[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not understanding.... If Smackdown is supposed to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: 347.jpg (108KB, 1600x600px) Image search: [Google]
347.jpg
108KB, 1600x600px
I'm not understanding....

If Smackdown is supposed to be reborn with this "new" coat of paint and a fresh new start, why the living hell would you let them have the old Championship and give Raw the honor of birthing a new belt?
>>
Smackdown is the flagship show with all the A+ players like Dean, Styles, and BMJ
Raw gets stuck with the "Universal Championship" jobber belt
>>
>>1519225
Yeah. I don't get that either. Smackdown should be getting the shiny new toy, not Raw.

I guess it's all about how you perceive it. Like a glass half empty vs. half full.

You could see it as Raw getting a new toy, or Smackdown getting to keep the belt with more history and prestige.

Though I'll laugh if it's just the Big Gold Belt again...
>>
>>1519238
This
>>
>>1519225
Because Vince will make the Universe Title more legitimate than the WWE Title that's held by a man that drew 1.87 ratings.

Once Seth wins the Universe Title expect Brock to be his opponent next
>>
Universal championship sounds queer as two guys fucking three guys. Raw really fucked up making a new belt. Just....
>>
>>1519238
Now you've got me hoping that one day WWE decides to create a Jobber Championship. Thanks a lot.
>>
>>1519258
Universe title is so much better than universal title. Leave it to wwe to fuck things up

>universal pixtres lawsuit
>>
>>1519263
If the belt looks good (a big IF) i'll give the shitty name a pass
>>
>>1519225

Because creating s new title like that is automatically less prestigious than the current title. It makes perfect sense, have the reinvented SD steal the proper championship from the flagship show, Steph gets pissed off and has to make her own title.
>>
I'm highly suspicious that Vince is intentionally sabotaging Smackdown in order to fuck over USA Network for making WWE put it on live every week.

If WWE were serious about Smackdown being on equal footing then they would drop the mentions about Raw being the Flagship show and so on.

Something tells me on the inside that Smackdown is going to follow the same formula of the 'old era' and be driven into the ground instead of attempting to be good.

I was quite surprised at how good Raw was tonight, I wasn't expecting what I saw.
>>
>>1519247

I agree with this. It's a perception thing.

You can see it as Raw getting a brand new toy that everybody wants, and Smackdown has to settle for a hand me down relic, or you can see it as Smackdown inheriting a precious family heirloom and Raw getting a joke consolation prize.

Of course, that's meaningless if Smackdown just changes the design of the WWE Championship. Then it'll be like both brands got a new toy.

DO IT VINCE!!!!
>>
>>1519266
I think the reason they went with Universal instead of Universe is because ppl are naturally gonna say "WWE" before the Titles name and the "WWE Universe Championship" sounds 10x more gay because they call their audience the WWE Universe
>>
>Universal championship
>named after "The WWE Universe" aka WWE fans.
>The belt is made to pander to WWE fan, while the old one is meant for the real champ.
>Which is why Finn Balor is going to win it.
>>
Such a shit name

UNLESS

It is like a champion of the universe type deal and has planets and shit on it
>>
>>1519327
It's a New Era m8. The WWE Title needs to be retired, that belt has been ran through the mud and has lost all it's prestige. Bring back Big Gold for SD
>>
I guess the reason why I wanted Smackdown to have the new title belt is because I want Smackdown to triumph over Raw, and I think the current WWE Championship Belt looks like crap.

Seriously, it looks like a giant class ring.

If you're going to give a new belt to Raw, at least let Smackdown redesign the current one. Bring back the old Undisputed Championship or the Eagle Belt.
>>
>>1519350
And that belt's legacy hadn't? Does the name David Arquette ring a bell?
>>
>>1519247

It'll be the fucking stupid belt they have now that makes it look like the champ is champion of the letter W but with a different color strap, probably red. If they get really out there it'll be white gold or "platinum" instead of yellow gold
>>
>>1519225
I kind of like it from a kayfabe point of view. Like anon said, it makes Steph look like a sore looser that she had to make up a new title to save face.
>>
>>1519390
It...makes sense, I suppose.
>>
what I expected
>Every PPV turns into "Which show will win the most belts?"
What we got:
>Fuck it both shows have super special belts
>>
>>1519444
But if every PPV was for who has the most belts then the brand split was for nothing because every title match would have to be interpromotional
>>
>>1519611
then how about- how about we bring back Bragging Rights

>Once a year we have smackdown vs raw champs
>>
>>1519266
Why Universal Title in the first place? Sounds so cringy. If Vince didn't want to revive the World Heavyweight Championship then why the hell did he drop the "World Heavyweight" name in the WWE Championship. If not World Heavyweight Champion then how about make the WWE International Heavyweight Championship for Raw and keep the WWE World Heavyweight Championship for Smackdown?
>>
File: 1447998199140.jpg (29KB, 692x488px) Image search: [Google]
1447998199140.jpg
29KB, 692x488px
I swear you faggots are never EVER happy, it's probably a good thing Vince ignores you as much as he does.

Dean taking the title to smackdown against the odds of 2 raw guys in a good match makes smackdown look like a big deal, same with the celebration.

If you honestly think having some fucking lame universal title because your brand was too shit to bring home the established biggest title in the company is pushing that brand then you need to kill yourself immediately.
>>
Smackdown needed the old title to consolidate it's not a completely irrelevant side show.
>>
Isn't this just RAW cucking Smackdown? Dean is WWE world heavyweight champ so RAW is like nah our champ is champ of the whole UNIVERSE since we're the A show.
>>
>>1519666
BASED
>>
>>1519745
No, not really.

Sure, it may have a fancier name, but it's still nothing to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
>>
>>1519666
THIS
>>
>>1519745
No, he isn't the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. He's the WWE Champion. Name limits the impact of the title's presence.
>>1519782
Still why drop the World Heavyweight name in the WWE Championship. They should have kept it in. The Universal Championship sounds so autistic and cringe. Why not make a title that is similar namewise to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. WCW when they had two brands and world championships had the WCW World Heavyweight Championship and the WCW International (World) Heavyweight Championship. Both World and International are similar wordwise so make a WWE International Heavyweight Championship.
>>
>Universal Championship

This is worse than the King of the Mountain Championship shit that TNA has
>>
>>1520416
Apparently people everywhere from news sites to twitter hates the new name.
>>
Because Raw will always be WWE's flagship program, they did it that way so the new belt can be relevant. The WWE Championship is relevant enough already, even more relevant than SmackDown itself...
>>
>>1520428

Back when they used to do those WWE APP vote things 3 years ago, they asked people what they wanted the current championship to be called. People voted for "Unified title" and they showed the results later that night...then when the time comes for Cena vs. Orton, they say it's going to be called the "WWE World Heavyweight Championship"

So in terms of caring what people think, that's not what WWE is about.
>>
Perception.

we all know Smackdown will forever be the B show, so it's gets the WWE WHC so people care about it's main event scene.

the heavyweight champion of Raw will always be the de facto Real World's Champ, it's the flagship it doesn't matter what you call the belt.
>>
>>1519323
Your point makes no sense, because the only reason why they called it Universal was because they call the fans the "WWE Universe". They want you to think about that every time you hear the title's name.
>>
File: 1469492665428.png (175KB, 580x249px) Image search: [Google]
1469492665428.png
175KB, 580x249px
Why I am /smack/
>>
Building a new title on SmackDown will leave it feeling devalued to the WWE title. Creating it on the flagship show will make it a bigger deal.
>>
File: smackdownwojak.png (48KB, 674x786px) Image search: [Google]
smackdownwojak.png
48KB, 674x786px
>Smackdown pre-show is in an hour
>Still no pictures of the new set
WHERE'S THE PICTURES
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.