[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Don't really know how to skate-never could ollie as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: skateboard_o_549489.jpg (41KB, 640x492px) Image search: [Google]
skateboard_o_549489.jpg
41KB, 640x492px
>Don't really know how to skate-never could ollie as a kid so I gave the hobby up (when I was 12 or so)
>Live in the suburbs of St.Louis area.
>Bored with life in general.
>Want to skateboard around for shits n' giggles.
>Don't care about kickflips and loitering around the food court at the mall.
>I just want to roll around kind of fast, but I don't want to go so fast I fucking splatter all over the street.
What kind of skateboard should I get?
What kind of safety equipment and tools do I need?
Thanks in advance.
>>
Longboard
>>
>that pic
if you can jump over a railway than you can ollie over one it just take practice, unless the artist meant there was a train coming or something
>>
>>1503837
I guess I probably could, I just have no real reason to care about if I can ollie or not. I just want to roll around. I'm sure I could figure it out now, but I really don't want to do that.
Are penny boards fun? They look like a good mix between longboard and portable.
>>
>>1503873
you want a cruiser. they're like a longboard but shorter. they are distinct from normal boards in shape, wheels, and trucks.smooth rides. example:
https://www.warehouseskateboards.com/dusters-california-skateboards-jack-complete-cruiser-with-cork-top-8.37x31
note the dimensions- about the same as a regular skateboard. this is good, very maneuverable in every environment.

penny boards are toys, regardless of brand or quality, injection molded plastic boards are a trendy joke. fun, but the fun is over quick.
you could also do a longboard but they're a bit more difficult to maneuver, especially since some don't have tails, making kickturns impossible (that is, leaning back on the board, lifting the front wheels to turn, as opposed to turning by simply tilting the board left or right). forget 90 degree turns in a sidewalk on a longboard.
cruisers are mainly for transport. virtually no aerial maneuvers are done on them, nor downhill action. you can carve around in a bowl (empty swimming pool type thing) with one. cruisers also have big soft wheels like longboards so cracks and pebbles are less hazardous than on normal wheels (a boon to the traveler).

if I were in your postion I would look though this page (or a similar site), keeping in mind the dimensions of the example above, and pick a shape and graphic that appealed to me.
https://www.warehouseskateboards.com/skateboard-completes

for christ's sake, don't buy from zumiez. they destroy local skate shops, and as a result, skate communities. if they have a board you want, contact the manufacturer (who might send you extra stickers and stuff, they're nice).

tools:
unit brand (or similar) tool, roughly 8.99 usd will do you just fine.
safety gear:
none. if you're genuinely concerned, learn to fall by rolling your body out of it- tumble on to your back and roll over til your feet are on the ground again. watch how gymnasts tumble. practice in grass if you must.

questions? i'm here to help
>>
File: 1469148226187.jpg (61KB, 634x634px) Image search: [Google]
1469148226187.jpg
61KB, 634x634px
>>1503667
This belongs in /toy/
>>
>>1504270
Hey thanks a lot man.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.