[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Raw needs to go back to 2 hours.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 1

Why was Raw so fucking terrible tonight? Once per hour they had like one bad segment that literally just brought the entire crowd to pure apathy

>First it was the Jericho/Ambrose segment that was straight out of LOLTNA/LOLWCW with the fucking Doomsday Chamber

>Then it was New Day and the fucking Time Machine

>Then Raw ending with Stephanie McMahon emasculating Ric Flair to end off the show
>>
They never ever will under Vince because money. Triple H *might* change it some day but don't count on it.
>>
>>1298641

I'm just saying...2 weeks in a row the hottest angle on Raw is brawling between Roman and AJ...not wrestling...not talking...BRAWLING

What does it saying when your wrestling product is so bad you'd rather see a fight then a wrestling match?
>>
>>1298632
I'm gonna give it until after Extreme Rules. If a single feud continues after that, especially Jericho vs. Ambrose, I'll make a conscious effort to excise WWE from my life, at least for a while.
>>
>>1298664
Jericho is very likely done after EC. Maybe he'll stick around one more month to job to Roman but touring season is coming up soon.
>>
>>1298664
>>1298671

Something had to have fucking happened backstage

Vince at one point wanted a Straightjacket match which is already LOLWCW and LOLTNA as it is. He also wanted a cage match which was originally gonna be for Reigns/Styles to prevent The Usos/TheClub from getting in but they had to have swapped/scrapped matches/ideas and worked around it

Regardless that Cage match is gonna be botchtastically bad. Last 2 cage matches at Extreme Rules between Rollins/Orton and Cena/Wyatt were the worst matches on the card.
>>
>>1298648
It means their feud is over. And it's pretty good; I'm hot for it (not the Usos/Club because it's shit). But AJ/Reigns is good.

That is basically what I'm watching WWE! for.
>>
>>1298686

After I had heard that Seth is returning to TV it hit me:

>Finn Balor is losing at Takeover to Joe
>Balor is turning Heel and joining The Club
>Reigns/Rollins and Balor/Styles will be the new Top 2 feuds happening in the E

I really want Ambrose to be in a good feud too maybe he can feud with Cena and if Cena is merciful enough he'll let Ambrose go over
>>
>>1298693
>Anyone but Roman going over white hot returning Cena
Sorry, man.
>>
>>1298721

Why would Roman immediately have his World Championship feud be against Cena next? That's been saved for WM possibly RR/SS because it draw bigger money

Rollins is getting his match against Reigns at Battleground and will probably fuck around with Triple H/Kevin Owens for a bit.
>>
>>1298693
They're not doing another fucking Joe/Balor match are they?
>>
>>1298736

They fucking gave Joe the World Championship at an untelevised House Show only to book another fucking possible *** star at best match for Takeover

This is what happens when Wins/Losses don't matter in the WWE, the NXT main eventers are all getting immediently dumped on Raw without warning and Balor hasn't evolved character wise since Hideo Itami got injured

This has to be self sabotage from Vince wanting Hunter to bring in green as fuck stars from NXT, bury them within 6 months/year and then release them because they "didn't have what it took to survive in the big leagues."
>>
>>1298749
>They fucking gave Joe the World Championship at an untelevised House Show only to book another fucking possible *** star at best match for Takeover

I didn't understand why they did that, it only made sense if they were going to debut Balor. but we've seen too many Joe/Balor matches already I don't really want another one.
>>
>>1298736
They are. It's a filler ppv and it's tradition to put someone over on your way out
>>
>>1298693
>>1298726
>>1298749
Don't know if Balor will be coming in anytime soon; he's still working NXT dates.

It'll make Extreme Rules interesting, though. a) because I'm expecting a great match from AJ and Ramen. b) how AJ will be booked going forward. The two likely paths I see is maybe Balor does get called up and The Club feud happens. Or Styles continues to pursue Ramen
>I'm going to keep following you until I win that championship
And Seth injects himself into the feud making it a 3 way dance for the belt.
>>
>>1298781
>>1298786

Since Hunter is now head creative w/ William Regal as his new staff advisor now that Dusty has kicked the bucket its really beginning to show that Hunter is overprotecting the shit out of Finn.

Why else would Hunter have Finn and Joe win a fucking Tag-Team Tournament which should have been won by literally anyone else: Ciampa/Gargano, Revival, American Alpha
>>
>>1298788

He has to be. I once thought they were gonna send Zayn back to NXT after WrestleMania but his match with Nakamura was his last one.

Its gonna be the same with Balor he's getting one more match with Joe and its straight to Raw with him and from what I have been hearing Vince is basically gonna fucking consume a good 2/3 of the NXT roster and just send them over to Raw to with not even a year of prep

Vince is killing his roster by having too many stars and too much TV
>>
>>1298793
>too many stars
el o el
>>
>>1298789
He fell into the same trap Vince did. He built the entire brand around Balor and to a lesser extent Bayley. Now that they're on the way out he's going to be left with a huge headache replacing them because I highly doubt Nakamura sticks around down there for long.

It just goes to show NXT really isn't developmental. It's a third brand and is starting to run into the same problems as Raw.
>>
WWE needs to show more of that Kathy Kelly bitch. She is hot and give me an erection during the comercial breaks
>>
>>1298799
>It just goes to show NXT really isn't developmental. It's a third brand and is starting to run into the same problems as Raw.

That's the problem I see as well they're trying to be a brand somewhat. You can call up people when they're ready but not if you're worried about ticket sales and how many people watch the show on the network. If it truly is developmental they wouldn't give a shit about that kind of stuff but it seems like they do.
>>
>>1298809
That's the issue. Haitch is clearly worried about letting Balor and Bayley go because they're the biggest draws he has. Nakamura is apparently doing very well in that regard but one guy shouldn't be left to pick up the slack.
>>
>>1298809
I dont think they thought NXT would get as popular as it did. So now they are trying to juggle a minor league system but keep the money it brings in high.

They also had an insane run of guys coming in when you look at the last year or two of the talent they picked up in both the mens and womens side of things.

Now most of them have either been called up or kinda run their course and should be called up. The problem is they have not found enough people to take over for them at the top or guys they thought would be there have not developed as fast as they thought.

So now your getting NXTNA and other older guys that can wrestle and draw. But are kinda being shoehorned into the card and hurting the overall storytelling.
>>
>>1298835
>Now most of them have either been called up or kinda run their course and should be called up. The problem is they have not found enough people to take over for them at the top or guys they thought would be there have not developed as fast as they thought.

Yeah but I think that kind of has to happen organically and it's also a cycle you can't get guys to the top if you're constantly bringing in stars from other companies to be in a developmental system.

Other than the tag teams and some of the females they haven't gotten a locally produced star over so the main events are always guys they brought in. They can't have Tye Dillinger or The Drifter main event right now but if you keep bringing in top quality guys into your "developmental" brand they'll never be draws.

Hopefully they stop signing people soon.
>>
>>1298835
I just hope NXT can pull through. Fuck the memes, it's the best stuff WWE has put out in years.
>inb4 le full fail fatty memes
>>
>>1298797
>>1298799

And NXT already fails at being the 3rd brand. Just because their Takeovers are better shows then the main roster PPV's proves nothing when main roster stars arguably get paid more for being on Raw

This was Tyler Breeze's incentive to being accepted as a permanent jobber "DUDE LOOK AT ALL THIS MONEY I AM MAKING LOL XD I CAN BUY LIKE...THOUSANDS OF SELFIE STICKS!"
>>
>>1298852
>Just because their Takeovers are better shows then the main roster PPV's proves nothing when main roster stars arguably get paid more for being on Raw

They happen a lot less so you get better storytelling, also there's less matches and a hotter crowd. WWE could probably put on a comparable quality of a show but not when they have a month to do so and have to have dozens of people included.
>>
Honestly didn't watch anything after Styles and Roman. I do a playback and there's literally nothing in the 3rd hour. I won't be surprised if the 3rd hour has a real shit rating
>no reigns, styles, ambrose, KO, New Day
none of the guys that are over were in the 3rd hour. The show ended with Styles and Reigns as far as I'm concered. So this is an example of RAW going back to 2 hours.
>>
>>1298863

Maybe if they went back to the 4 PPV format or have like an "X" set of pre-determined stars at their "Specials" they could build these fuckers up

This is why people liked the IYH formula because you normally got to see main event matches you wouldn't normally see

Like Mankind vs Shawn Michaels which Michaels has admitted to being his Top 10 favorite matches of all time.
>>
>>1298869
I think they've caught on that the third hour is going to have shit ratings regardless of what happens in it.

It's just too long of a show, people aren't going to stick around for the final hour.
>>
>>1298869

Its amazing how normally the most over guys had the worst segments of the show. New Day/Ambrose/Jericho had the dumbest segments on the show that got ZERO reaction because fans wanted to see fights...not wrestling or talking.
>>
>>1298872
This. They don't care about third hour ratings. It's just there for the extra cash.
>>
>>1298872

Reigns/Styles is their #1 draw right now post Mania. No one really cares that much about Owens/Zayn since people don't think Owens has what it takes to be top heel right now.

Zayn is not even to the level of Daniel Bryan's overness yet
>>
>>1298684

>Last 2 cage matches at Extreme Rules between Rollins/Orton and Cena/Wyatt were the worst matches on the card.

That's because they're invariably overbooked. There's always some bullshit work-around to the cage actually keeping people the fuck out. And then that RKO Rule bullshit last year were dipshit Rollins broke his own fucking rule and exactly zero (0) of the retards in WWE even acknowledged it.
>>
>>1298876

Its gonna harm them in the long term if USA doesn't renew their contract
>>
>>1298878

It also didn't help that was also the year The Curbstomp got banned

Seth's whole fucking moveset is getting limited because "muh concussions."
>>
>>1298877
>Zayn is not even to the level of Daniel Bryan's overness yet

Doubt he ever will be, people like him but half of Bryan's appeal was he was fucked with for a few years and Sami is being treated fairly.

Have Sami lose at Mania in his first Mania singles match in like 20 seconds and he will get over.
>>
>>1298882

Bryan Alvarez put it best that Sami is the kind of guy who should go on a year long angle where his soul mission to finally win his first championship in the E sort of how Daniel Bryan spent literally all of 2013 and a portion of 2014 going after the WWE Championship

However the Authority angle doesn't have a stable anymore its literally just Hunter's midlife crisis and Stephanie "cunt" McMahon
>>
>>1298881
The curbstomp got banned because muh kiddies doing it at home but yeah, it's dumb. They're going to do that shit anyway.
>>
>>1298894

>Don't do this at home
>People listening to this

There was some fag from Alabama who actually hit his girlfriend with a Tombstone and broke her neck. Dude is spending life in prison and that woman is paralyzed for life.
>>
This was a good thread
>>
>>1298905
This board is immeasurably better without fucking dean mark spamming his shit memes everywhere or hatposters flooding the thread when they see an opinion they don't like. Enjoy the quiet moments while they last
>>
>>1298905

I'm shocked there wasn't a billion anti-dean marks bitching about the Time Machine and The Steel Cage segments.
>>
>>1298908

Raw was objectively bad worst Raw in awhile since after Mania and after Payback.

but /asp/ seems lazy tonight.
>>
>>1298909
I actually enjoyed the time machine a lot. Kofi makes me laugh
>>
>>1298914

Yeah but the crowd was silent for most of it

I did enjoy Kofi mentioning how 2009 was his best year which is funny because Orton ruined it for him for being a little bitch about it.
>>
That New Day segment was pure booty.
They're done.
>>
>>1298924

Kofi's one comment only makes sense to those who watched Raw in 2009
>>
>>1298749
Please have sex
>>
I have been saying this for a while.

3 hours Raw has basically killed itself and smackdown.

They made it 3 hours because ''muh commercials'', with the result that by the 3rd hour most people are tired and uninterested. Smackdown is basically a crappier copy of what's going on on Raw.

Seriously, kill the third hour and keep it at best for special occasions like it used to be.
>>
>>1298933

kys

>>1298931

Remember when people were hyped for 3 Hr Raws?
>>
>>1298928
Ha. When I started watching wrasslin' again a month or so ago I thought "Wasn't Kofi 'Jamaican'? When'd this happen".
>>
>>1298941

Triple H made the joke in 2010 "Aren't you Jamaican? What happened to your accent."

A script leaked like 2 weeks later where they cut out a line where Kofi was suppose to retort "Aren't you suppose to be British?" which is a rib on Hunter's old gimmick before he fucked Stephanie McMahon
>>
>>1298943
Bet Hunter canned it like the thin skinned bitch he is
>>
>>1298938
It was in hope that they would give more time to tell stories no just put random garbage just to fill time
>>
>>1298964

What stories? All the stories on Raw even before Raw went to 3 hrs were shit. Arguably the only good stories to exist on Raw were The Pipebomb and Daniel Bryan vs The Authority
>>
>>1298878
Seth did the SKO.
>>
>>1298990

That move is fucking terrible just give him the Phoenix Splash who cares?

There is no realistic way to see God's Last Gift in this century
>>
>>1298878
>>1298990

The RKO rule hardly hindered the quality of the match.
It was just a shit match.

>>1299001
>giving a Top Guy a flippy finisher he can't execute perfectly and consistently
>>
>>1298877
>No one really cares that much about Owens/Zayn

Zayn and Owens genuinely get some of the biggest consistent reactions.
I understand that you may not personally like it, but lets not ignore reality and make believe.
>>
>>1298632
I don't get why people say 3 hours is too long
first of all, it's not really 3 hours, if you don't watch it live and you watch it without all the ad breaks it's more like 2 hours and a half
but I would gladly watch 3 hours if it was interesting
the length is not the problem, it's just boring as shit
there is no reason to watch it for me
at best I'm gonna let it run in the background while I'm doing other shit
make an interesting show and I'll watch 10 hours of it
>>
haven't watched raw in a long time but had some free time and thought I'd check it out last night and holy fuck it's got so bad it's not even Raw anymore. idk what it is, the generic stage, the generic music, jbl and michael cole with their dead eyes looking like they're suffering from ptsd trying and failing to get this shit over every week, saxton essentially acting as the target audience who literally doesn't know what the fuck is going on at any given moment but smiles and eats it up at face value regardless, it's actually unbelievable. anybody who defends this show is a full blown fucking sperg and it sucks that i can't even watch men do flippy shit anymore because i can't in good faith support anything this bad.

the worst part is seeing people defend this shit on reddit with quotes like fandango is finally a legit heel and wow the vaudevillians really got some old school heat by pushing over that cardboard box. i don't know what the fuck this is. i don't know what fucking happened. I'm used to wrestling being bad sometimes but this is just ridiculous. i miss my fun timesink and I'm sad without it.
>>
>>1301681
OLD MAN YELLS AT CLOUD

>jbl and michael cole with their dead eyes looking like they're suffering from ptsd

Considering they've had to listen to Vince screaming into their headsets for years (decades in the case of MAGGLE) if all they've got is PTSD they've gotten off light.
>>
Anybody notice Michael Cole calling one of the Epico/Primo jobbers "Mr Kennedy"?
>>
How do you think HHH feels when Vince buries his NXT talent? Do you think that he just smiles and nods his head?
>>
>>1298749
Ya vince is fucking retarded he seemingly hates every Nxt star that has come out. Top ones only sniff the Intercontinental belt. Some like Bo Dallas come in red hot no storyline just matches with no story then vince decides he doesnt work and now youre a jobber congrats. Youll be lucky to finish your contract. Ive said it 10 times ill say it again until the WWE starts making storylines for every match beyond MEH I DONT LIKE YOU MUH TITLE WEEOOOW MY TURN. The ratings will continue to be shit.
>>
>>1301780
Vince hates everything besides his Chosen 1s.
>>
>>1301780
bo dallas red hot ok
>>
>>1301795
He had just finished an entire storyline and came in and won 10 straight. He got fed jobbers with no story and no one in the crowd new him well. One day vince decided fuck trying to do that work hes a jobber now.
>>
>>1301795
His streak was getting solidly over before WWE squandered it.
>>
>>1301798
Is Bo Dallas the new Damien Sandow where you take a guy that was lucky to have a midcard job making a lot of money and complain that he should have had more despite the fact that there are numerous more talented guys doing better things than him on the roster? Just be glad he has a job and tune in when you know he's featured because that is all there is for him.
>>
>>1301714
His ego gets a bit bruised but I bet he doesn't much care. None of his real favourites have been buried yet.
>>
>>1301821
Hi newfriend.

A few years back Dallas was getting the hype (interviews from big stars putting him over, etc.) that Reigns is now, because a few decision makers thought he was the next big thing.

(Also he's infinitely better than the present WWE Champ.)
>>
>>1301821
Dear leddit reader and new friend maybe consider you shouldnt kill your talent and make them midcarders when they get traction. The reason WWE has no stars outside of BMJ and Lesnar is this reasoning all together. When someone is building with the crowd give them a story and a shot at something and go from there. Dont immediately dump them to low end jobber because they werent Stone cold less than a year into the job.
>>
>>1301932
If this argument was about Bray Wyatt sure but his brother is a chubby mongrel get over it
>>
>>1301934
Its about both. Its everyone in this position that gets buried.
>>
>>1301558
>boring as shit
Alot of the boring parts could easily be taken away if they didn't have to fill up the extra hour with whatever they can.
It's an extra 4 hours a month to deal with, I'm surprised they've had this formula for so long without imploding.
>>
>>1302037
but all of it is boring
if they take out all the boring parts there is nothing left
>>
>>1302044
Good. Then I'd be free.
>>
>>1301934
You seem like the thinking type.
>>
>>1302044
Better to have less shit than more, and it's not ALL boring. If it is to you then there is literally no reason for you to watch.
>>
>>1302053
>Better to have less shit than more
which lets me come back to what I said, it's not the length of the show, it's the quality
>and it's not ALL boring
name one interesting thing from this year
>If it is to you then there is literally no reason for you to watch.
I don't
>>
>>1302056
>name one interesting thing from this year

AJ Styles when he's not being wasted on chumps way below his level?
>>
>>1302056
Shane taking out taker with an elbow drop on the table. New day segments (not all) and anything with Lesnar.
>>
>>1302065
no
>>1302070
>Shane taking out taker with an elbow drop on the table
way overrated
>New gay
kek
>Lesnar
bork got extremely boring to watch
all his matches are the same
>>
>>1302070
>Lesnar
>interesting

Suplex City has become a self-parody.
>>
>>1302074
> New Gay

Clearly yours is a viewpoint worth taking seriously.
>>
>>1302056
How do you know it's boring if you don't watch at all, checking results online ?
>>
>>1302077
more than the viewpoint of someone who finds anything from new gay interesting or funny
>>
>>1302085
I don't watch anymore, I did watch some things occasionally
>>
>>1302074
>overrated elbow drop
Yeah it is, but it was interesting which was my point. i. e not boring
Bork doesn't have matches on raw so his matches aren't the point. He brings a lot of interest with Heyman during their segments.
If you don't like the new day then fair enough.
>>
The New Day segment was just for TV, nobody in the crowd could see thru the fucking refrigerator box and they didn't show it on the jumbotron either. I thought it was funny watching it back on Hulu but the live audience couldn't see or hear it.
>>
>>1298914
>>1298916
Remember when he was Jamaican?
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.