[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No seriously let's be honest here. I mean seriously brother!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

File: best hogan.jpg (57KB, 970x646px) Image search: [Google]
best hogan.jpg
57KB, 970x646px
How could this man not be in every person's top ten wrestlers of all time? Let us consider just how great he was if we eliminate wrestling ability. Which btw he had plenty of decent matches anyways if you follow his whole career.

>absolute icon/franchise player of 80's wrestling (nobody can deny he was the most popular of the decade)
>Completely reinvents himself as the biggest heel (wrestler, as in McMahon doesn't count here) in the 90's
>arguably got even better as an overall performer once he went heel
>was voted a couple years ago by WWE universe itself as the greatest WWE heavyweight champion of all time
>he was so damn good as Hollywood Hulk Hogan that at Wrestlemania, they literally cheered him over WWE main guy The Rock in their match
>he is now even trying to forever crush the assholes at gawker for good
>had some of the GOAT wrestling themes

What exactly is there to hate about this based man unless you are a smart ass that reads too much stupid ass dirt sheets? Who cares about who the man Hulk Hogan is? He hasn't Benoit'd anybody yet. As far as I am concerned this man is the GOAT and he didn't just do it as a face but also as a heel.

Hollywood > Hulk
>implying you didn't get excited every time when you heard Voodoo Child and the Huckster came out with NWO said randomly through out the song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZBlqcbpmxY

>FYI
Stone Cold didn't want to face Hogan because he saw what happened when Hogan faced Rock and Shawn. Most fans cheered for Hogan over both.
>>
Literally who?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>1264247
The man who literally sold us on the yapapi indian strap match on his promo alone.
>>
>>1264244
Stone Cold didn't want to face Hogan because he was overrated slow piece of hot dog flesh that had five moves. He always strived to get himself over no matter how fucking out of touch or old he was. Literally all he had was 8/10 charisma which got him over in the 80s cuz 'MURICA LUH MAO XDDD!!! Have you seen the entirety of his match wih Andre at WM III? It's so slow, I'd rather watch beavers fuck. It wasn't even the first time he bodyslammed Andre so the whole moment loses its fucking meaning. The only thing good he's done is dominate the cucks at Gawker and he was long retired from a wrestling ring when that happened.

>tl ; dr
Most overrated wrestler of all time
>>
Rock was never the main WWE guy, Austin was
>>
A.) Hogan sucks and always has, charisma doesn't mask a lack of skill
B.) Ego killed WCW and wrecked TNA worse than it already was
C.) Finger Poke of Doom
>>
>>1264277
butt hurt as fuck kekekeke
>>
>>1264282
Rock was the main guy during the fifteen hiatuses Stone Cold took. That's cause The Rock wasn't a faggot with a broken neck.
>>
>>1264285
Wow that retort does not invalidate my argument whatsoever
>>
>>1264244
Hes #1 easy
>>
If it weren't for hogan wrasslin would either still be a regional/backyard novelty or outright dead in the US, and have an even smaller presence globally. Hate him if you want, but every wrestler in the wwe should offer him a thank you rim job because they wouldn't have a job if he hadn't paved the path for them.
>>
He's in my top 5. People are underage and don't know what they are taking about here
>>
>>1264277
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/278287-results-of-last-nights-night-of-champions-qgreatest-champions-of-all-timeq-polls

>Hulk Hogan – 55%
>"Stone Cold" Steve Austin – 16%

REKT
>>
>>1264321
>greatest tag team champions
>degeneration x

There is no face that could ever hope to accurately convey the disappointment I feel in this result.
>>
>One of the best wrestlers of all time
>If we ignore wrestling ability
>>
>>1264331
Can't claim nostalgia faggotry either otherwise only the oldest wrestlers would have won in each category. Hogan was just that damn good. He deserved to BTFO everyone else in that poll.
>>
The only reason you like him is because he said nigger

Pro tip: not even a real American. He's half Canadian half Panamanian.

Eat shit. Hogan sucks
>>
>if we eliminate wrestling ability

or we could, I dunno, not eliminate it
>>
>>1264365
Wrestling ability is overrated. I hear people say Cold Cobana is a great wrestler but is he really? Only a fringe amount even know that name. You don't have to wrestle like your name is Bret Hart in order to be an all time great. Very few wrestlers ever truly had it all.

>looks
>ability
>size
>promo
>theme
>overall career

It's a very short list that truly ever had it all. The only people that constantly bitch about "muh wrasslin ability" must be largely underagers. There used to be a time when "ability" didn't mean do 100 flips in a match and no sell.
>>
>>1264375
Anyone that doesnt rate the ability to put on great matches over everything else is a woman that should stick to watching total divas
>>
File: winking Raven .gif (691KB, 185x200px) Image search: [Google]
winking Raven .gif
691KB, 185x200px
>>1264244
>Let us consider just how great he was if we eliminate wrestling ability.
>>
>>1264379
>Anyone that doesnt rate the ability to put on great matches

The meaning of this has been lost thanks to indie smark shitter fanbase that want nothing but no sells and flips with chain holds for every single match. A great match means shit if the guy is bland as fuck in every other regard. Like the majority of all indie midgets.
>>
>>1264389
So do you argue with yourself about every subject or just rasslin'?
>>
>>1264375
>>1264389
You need to at least be competent in the wrong. The greatest wrestlers of all time list should only feature people who could entertain inside and outside the ring, such as Austin, Rock, Michaels, Hart, Jericho. Hogan should be nowhere near that list at he got nowhere near a 6/10 match even with other greats carrying him.
>>
>>1264394
Not samefagging. Stop with the paranoia.
>>
>>1264409
>Austin
>a good wrestler

He even admitted himself he was never that good of a wrestler. GTFO of here attitude baby. Angle and Benoit beat everyone you named anyways in regards to being able to put on a great match. Yes even Michaels and Bret.
>>
>>1264412
I was referring to you arguing with strawmen you've crafted, but sweet irony brah.
>>
>>1264413
Austin is also humble to a fault.
>>
>>1264413
> angle
Lol
RA babby pls go
>>
>>1264419
He was never that great in the ring. Entertaining moves sure. Just never actually great though.
>>
>>1264443

He was pretty good pre-neck injury, especially in WCW. When he got to show it at least.
>>
>>1264443
Considering he's one of the only guys to ever have a 5-star match in WWE...
>>
File: 425234.jpg (51KB, 430x700px) Image search: [Google]
425234.jpg
51KB, 430x700px
GOAT
>>
>>1264277
>why isn't hogan doing 360 corkscrew planchas and Japanese doubletwist karate suplexes like all my vanilla midget indie darlings?

have sex, fucking nerd
>>
reminder for the hogan hating manlet virgin internet addict dweebs ITT:

this board is 21+, you're free to go be with your kind on the teen oriented reddit
>>
File: 1461635562063.jpg (35KB, 296x296px) Image search: [Google]
1461635562063.jpg
35KB, 296x296px
>I rate Hogan
>>
>>1264823
> arguing with yourself
>>
>>1264838
>gets btfo
>is a huge fucking nerd
>i d-didnt write that

is this some nerd coping mechanism
>>
>>1264850
I'm not the guy you were replying to, dummy.
>>
>>1264244
>Let us consider just how great he was if we eliminate wrestling ability
A-a-non
>>
>>1264244
Hogan was a shit wrestler. But he got away with it because he had loads of charisma. Also the wwf marketing machine behind him. Imagine a 25 year old Hogan on the main roster today. Booked exactly like he was during the 80's. He would probably be getting the same reaction as Roman Reigns by most fans.
>>
File: 68969079.jpg (18KB, 486x280px) Image search: [Google]
68969079.jpg
18KB, 486x280px
GOAT
>>
He's the best of all time.

Being a "good wrestler" doesn't mean anything at all since it is a pre-determined contest.

Literally all that matters is being over and entertaining people.
>>
>>1265382
>Literally all that matters is being over and entertaining people.

if that's true stone cold is the goat not Hogan
>>
File: 1461296203633.jpg (516KB, 898x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1461296203633.jpg
516KB, 898x1100px
>Made wrestling huge in the 80s
>Part of one of the greatest heel factions that revolutionized wrestling
>Great look in his prime
>Could get a crowd hyped

On the other hand:
>Backstage Politician
>WM9
>His career from when Hulkamania ended to the start of NWO was awful
>Part of the reason WCW began to fail towards the end
>Bash at the Beach 2000
>Had a huge contract in TNA that cost them a fortune
>Agreed to not wrestle for TNA but then did anyway
>Introduced many terrible ideas to TNA that have made it a far worse company
>>
File: 54675356746.jpg (33KB, 331x500px) Image search: [Google]
54675356746.jpg
33KB, 331x500px
GOAT
>>
>>1264244

Nostalgia goggles and all aside, yeah, sure, he's one of the greatest.
If you grew up watching wrestling, you can't help but paying him respect. And I started watching WWF when he was gone for like 2 years.
You could argue one of the reasons the AE started was because of his work with the NWO over at WCW
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.