[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Is this the greatest heel promo of all-time? https://www.yo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 1

File: Shawn Michaels.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Shawn Michaels.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
Is this the greatest heel promo of all-time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgW2G5QoHFY
>>
>>1291882
No. He didn't have to try at all. He got heat just by existing because of something he'd done in real life.
>>
Shitting on the crowd is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to heel promos. It'll get you some cheap heat but you don't need any creativity or mic skills to pull it off.

What Ted DiBiase and Jake Roberts did as heels was far more impressive.
>>
>>1291927
How many big money main events did those guys have though
>>
>>1291889
Doesn't your mere existence causing massive heat make you the GOAT?
>>
>>1292081
Not in Canada
>>
>>1291882
Canadians will say no because they're still COVERED in salt after this.

Otherwise yes. Yes it is.
>>
>>1291932
none because they worked in the era of hoganwinslol
>>
>>1292103
>making excuses for them not being as good as you think
>>
>>1292103
but this promo was apart of hoganwinslol
>>
>>1292263
this. dibiase and jake were drunks who lost focus

>>1292316
i guess, but hogan lost sight of the money potential he had in trading wins with HBK. They were the 2 best performers of the 90s after all.
>>
>>1292332
>The Rock
>Austin
>Bret Hart
>Worse than Hogan
>>
>>1292338
fuck are you talking about, i didn't say anything about those guys

but you're right, they are worst in the grand scheme of things. hogan made wrestling.
>>
>>1292263
No excuses need to be made because whether or not they had a lot of big money matches is fucking irrelevant to how good their promos and skill as heels were.

Triple H has been in more big money matches than Kurt Angle so I guess that means Angle isn't actually that good of a technical wrestler. Or it's just as meaningless of a point.

Like fuck I'm talking about Ted DiBiase and Jake Roberts, not exactly making some bold claims about some nobodies here.
>>
>>1292332
When did they ever lose focus? Roberts was a wordsmith on the mic.
>>
>>1291882
Shawn used everything in his arsenal, including a personal history with the city, to create the best heel promo of all time.

Anyone who disagrees is Canadian. Saying it's not the best heel promo because part of it is real is like saying Vince was a shitty heel in the attitude era because he actually screwed Bret.

Using the resources you have available to you is not cheating.
>>
>>1292342
Austin saved WWF. Hogan has literally never put on a better match than 5/10
>>
>>1292372
Hogan could shit out a 3/10 match in 1988 that did better business than any match that Austin ever had.
>>
>>1292342
>>1292332
I agree with you that hogan made wrestling but
> hogan was the best performer because he made the most money
Lolno, it doesnt work like that.
He sucked as a performer
Im guessing english isnt your first language

Also
> 90s HBGay
> best at performing anything except fellatio on Vince
>>
>>1292387
Have sex
>>
>>1292387
it does work like that though, faggot.

the same reason why Vince chose HBK over Wet Shart in late 1997. Shawn was drawing more money.
>>
>>1292375
Austin shattered every single business record the WWF ever had.
>>
>>1292387
>>1292391

You two are ignoring the fact that Austin made more money.
>>
>>1292391
18+ goy
That is a complete and utter lie, Shawn is the literal worst drawing champion of all time bar none, ratings wise and buy rate wise
>>
>>1292387
Shawn didn't draw but he still put on amazing matches with Hart and Taker for example
>>
>>1291882

This
>>1291889

Plus he is just mocking their national anthem, of course he would get heat.

If Shawn or anyone else did that in countries like Mexico (dis their flag, national anthem etc.) they would get KILLER heat. As in they may just get killed no matter what.

Either way, Montreal still has a hard-on for HBK after he helped screw their beloved (and only) Canadian wrestling icon, Bret Hart.
>>
>>1292397
Then why did Vince choose Shawn to beat Bret twice??

>>1292392
Per year maybe, but Hogan had 7 years on top. Austin had one and a half.
>>
>>1292406
Shawn didnt draw for shit, literally everyone knows this you dumb pajeet.

He went with Shawn because they were lovers.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TMezkmjVpys
>>
>>1292414
He went with Shawn because he drew more money for the company. The sooner Bretcuck comes to terms with this the better.
>>
>>1291882
Only thing comparable today is roman
>>
>>1292406
I guess Triple H won all those titles because he's such a huge draw too
>>
>>1292417
He went with Shawn because Bret wouldnt suck his dick. The sooner HBGaylords come to terms with this the better.
>>
>>1292406
So you're saying it only took Austin 1 year to break 7 years' worth of Hogan's records?

> Then why did Vince choose Shawn to beat Bret twice??

Are you implying that Vince only pushes guys who draw?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H47ow4_Cmk0
>>
>>1292406
>One and a half

Austin was on top for far longer than that

You can't even get the basic facts right
>>
>>1292428
He went with Shawn because he drew more money than Bret.
>>
>>1292439
Complete and utter lie

Post proof now goy, you cant because there isnt any
>>
>>1292447
The proof is in the pudding.

Vince went with Shawn because he was the guy. He was the guy who drew. He was the guy who drew more money than Bret.
>>
>>1292447
Eat a dick manlet. Bret will never sleep with you
>>
>>1292464
>Vince went with Warrior because he was THE Guy
>Vince went with Luger because he was THE Guy
>Vince went with Diesel because he was THE Guy
>>
>>1292532
You just listed 3 guys who didn't have the staying power that Shawn did.

I'm perplexed as to what your point might be.
>>
>>1292545
I just wanna gargle Bret's balls desu
>>
>>1292546
fair enough. Bret gargled Shawn's for so long might as well return the favor?
>>
>>1292545
Shawn was only "THE" Guy for 2 years at most. And he spent the better part of 1 of them not as champ.
>>
>>1292549
That's more than anyone you listed so I'm not certain what your objection is.
>>
>>1292556
My point is that Vince doesn't pick guys based on their drawing power and he certainly isn't infallible.
>>
>>1292566
My point is, he does.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree since the burden of proof is technically on you?
>>
>>1292569
> Vince picks guys based on their drawing power and never makes a wrong decision

Literally the current WWE Champ.

Wow, that was hard.
>>
>>1292571
Roman sells tickets and merch and is built like a brick shithouse


Next time make sure the guys you're shitposting on behalf of are cut like Romey.
>>
>>1292545
> staying power shawn did
El oh el
Shawn's first run as champ was so shit he literally couldnt even sell out his hometown. Let that sink into your head
HE LITERALLY COULDNT SELL OUT SAN ANTONIO

Shawn was so bad as champ that the second Bret took time off the ratings fell to their record alltime low that still stands to this day
RECORD ALL TIME LOW

Shawn was The Guy for a few months and was fucking dismal

Bret sold out more in america than shawn and he was a fucking canadian
>>
>>1292576
He can't even sell more tickets than Orton vs. Sheamus

> padded chest protector

SO cut.
>>
>>1292587
Shawn as Champ sold out MSG. Bret never did that as champ.
>>
Vince's life sucks and then you die promo
>>
>>1291882
Saying "screw" every five words does not make a good promo.
>>
>>1292599
Ive been looking for a source on that since you said it last time, please help

> couldnt even sell out his hometown
Fucking pitiful
>>
>>1292599
Because they wanted to see Sid kill him
>>
>>1292652
Remember the Kliq curtain call? That was the biggest crowd in MSG since Hogan was champ. They didn't exceed that until 2 years later.
>>
>>1292599
So i eventually found it
> The top billed match at the MSG show saw Bret Hart & Undertaker defeat Diesel & Shawn Michaels

Lol
> can only draw along with bigger stars

Thats why the ratings hit record alltime rock-bottom when Bret went on hiatus
>>
>>1292680
El oh el
>>
>>1292680
That's why Vince chose Shawn over Bret
>>
The Rock's concert in Sacramento was quite good as well as a heel promo. You can clearly see Austin trying his hardest to not bursts out laughing.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 1


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.