[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the greatest moment in wrestling history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11

File: 082_wm30_04062014jg_3032.jpg (238KB, 1284x722px) Image search: [Google]
082_wm30_04062014jg_3032.jpg
238KB, 1284x722px
Is this the greatest moment in wrestling history?
>>
>>1498920
18+
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 650x502px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 650x502px
No, this was
>>
>>1498920
Lol.

>literal B+ player

Not even in the top 50 desu...
>>
>>1498930
Based fucking Hogan.
>>
File: WrestleMania-273.png (123KB, 584x239px) Image search: [Google]
WrestleMania-273.png
123KB, 584x239px
>>1498920
Well if you want me to be less of a nostalgiafag and more objective, I think that it could be in the top ten. It's a lot more memorable than some other Wrestlemania main events in recent memory.......
>>
>>1499026
sure the main event was bad, but Taker v HHH was based
>>
>>1498920

Yeah if you're 14 years old.
>>
Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels was the pinnacle of Wrestlemania moments. Two of the men who made the program what it is today facing off for the very last time. The "I'm sorry" from Michaels really puts the icing on the cake
>>
It was predictable.

Like who really thought he wasn't going to win it?
>>
that's not the FINAL DELETION
>>
If by greatest you mean worst, yes
>>
>>1498920
Is up there.

Anti-smarks like >>1499006 exploded out of rage when THE GOAT won and worked them into a frenzy.

You can see the impact to this day by anons being forever worked by him.
>>
>>1499473
was the actual match good? I've never seen it but it gets talked about a lot and I just thought it was for the moment and not the match.
>>
Wrestling history is really fucking long, so, no, probably not.

The greatest moment of the PG/Reality era? The greatest moment of the 2010s? It's definitely up there. The combination of great in-ring work, booking and real life circumstances makes it very unique and very hard to duplicate.

Also, the fact that he was injured means he never legit lost the championship, so we didn't have this moment tainted by Lesnar squashing Bryan at Summerslam.
>>
>>1499707
There's some good spots and Shawn sells his ass off, but it's pretty clear that Ric just doesn't have anything left in the tank. I'm pretty sure the most damage Shawn takes in the match isn't from anything Ric does, but from landing on a table after Ric rolls away.
>>
>>1499707
It's as good as Flair in his later years gets and a little better. some might say it's 5 stars off emotion alone, I'd say it's a solid 4.
>>
>>1499707
it's hard to say it was "good"
it wasn't a super-crisp 10/10 activity/workrate festival, but it was two huge icons clashing and putting on a very solid 8/10 match with a 10/10 story/emotional response
it's a shame Flair was so past his prime by then. but then again, if t had happened earlier, Micheals wouldn't have been as good, this match as at his peak
>>
File: 1443487692203.gif (2MB, 277x209px) Image search: [Google]
1443487692203.gif
2MB, 277x209px
Recommend me a good WCW PPV
>>
No, that vanilla Indy midget deserve midcard, just like dean the jobber
>>
>>1499734
Sadly he had enough time to job to Roman.
>>
>>1499815
Yeah but at least he managed to win the IC title and complete the grand slam.
>>
>>1499478
Yeah, it's not like they'd spent the last 7-8 months yanking the fans' chains or anything...

>>1499794
stay cucked anti-smark
>>
>>1498920
Objectively, this was the ultimate moment in pro wrestling. A genuine underdog baby face winning both world titles at Wrestlemania against all odds... people might say the Eddy/Benoit moment was better, but neither were as over as Daniel Bryan
>>
>>1498930

I came here to post this. It's hard to overstate how fucking amazing it was in context. THE icon of your company, who defined wrestling for an entire generation, who fucked off to the competition, who hadn't hulked up in years because he was a heel. He comes back and faces one of the two most popular guys in the company, who is pretty much booed out of the building as a result. Hulk does every dirty little trick he can to piss off the fans: back rakes, eye gouges, low blows, belting, and the crowd who grew up watching him loves every second of it. Then, just when Hulk looks down and out, the energy of tens of thousands of Hulkamaniacs inspires him to find the power inside himself again and he hulks up. The crowd noise builds every second and when he drops the leg is probably the single loudest pop I've ever heard in WWE. I just rewatched it a few nights ago and it's unbeatable, because it's the culmination of almost twenty years.
>>
>>1499970
>Never in my life have I felt an energy in the building like I did when Hogan walked out at Wrestlemania X8. It was next level shit, like a mild psychotropic drug induced state. The guy had complete unfettered control of the crowd the entire time, like some weird spazzy pro wrestling pied piper. It was amazing. You just have to experience it for yourself in person, I cannot do it justice with words.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 489x520px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 489x520px
>>1499970
>I came here to post this. It's hard to overstate how fucking amazing it was in context. THE icon of your company, who defined wrestling for an entire generation, who fucked off to the competition, who hadn't hulked up in years because he was a heel. He comes back and faces one of the two most popular guys in the company, who is pretty much booed out of the building as a result. Hulk does every dirty little trick he can to piss off the fans: back rakes, eye gouges, low blows, belting, and the crowd who grew up watching him loves every second of it. Then, just when Hulk looks down and out, the energy of tens of thousands of Hulkamaniacs inspires him to find the power inside himself again and he hulks up. The crowd noise builds every second and when he drops the leg is probably the single loudest pop I've ever heard in WWE. I just rewatched it a few nights ago and it's unbeatable, because it's the culmination of almost twenty years.
>>
File: 20000709_hulkk_doubj[1].jpg (160KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
20000709_hulkk_doubj[1].jpg
160KB, 1280x720px
This is
>>
>>1500035
Thats like this time when I had to go on another thread to post this. It's hard to overstate how fucking amazing it was in context. THE icon of your company, who defined wrestling for an entire generation, who fucked off to the competition, who hadn't hulked up in years because he was a heel. He comes back and faces one of the two most popular guys in the company, who is pretty much booed out of the building as a result. Hulk does every dirty little trick he can to piss off the fans: back rakes, eye gouges, low blows, belting, and the crowd who grew up watching him loves every second of it. Then, just when Hulk looks down and out, the energy of tens of thousands of Hulkamaniacs inspires him to find the power inside himself again and he hulks up. The crowd noise builds every second and when he drops the leg is probably the single loudest pop I've ever heard in WWE. I just rewatched it a few nights ago and it's unbeatable, because it's the culmination of almost twenty years.
>>
Why is it every time someone tries to post something that isn't memes, they are made fools of?
>>
>>1500118
>>1500118
self-hating shitposters
>>
>>1499750
>if it happened earlier, Michaels wouldn't have been as good

he hadn't had a shit match in any of the near 20 years prior, so do you mean in the 70s or something?
>>
>>1498920
legitimately No.
>>
>>1499759
Clash of the Champions 6-12 are booked better than you will ever see today.
>>
>>1498920
kek Randmeme Orton chillin senpai
>>
>>1499478
>It was predictable
Is this really a valid argument? This applies to 90% of all Wrestlemania main events. Did anybody think Bryan wasn't going to win? Did anybody think Edge was going to end the streak? Did anybody think there was a chance that Hunter WOULDN'T bury Jericho? Did anybody think that Ramen would lose at WM32?
>>
>>1498920
>muh vanilla midgets
Benoit yourself
>>
File: wwewm21batista.jpg (108KB, 456x352px) Image search: [Google]
wwewm21batista.jpg
108KB, 456x352px
no, this is
>>
Related question: has there ever been a bigger pop than Jericho's debut into the WWE? It's huge when his name shows up on the Titantron.
>>
>>1501615

jericho's pop is tame to half of stone cold's/dbry's pops
>>
>>1501623
18+
>>
>>1501628

but they are
>>
File: aastart.gif (2MB, 180x100px) Image search: [Google]
aastart.gif
2MB, 180x100px
>>
>>1498920
no this is https://streamable.com/s9ce
>>
File: wmxxbenoitguerrero-1478103.jpg (91KB, 456x352px) Image search: [Google]
wmxxbenoitguerrero-1478103.jpg
91KB, 456x352px
Who could forget Wrestlemania XX (besides Vince)
>>
File: val-venis-choppy-choppy-pee-pee.jpg (33KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
val-venis-choppy-choppy-pee-pee.jpg
33KB, 600x300px
>>1498920
No, this was
>>
>>1500118
Jealousy of people that can actually feel an emotional investment in the product instead of only being able to interact with it through bitterness and memes.
>>
>>1500160
lol I never noticed that, holy shit.

He was injured, right? He might've just been waiting for help.
>>
>>1501615
Foley winning the WWF Title
>>
File: 1354163023858AA.png (74KB, 246x236px) Image search: [Google]
1354163023858AA.png
74KB, 246x236px
>>1499970
Hogan come back soon.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.