[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WCPW Built to Destroy PPV Game Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 14

File: Wcpw-black.jpg (24KB, 577x577px) Image search: [Google]
Wcpw-black.jpg
24KB, 577x577px
Stream just went live.

First WCPW PPV. ROH title match included.

Also PPV = New Joe Hendry song.

Are you ready for disappointment?
>>
>>1514240
Adam Blampeado please leave.
>>
Thanks, I almost forgot this.
>>
Real commentators is a good start.
>>
>PPV
I am viewing. But I never paid.
I am not sure they really know wtf they are doing.
>>
Holy shit these commentators are a breath of fresh air, so much better than Ross, Blampied and Miller
>>
Damo turns heel, joins BX.

Read it here first.
>>
>whatculture
cringe
>>
>>1514240
Is Joe Hendry even on the card? Also kill yourself.
>>
>>1514240
How much?
>>
I am an unashamed martin kirby fan. Seriously he just puts effort in that I can only respect.
>>
>>1514311
>>1514314
You love it.
>>
>>1514314
>Joe Hendry and Joseph Conners vs Prospect

Seems like it.
>>
>More of a crowd.
>Commentators actually calling matches, rather than having gay web-drama conversations with each other.

Better already.

>comedy matches
oh okay. still shit.
>>
>>1514337
>>comedy matches
>oh okay. still shit.

It's predetermined fighting. Nothing wrong with dedicating a match with a bit o banter.
>>
>>1514337
I've got two words for you:

Bob. Backlund.
>>
>>1514342
They did a comedy match for this rivalry on the last show. Building a whole rivalry out of British panto style 'comedy' is lame. If this is a "PPV" they should put on a serious match. All of this jokey content should have been in one of the build up matches.
>>
Cut-ins and instant replays.

It's like they found some production values.
>>
>>1514354
Or just copied what the biggest productions around have been doing.
>>
>>1514352
Those two guys are both sort of comedy wrestlers that intersperse it with their actual quite good fast-moving or high-flying spots. They're basically a good opener to wake up and warm up a crowd, and that's what they're being used for here. No ones expecting you to remember this match later I'd say, but it's a good curtain jerker.
>>
>>1514368
Like breezango?
>>
Kirby could be really good if he dropped 30% of the "funny funny" crap he does and actually did some fighting.

He can clearly do the moves, but by pratting about the entire time, he doesn't look like he is competing, so why would we care about his character if he doesn't?
>>
>>1514371
Pretty much.

>>1514375
And removed Nintendos intellectual property from his gimmick.

Same is true for Joe Coffey and Iron Man though.
>>
File: this man doesn't know booking.jpg (32KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
this man doesn't know booking.jpg
32KB, 600x400px
Weekly reminder that we know wcpw is shit.

But it's a nice warmup to raw.
>>
>>1514378
that nintendo stuff isn't really a part of the character so would be easy enough to drop, i'd think
>>
Ligero pins a fucker like he is actually legitimately pinning him. The shitty fake pins is what always bothers me in WWE.
>>
>>1514383
It's not really any worse than British wrestling TV shows from the 70s and 80s, when it was really popular. And that's after about only 4 events.
>>
>>1514383
To be fair, he's never worked as a wrestling booker, but he was part of an award-winning, festival-selling comedy quartet. So maybe he just felt like sticking with something he knows more about in his writing at first.
>>
Classic Weasel Suit match moment here.

I am digging this unironically.
>>
>>1514393
I agree, but the only thing to compare it to is modern productions and right now it's not as good as what there currently is.

But thats to be expected for a new show. They'll get better and right now they're trying with the continual weekly changes.
>>
this is terrible
>>
Kirby is as good at fighting clothing as Bob Backlund.
>>
That was a nice slap.
>>
File: 1448507842635.png (406KB, 804x604px) Image search: [Google]
1448507842635.png
406KB, 804x604px
>this background
>>
File: 1469406767000.gif (4MB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
1469406767000.gif
4MB, 420x236px
>It's Ameen time
Everyone, stand the fuck up.
>>
It's a shame that the whole Indian thing doesn't translate as well to international audiences, with the whole former part of the British Empire and member of the Commonwealth thing.
>>
>>1514428
The mans a lying virgin. sit down.
>>
>>1514428
He's Ted DiBiase but he badly, BADLY needs an Enforcer. Getting his own hands dirty is KILLING his gimmick.
>>
>>1514430
Tiger Ali Singh had literally the same gimmick in the WWF in the 90s. It is a gimmick that travels.
>>
And here the crowd shits the bed.
>What? chants
Please die.
>>
>WHAT
>CULTURE
>>
>>1514451
You can see that the guys they hired aren't just enhancement talent. This guy's a heel and used to getting heat and shit from a smarky crowd, so he knows how to disrupt them in turn.
>>
>>1514451
That was quick, and pretty impressive.
>>
These new commentators are raising the level of the whole show.
>>
Those uppercuts were a mile off target.
>>
Kidd is Jack's gimmick if he was an actual wrestler.

I'm glad they're promoting them instead of themselves now.
>>
>chat still disabled
>>
Aaaaaaaaaaand now he's straight up cutting a ruthless aggression promo - incoming Kiss My Ass Club.
>>
>kidd is now his sex slave
>>
Ameen is good. The end made Kidd look weak though by complying - they should have got the WCPW "lawyers" to come out with paperwork, basically enforcing the stipulation. He should have done it more grudgingly.

That said, this is still being booked better than this year's Wrestlemania so....
>>
why do brits like bearded fatasses so much?
>>
Is Suzie a Scottish Asian goth mime artist? That is a real niche gimmick.
>>
Suzie has shit leggingss to go with her shit legs.

>>1514511
So far I feel like 2 out of their 3 bearded fatasses are really good.

What I don't get is why they don't let Rampage talk for himself. Dude is good at the mic and actually has hella Charisma enough to be face. He reminds me more of the Rock's heel run than anything.
>>
>>1514511
Have you seen the WWE roster recently?
>>
>that Iron Man rip-off
every time
>>
>>1514518
I though she was white and not a goth.
>>
>memeplex city chants after a single suplex
of course
>>
>>1514528
He's fighting Angle in November believe it or not.
>>
>>1514533
I don't know whether she is Asian or not but she is all in black, and has that pointy eye makeup that makes her look Asian
>>
>>1514533
I think the guy is confused by the scottishs naturally gothic look and the fact that when you see Suzie's whole body instead of the zoomed-in video shit you realize she is basically a fucking skeleton.
>>
>I don't know why they always have so much stuff under wrestling rings
>You never know when you'll need extra seats, look out packed out it is at WCPW tonight

This is how you commentate, WhatCulture guys.
>>
the crowd laughs a lot, i wouldn't feel very comfortable as a wrestler there
>>
>>1514568
Modern crowds fucking suck and ruin whole events. When it is such a small scale venue, it must be fucking awkward.

Why I give full respect to Ameen, playing them at their own game.

This is still a good event.
>>
>>1514540
I meant his theme. The gimmick itself isn't bad, could embrace it more for special events, like Balor does for Takeovers.
>>
>>1514240
Overall, has WCPW been worth a damn or nah?
>>
Jay Lethal sorting them out and making these guys take it serious.
>>
how did they get the ROH title?
>>
What the fuck is that noise
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>1514587
He usually wears paint much like balor and it looks pretty good in my opinion. Haven't seen him wear it on WCPW yet.
>>
IN A FEW MINUTES
>>
>Noam Dar
>representing UK
that's why he's representing Scotland in CWC instead of the whole country as everyone else?
>>
>>1514594
This has been by far the best thing they have put on. All their other stuff was too jokey. Like they didn't want to look like they were taking it seriously, in case it failed. So they could back out of it and say "nah, it was all a big joke" or something.

This is good though. I am unironically enjoying this event.

Poor Noam Dar. Guy cannot cut a promo. Why didn't they pre-tape it and give him a few runs at it?
>>
File: 1435274258782.gif (1MB, 199x187px) Image search: [Google]
1435274258782.gif
1MB, 199x187px
>The interviewer is taller than both wrestlers

THE STATE OF WCPW
>>
>>1514601
By promising lethal and the ROH guys that they won't drop the belt.

It gives ROH exposure and adds prestige to the belt and pays lethal.

I believe it's like a traveling championship. There may be another belt that ROH use in its productions.
>>
>>1514606
I'd like to see him paint for special shows like today's. If he did it every time it would quickly get boring.
>>
>>1514611
There was already 3 guys representing the uk so I guess he just wanted to rep Scotland as there was no one else doing it.
>>
Holy fuck WWE needs to hire this ring announcer
>>
>>1514615
So kind of like WWE's product, but worse.
>>
>>1514624
Or perhaps he's one of those guys butthurt about Brtexit. :^)
>>
>>1514635
well yeah, but that's because it was set up by a bunch of WWE fanboys.

I hope they will get more touring indies to come in and shake them up and get them into shape a bit.

If they want to keep it light, they should get in contact with Broken Matt. He can bring his comedy gimmick over for them and show them how to do funny shit without it being annoying.
>>
stream crashed
>>
File: 1458784777984.gif (3MB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1458784777984.gif
3MB, 512x288px
>"W-well you see, um, great Britain wrestling counts t-twice as much as American!"
>Stream crashes
>>
>>1514701
>>1514706
Back up now. Refresh.
>>
File: TNA.jpg (149KB, 280x731px) Image search: [Google]
TNA.jpg
149KB, 280x731px
>ceiling too low for aerial spots
>>
LOL LETHAL WINS
>>
That was fucking special.
This crowd should be standing up and applauding both of those guys out of the ring.
>>
File: 1381341236975.png (84KB, 171x208px) Image search: [Google]
1381341236975.png
84KB, 171x208px
Joe Hendry is the fucking best.
>>
BASED JOE HENDRY

Spot of the night 10/10 song
>>
I can't be the only one who thinks the ring announcer oversells
>>
File: gorillan tappaja.jpg (98KB, 959x928px) Image search: [Google]
gorillan tappaja.jpg
98KB, 959x928px
>>1514814
This right here
>>
>>1514833
What do you expect annoucers to do?
>>
File: a_tip_of_the_hat_by_jollyjack.jpg (40KB, 500x640px) Image search: [Google]
a_tip_of_the_hat_by_jollyjack.jpg
40KB, 500x640px
>>1514240
>law-breaker stiffymaker
>>
>>1514833
It is not possible for a ring announcer to oversell. The more over the top the better.
>>
Wait, what?
Botchamania?
>>
Hmmm. I see what they were doing with that tag booking, but they should have ended on a schoolboy pin rather than the small package.
>>
>Cody Rhodes to WCPW

Seems like Mr Meekmahan's loss is....well, Cody Rhodes' loss....
>>
The crowd is literally ruining the main event.
>>
WHAT THE FUCK?!??!!
>>
These piledrivers look so shit.
>>
Big Damo going into business for himself
>>
The What Culture guys are literally the worst thing about this (other than the crowd, obvs)
>>
Holy shit, that piledriver on Rampage was awful.
>>
Adam has booking power.

This makes sense. I like this. I'm not gonna lie. The low blow was a bad move. And the adam was the secret mastermind was a bit ass pully. But adam using his admin powers to pick his champ and knocking out the GM. Is just what you expect from the guy whose based his character of bischoff and uses less wrestling based writing.

But overall not too bad. imo
>>
That was a great event. This meme shit has to die though.
>>
>>1514989
I mean the second one, first was very well executed.
>>
>>1515004
Memes are existence anon. It's like trying to get rid of gravity.
>>
It was going to be really hard to not have rampage or damo look weak. With that in mind, I like the direction this went. Rampage was built up as a monster heel, then damo comes out on top after a double turn, so he's an even bigger monster heel. That being said, holy shit was that some lazy storytelling. So, Damo was always in cahoots with Adam just in case Rampage decided he'd had enough of his shit? Hopefully Adam doesn't do much more Hogan level self booking.
>>
>>1515012
what an unintelligent thing to say
>>
File: I'm the big guy!.gif (3MB, 362x366px) Image search: [Google]
I'm the big guy!.gif
3MB, 362x366px
>>1515019
>Hogan level self booking.
Now, that's some pretty harsh words, mate!
>>
I don't know if it was just the angle it was shown at, but Jack sold that punch really well.
>>
File: woooooooric.gif (997KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
woooooooric.gif
997KB, 500x373px
>>1514308
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.