in mma to prove it's effective.
>>
>>1587313
most of the karate people in MMA came from point karate

WONDER BOOOOOOYYYYYY
>>
>>1587329
And the only successful striker of those was lyoto machida. However, the guys that do come from a knockdown karate backgorund dont have that problem.
>>
Whats the Krottie in the Olympics going to be like? Will they be wearing faggy headgear and gloves? Why is there no Krottie places for adults in my area
>>
>>1587559
Point stop karate tag is a sport for kids. Learn a real martial art.
>>
>>1586170
Full contat implies sparing. And sparing is usually good, as long as you don't get dragged down by thousand dumbs rules. So, I think is good enough, or at least, better than "traditional" martial arts which are only forms and shadowboxing, like taichi.
>>
>>1587540
you know that's not true. the point karate people are far and away some of the most technically talented strikers around. They move and do things the kickboxers are not capable of.

When they lose it isn't because of a shortcoming in their striking

>>1587766
if they can touch you they can cut you
>>
>>1586170
Actually pretty effective compared to normal karate's applications. Can be applied more readily at least with actually doing sparring, though no face-punch can be a little awkward for some, especially as it's often used to train for Kickboxing as well. The kicks to the head taught are fucking nasty though, they can come at you even in really close range before you realize it.

There's one subset that allows face-punch, Bogu or something.

If I was trying to train the perfect fighter it'd be my starting point because the conditioning for it is very good.

At least it's not kata-killme all day
>>
>>1588527
>you know that's not true. the point karate people are far and away some of the most technically talented strikers around. They move and do things the kickboxers are not capable of.

>When they lose it isn't because of a shortcoming in their striking

LOL this nigga honestly believes point sparring is more conducive to technical full contact kickboxing than full contact kickboxing is

>if they can touch you they can cut you

Maybe if they were fencing
>>
>>1588542
k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71KT91fORwk

just because the tools karate offers are too advanced for you, and your natural athleticism doesn't allow you to go any deeper than 1 2 3 front round, doesn't mean the advanced tools don't work

karate is a very high level way of fighting. Understand this fact, kickboxers struggle with someone that has high level karate because of their movement
>>
>>1586170
It's just Karate but they compete differently.
>>
I've just started kyokushin, coming from a taekwondo background. It's a hell of a step up from that. My end goal is MMA, but that's out of my price range for now. I have to say, I'm getting my money's worth in terms of striking training. It's hard training, there's hard contact, there's tough conditioning and it's pretty practical.

I mean, as a base for MMA striking muay thai would be the best way to go. I don't see kyokushin lagging behind it much though, and we're talking more about rules than we are actual quality of teaching. Also. Done taekwondo? Do kyokushin. There's a lot of carryover and you'll end up an amazing kicker.
>>
>>1588298
Tai chi isn't just forms and shadow boxing.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.