[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Actual opinion of this man without memes or ganging up on other users?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (90KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 600x400px
Actual opinion of this man without memes or ganging up on other users?
>>
He's boring and I will never be into him until they stop the superman booking.
>>
he's good looking and a decent wrestler, but is best in a silent badass role which isn't acceptable for the face of the company
>>
>>1289178
I don't like him, he is very bland and boring. Has yet to lose clean just makes it the worst. Even Cena had lost clean
>>
File: image.jpg (153KB, 1000x771px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153KB, 1000x771px
>>1289185
>implying
>>
dull AF, but I can get why Vince wants to push him. He has a marketable, modern look.
>>
>>1289178
Very, VERY boring overall when he's not playing the "silent badass" character, it makes no sense having him as face of the company when even skeltal ambrose could do a better job, and he's getting as much low ratings as Roman being in the ME
>>
Remember when everyone on /wwe/ used to hype up Swagger in a meme sorta way?

I miss when you guys did that with mid-card losers.
>>
He wrestles good matches, but him needing to take a nap in the middle of most of them is grating. Boring on the mic, but there's spots of potential there.

The most potential I've seen out of Reigns is when he's being a smug dick or when he looks like he's about to absolutely fucking lose it on somebody (on Raw this week when he almost beat the shit out of Anderson and Gallows with a steel chair and you see that crazy look in his eyes? That shit is dynamite.). I feel like he'd make an incredibly entertaining Monster Heel.

Whatever they do, this not a good guy, not a bad guy, just THE GUY shit isn't working and the MUH FAMILY angle is pretty boring too. They gotta find something else to do with him and quick.
>>
>>1289178
Below average wwe superstar, being pushed 2 years before he's ready.
>>
Just not entertaining, which is something you need if you're the face of wwe
>>
>>1289178
sufferin succotash
>>
Boring
>on mic
>in ring
>character
>in the shield
>title reign
>feuds
>attire
>theme
>gimmick
>name
Basically boring.
>>
>>1289178
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlqXWMYPvyo
>>
heeeeeere goes the roooooomaaan
heeeeeeere goes the reigns
>>
I just think he's fucking boring as shit. People always say he has great matches but I'm constantly bored by them. He's boring on the mic, his moveset is boring, his movements and gestures in the ring are boring, his character is boring, he seems like he's boring irl, he's just fucking boring. I can not for the life of me understand why he's getting the push he is, I understand that he has a great look but surely WWE realizes that he just doesn't have the talent or charisma to fill in the gaping hole that is the rest of him.
>>
I honestly feel like he has a learning disability.
>>
>>1289646

That's why he can wrestler as much as fucking Usos. Same old BS. Matches are always same. At least Ultimate Warrior could've make people piss their pants because he was over as fuck and he didn't even like wrestling.
>>
>>1289178
WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM
>>
>>1289178
All his big PPV matches has been great, but he needs to work on his mic skills
>>
>>1289659

LOL have people with way more experience than him in wrestling and in ring to make him over. Still, he can't.

After 5minutes he needs to be thrown out ring 'cause he has low stamina.
>>
His gimmick should be tweaked a bit to where he doesn't need to talk much,mmaybe make him heel, and lower his power level just a bit. Besides that he's alright for what he does.
>>
Honest opinion of Roman:

>good looking (instantly over with women fans)
>pretty good body size
>atrocious on the mic
>doesn't seem to be able to shrug off boos like Cena
>moveset is very PG and limited
>not very good at selling
>gets tired easily
>has to be carried in matches with experienced workers
>overall boring, doesn't bring anything refreshing to the table
>gimmick is almost non-existent
>>
>>1289178
I feel like they should have done a Benoit
"Silent but Violent".
Not exactly like Benonit, just have him say something that seems meaningful and have him back it up. I would also recommend improv classes.
>>
File: tumblr_o6k9wqeAGe1sbzhteo1_500.gif (2MB, 405x270px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6k9wqeAGe1sbzhteo1_500.gif
2MB, 405x270px
>>1289178

Ups:
One of the best looks in years
Awesome physical presence in the ring
Great combination of power and speed in athleticism
Very underappreciated seller
Has some killer moves (His tilt/whirl slam is fucking beautiful) and legitimately monstrous looking punches and lariats
Ring work is already very very good, and getting better all the time
Has a greater depth of moves than many people realise, just gets booked to not use them
Ring timing is absolutely flawless, this is really subtle to notice, but he is always where he needs to be in the ring, never too early, never too late

Cons:
Clearly not meant for long term mic work, his "Hell in a Cell" declaration promo with only 4 words was simultaneously his shortest and yet most impactful one yet
Has the worst fucking booking team behind him holding him back
Was pushed long before he was ready. He's ready NOW (mic aside) but the start of it was way too early
Sometimes oversells for opponents he really shouldn't be selling that much for, possibly just trying to be a nice guy and put them over, but thats just life

But most of all, he direly needs a music change. The attire is JUST different enough from Shield era that I can accept it, but the music and the Shield symbol need to fucking GO.

Give him back his NXT theme, that suits him perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjGJEujkQzU
>>
>>1289890
Faggot fanboy
>>
>>1289178
Don't care if WWE want to make him the main guy going forward, but stop pushing him like Cena and more like Batista
>>
>>1289178
Him being booed is the thing I look forward to the most every week
>>
File: fellowkids.jpg (70KB, 960x547px) Image search: [Google]
fellowkids.jpg
70KB, 960x547px
My real problem with Roman is that he have NO charisma. Its simple, look Dbry or Cena in the ring, they look happy of just being there, look any interview he already made, he sounds too artificial trying to be badass.
And no he is not fucking over and as a face will never be over as a face, the only way I see him being over and become a real superstar is if they made him the new Paul Heyman guy, let him kill lesnar and let Paul manage him, but WWE dont have the balls to pull the trigger
>>
File: roman title.jpg (51KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
roman title.jpg
51KB, 800x450px
>>1289908
>My real problem with Roman is that he have NO charisma. Its simple, look Dbry or Cena in the ring, they look happy of just being there
desu Roman smiling is very weird

He's better off not smiling because he just looks like a goofball otherwise

Dbry had the sort of smile that was contagious, roman doesn't but it's not his fault
>>
>>1289921
And thats why I dont like him, he dont look like a hero, he screams drugdealer bodyguard for me
>>
>>1289890
I pretty much agree with all of this this.

>>1289908
I would so love for him to be a PAUL HEYMAN GUY because it would mean less Roman on the mic and more Paul Heyman.

But I don't see why Heyman can't manage both Lesnar and Roman, desu.
>>
>>1289178
Can't stand him. I've tried very hard to do so for many years. He's garbage.
>>
he's john cena with anything remotely interesting stripped away. Boring, unskilled but has "The look" so Vince loves him
>>
>>1289178
Honest opinion, no memeing?
I dunno. I guess I'm just indifferent.
I find the booing hilarious and all that.
He's not horrible but the way they're pushing his is pretty shit, especially because they know that we know that they know.
I think he's more likeable as the underdog getting his ass kicked valiantly, like against Lesnar.
Over all he's meh, and his body armor kayfabe-wise seems totally fucking stupid and unfair.
>>
>>1289178
In the ring he's alright. Don't like his finishers though. The "invincible babyface" thing is a bit tired to, not really Roman's fault.

It ends up being more interesting to watch the crowd boo him.
>>
>>1289178
He should be where Sheamus is desu, good talent that lacks something.
>>
I don't like the whole "push him weather people like him or not" thing but I don't hate him as a person. Just a couple suggestions for the future,
>1. Bigger move set
>2. More power moves. If there's trouble, do more strength training.
>3. Cardio. build up that stamina ASAP.
>>
>>1290211
That would imply he hasn't already peaked at mediocrity in those fields.
>>
>>1290085
Meme as a verb is newfaggy.

It's always been meme-spouting.

Not to complain about your use in particular since newfag vermin has infested this website for years.

But otherwise you sound like a neckbearded smark, and also meh is not an adjective either (that may be worse than meme as a verb).
>>
There are parts I like about him: He's got a great face, looks like a monster and looks really, really strong.

But heres the problem with him. They aren't using any of that(outside of his look). They always book it as if he's the underdog. He's not. He's the overdog. He's probably the most natural heel i've ever fucking seen in my life. He's from a well connected wrestling family, talks best when he's an asshole, he looks like a complete monster, his anger gimmick is second only to Randy Orton.

Like he should've turned heel and turned face by now. Like after he got the belt on raw last year he should've gone full heel. But instead they kept the '1 vs all' despite it making absolutely no sense in universe. The guy has two family members on the roster. He's friends with dean FUCKING ambrose. He always seems to have friends available.

Thats what I like about the build up for Extreme Rules. They're tapping into the fact that he's got anger issues - IE beating up AJ Styles after he saw them decide not to attack him. That he's really, really strong. That he looks like a monster.

Hopefully the match is booked well. if its spear 1 2 3 again ima be pissed.
>>
>>1290245
>and looks really, really strong.

...until you see him titanically struggle to lift up Tyler Breeze

>Hopefully the match is booked well. if its spear 1 2 3 again ima be pissed.

lel
>>
>>1290236
You know what's even worse?

Using the terms mark or smark for anything other than what they actually mean.
>>
>>1289178
mediocre in the ring
terrible on the mic
moveset is too limited
not enough charisma

now for things that aren't his fault

too strong for no reason, at least brock beat the streak before they went full crazy with him.
forced to talk a lot instead when he is clearly bad at it.
pushed too hard.
>>
>>1290264
>Force insider terms into everyday internet use

>Then accuse people of misusing them whenever they disagree

How convenient of smarks.
>>
>>1289447
He gets carried in good matches you mean
>>
They should triple his mic time, he would be so good comedy character. Baleeb dat
>>
>>1289890
>Great combination of power and speed in athleticism
Except he does not have any of that.
>>
>>1289178
You want a serious, no bullshit opinion?
>Boring, unoriginal matches
>He can barely talk, making his promos come off as both awkward and uninteresting
>His look is generic
That's the problems I have with him personally, but don't mind the guy aside. All of this could be fixed if Vince wasn't a micro-managing cunt with no good ideas, creative could write a cohesive narrative, and they weren't afraid to turn him heel.
>>
Worst member of the Shield,
below average on the mic,
average in the ring,
worst world champion since Diesel
>>
He's a good enforcer character, has a great look, decent in-ring work, never seen anyone say a bad word about him as a person so I'm assuming he's a nice enough guy.
Unfortunately, all of that is overshadowed by the 'MUH FAMILY' bullshit, the lack of charisma and maybe worst of all the push that made everyone resent him being on screen. I don't think people are wrong for booing him, because he's presented in such a hamfisted way that it just feels natural. Don't particularly think he deserves to be champion, but it's not like these things can't be solved if creative had a bit of common sense.
>>
>>1290488
Diesel tore both quads and managed to be part of two successful factions, didn't he? Reigns hasn't even managed a quad, or been in a faction with a respected legend. Hell, Randy Orton got to be in a faction with Ric Flair and puts on rating-killer matches.
>>
>>1289178
He sucks in almost every way other than his look. His relentless push is what ultimately made me give up on wwe and finally stop watching. Once you are free of WWE life is just so much better, its amazing.
>>
>>1289178

>looks so bad he can't take off his shirt like that ugly fat kid in the pool who's embarrassed of his fat man boobs

>literally autistic on the mic

>so bad at wrestling that he uses the spear and superman punch as finishers and does nothing else but look stiff as fuck

>smug attitude while being one of the worst wrestlers on the roster but booked as a face

I don't like him almost as much as I don't understand what they are doing with him. He's so poorly handled that it feels like a meta heel and makes so little sense they have to say "he's just the guy". It would be like paying for a movie and when it is a blank screen for 2 hours and you're furious, they just say "Exactly!"

People are going to respond by watching something else.
>>
>>1290485
Everybody says this about Reigns as if good booking would somehow mean he isn't a shit worker & promo.

The guy is just a bad performer in general.
>>
>>1290493
Diesel is a part of two successful factions in the same way that Ringo Starr was part of The Beatles
>>
>>1290800
Yeah, but, so are/were a lot of other guys. I'm not saying better booking would perform a miracle on the guy, but it would at least make him a bit more tolerable.
>>1290807
So yes?
>>
>>1292261
I'm honestly trying to think of a worse overall performer than Reigns that WWE has given a long-term main event push to and drawing a blank.

> not understanding The Beatles analogy
>>
>>1289178
Good body, average WWE workrate, boring as a tweener "bad ass".

Should have been in the hunt for IC title--have him work with the Owens/Zayns/Jericho-s of the promotion to give him a leg up in in-ring work and time to find a gimmick that could actually endear him to the audience as a whole.
>>
>>1289207
>Very, VERY boring overall when he's not playing the "silent badass" character
This.
>>
>>1292341
>average WWE workrate

I'm not sure you know how averages work.

>good body

kek
>>
>>1289178

In the grand scheme of things he's a great athletic talent by pro wrestling standards, and above average wrestler, but on WWE's particularly talented roster, his work rate or athleticism doesn't stand out, and Creative is writing him as the most generic douche on the planet.

Couple that with the strongest push since Hogan, and there's no wonder why people have just stopped caring and tuned out.

I feel like half of the spastic, autism contrarian retards on this board could book it so Roman is more over than Vince has currently managed.
>>
>>1292412
>In the grand scheme of things he's a great athletic talent by pro wrestling standards, and above average wrestler,

You need to watch more wrestling.
>>
>>1289178
Roman, unfortunately, is
>bad on the mic
>boring with his moveset
>pushed too hard by the company as its face

However, fortunately...
>he has the look
>he can take the bumps
>he would be better off heel

I don't hate Roman per se, but the more he talks out of the kayfabe the more I dislike him. He really doesn't seem to understand wrestling or wrestling fans, and denigrates the latter. That if anything is the thing I hate the most about him.
>>
hes great and puts on great ppv matches consistently. but he is very boring on the mic and speaks like hes asleep
>>
>>1292456
You should see him talk at house shows... dude is literally Rock 2.0 ...sadly WWE doesn't realise they must leave the dude be himself
>>
>>1292434

YOU need to watch more wrestling. I've seen two skinnyfat retards struggle to break a gimmicked table.
>>
>>1292449
When the fuck does Ramen ever bump? He's super-protected even in that way.

>>1292492
> comparing WWE's top guy to yardtards

Why did you think this was in any way a good idea?
>>
File: kofan2.png (341KB, 324x476px) Image search: [Google]
kofan2.png
341KB, 324x476px
>>1292518
>When the fuck does Ramen ever bump?

roman haters summarized in one sentence. fucking literally retarded morons
>>
>>1292544
So...no counter-point then?
>>
I mean, if they actually want him as THE guy, they should give him something to connect with fans.

Austin had his trademark middle finger when he entered the ring. Rock had one arm high on the turnbuckle. Bryan had YES chants with arm movement. etc

Roman has what? Cocking dis here fist? OOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH?
>>
>>1292518

>comparing WWE's top guy to yardtards

Hence the GRAND scheme of things. These weren't even yard tards, it was some shitshow micro-indy abortion. The "wrestlers" themselves may have been former yard tards, but this was in a building with a ring and shit.

If you limit it to wrestling is the Big Three that get discussed here (NJPW, WWE, LU), he's still arguably above average in total athleticism, because athleticism is more than how many pointless flips you can do.

He's, AT BEST, an average ring worker among those promotions though.
>>
>>1292559

>Cocking dis here fist?

That is the STUPIDEST shit and needs to stop. There's actually a pop when he OUTTA NOWHEREs someone with the Superman Punch. When he precedes it with that retard fist cocking, you can FEEL the crowd stop giving a fuck.
>>
>>1293404
>If you limit it to wrestling is the Big Three that get discussed here (NJPW, WWE, LU), he's still arguably above average in total athleticism, because athleticism is more than how many pointless flips you can do.

Somehow you manage to be delusional while arguing with a strawman of your own creation. Impressive, but also rather frightening.

> above-average athleticism
> gassed out in under 2 mins
>>
>>1292518
>When the fuck does Ramen ever bump?
All the time..?
His TLC match with Sheamus was actually damn good compared to the rest, excluding the 6 man tag match that stole the event.

I get not liking Roman, but when you don't give credit where it's due it makes you look like sashafag
>>
>>1289178

He's the Lex Luger of our generation.
>>
I don't feel like he's anything they say he is, and he's not all that interesting to watch. They spend most of the match trying to get heat going in the other guy's favor, but instead they get cheered for kicking him shitless.

His promos are the worst offender of being boring, hell, I can't watch RAW live anymore, I watch it on something else or record it and skip through his promos. Maggle can sum up everything he said later for all I care.

I don't have a reason to care about him, 'he's the champ'. So was Miz, at least Cena showed a real pride in the belt, it looks like Roman just wants to drag it along the ground, and hell, imagine the heat if he did.

Everyone else on the roster who anyone likes has a reason to care about them:
>AJ
Huge elsewhere, conflict with past allies, and cool moveset.
>Sami
Underdogs are fun to watch, simple as that
>KO+Miz+Jericho
He just looks so punchable and smug, you want to see someone get to him
>Lazer
Paul provides half the fun, and Brock beats people up whilst making the rest of the roster look like turbo manlets.
>Enzo+Cass
Enzo's got a mouth and Cass backs him up with size
>Bray
Motherfucker's creepy as shit, gotta give him that
>Cena
His matches are fantastic work, he talks a good game, and he's pretty much superman in WWE. I don't like to see him on top all the time, but the US open challenge was the best thing that's ever happened to that belt.
>>
>>1289178
this would get you banned on /wooo/

lekta dont play around
>>
>>1294487
more like stone cold
>>
>>1294487
Luger never got the belt or a true push.

Reigns is literally a cheap knockoff of Diesel.
>>
>>1289194

batista was never the top face and he had better mic skills than roman as a face, he was way better as a heel
>>
>>1294648
> Batista won the Royal Rumble and beat HHH for the WHC in the main event of WrestleMania

How is that NOT top babyface?
>>
>>1294649

because he didn't have the charisma to do it and was moved to smackdown the same year in favor of BMJ.
>>
>>1294651
> Vince cares about how "charismatic" his top faces are

Look at the fucking OP image

Batista was charismatic as fuck in his prime. 18+
>>
>>1294653

>charisma = mic skills
>batista's prime was 2005

18+
>>
>>1294655
I never said either of those, dummy. Stop arguing with yourself.
>>
File: 1438140580409.jpg (49KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1438140580409.jpg
49KB, 400x400px
>>1292544
so where is your argument, he doesn't bump ,where is your proof he does?
>>
>>1292335
Luger?
>>
>>1289178
Average wrestler, very sub-average speaker.

>>1289211
Swagger is honestly bad, though.
>>
>>1289447
>but him needing to take a nap in the middle of most of them is grating
It amazes me how people can ever defend that.
>RR 2014 he took a nap in the corner for most of it
>RR 2015 which was MARKETED as him vs all, he not only was given a rest BUT WALKED OUT WILLINGLY
>The infamous 'Roman's sleeping' during a tag match with Dean
>AJ vs Roman, the times Shane and Steph came out were to give Roman breathers
There were probably some I am forgetting, but those were the worst ones
>>
>>1299539
>>The infamous 'Roman's sleeping' during a tag match with Dean

Question, is that also the match that ended with Dean hitting HIS finisher, then tagging in Roman for the spear, anyway?
If so, poor fucking Dean.
>>
>>1299541
I think so?
I believe it was the PPV before NoC last year
>>
>>1299539
>forgetting
Bryan forced to shake his hand and tell the world how much better Raymond is
>>
>>1289178
seanigger
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.