[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask a paid amature skateboarder anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: hewitt_boneless.jpg (9KB, 195x258px) Image search: [Google]
hewitt_boneless.jpg
9KB, 195x258px
>not who i am
>not who i ride for
that way i can say/give away things i shouldnt about the industry and people involved. these usually go pretty well on /b/ so i figured i'd give /asp/ a shot.
>>
what's your best trick
>>
what shoes do you wear
>>
who is the biggest asshole in the industry

who is the biggest sell out

what company should i stop supporting

is nike as bad as they say

what is your favourite amateur edit series
>>
>>1097771
right now, back noseblunts

>>1097773
vox

>>1097777 (nice quads)
>biggest asshole
easily either Raymond Molinar or Darren Naverette
>biggest sell out
dydrek for running AWS into the ground and bailing on everyone afterwards
>is nike as bad as they say?
it's worse... believe me. same with cons, adidas, and new balance
>fav amateur edits
would have to give that to the shep dogs, although if you dont consider that "amateur" then i'll go with pyramid country
>>
>>1097810
>it's worse... believe me. same with cons, adidas, and new balance
what makes them so bad

i'm generally pretty skeptical about "brand X is ruining industry Y"
>>
>>1097723

Hi cuck

How desperate for attention are you
>>
>>1097723

As a faggot, why are you a bmx rider
>>
>>1097723

>paid amateur

Do you know the meaning of either of those words, dipshit?
>>
>>1097850

Well you obviously fucking don't since in skateboarding you're only Pro status if you have your name on a board! Fucking idiot.

>>1097723

Does VOX pay you or do you just choose to ride them? I heard they don't pay any of their guys.
>>
>>1097819
just look up the history on all three of those companies in skateboarding in the 80s and then ask yourself why anyone would want history to repeat itself.

>>1097850
i dont know where to even begin to explain things to you. dont worry though, the first day on earth is always the hardest.

>>1098081
Vox pays me as well as the rest of their riders. No shoe company doesnt pay their riders, some just pay more than others.
>>
>>1097723

how'd you get started? just sent tapes to whoever company and hoped for the best? is competing a big deal when trying to flow for a company?
>>
>>1099888
i dont think ive ever blindly sent a tape, not that its a bad idea but there is better ways to go about it. i got hooked up mostly through my local shop and just networking. meet the shops reps, meet the people in your city/state who ride for the things you want to. i hardly ever skate contests, most companies will never pressure you to compete if its not your thing.
>>
Who is gonna kill it in 2016 and make it in skating?
>>
>>1097810
>Darren Naverette

I would never think that...why?
>>
>>1097723
why was I banned from SLAP before I even registered an account?
>>
>>1097810
>best trick back noseblunts
seriously? lame cunt

>biggest asshole Naverette
No fucking way dude, the guy was cool as shit when I met him.

>pyramid country
>amateur
Fuck dude, do you only watch shit thrasher posts?
>>
>>1101324
doing business with darren is A LOT different than meeting him at a demo or whatever your passing circumstance was. secondly im stoked you somehow have been the first to master the back noseblunt on tranny/rails/ledges and hubba, congrats. and third, being from AZ i love everything jackson and the PC dudes do and the fact that jackson, jj and the boys have clearly created something interesting unique seeing as how the rest of the world has been biting his shit for a while now. also your use of the phrase "thrasher POSTS" shows that your closest interaction to skateboarding is through your instagram account. take it back to the slap boards champ.

>>1101316
probably because you can do a flip trick or are not over weight

>>1101301
Rowen, even more than he already has.
>>
>>1102188
>that poser response
try harder faggot

You also completely missed my point about pyramid country.
>>
>>1102188
>probably because you can do a flip trick or are not over weight

lel

also, ignore the hater, he's just trolling.
>>
>>1102188

Daan vd Linden on your radar?
>>
>>1097723
> amature
Should have stayed at school you braindead faggot. Enjoy being broke and working in a factory by 25

> /b/
Lol gtfo
>>
>>1102213
>viewpoints that oppose your own are "trolling" or "haters"
No dude, stop dismissing opinions you don't like and give them consideration.
>>
>>1102208
>poser
what year is it?

>>1102297
of course

>>1102305
actualy have a degree and have plenty of options after skating, thanks for your concern
>>
How much of career skateboarding is dependent on raw skill?
>>
>>1102808
>what year is it?
the current year of course

Its a poser response cause you are literally trying to pose as something he you are not in this thread.
>>
>>1097777
quads don't lie
>nike
>cucks every skater
>kool aid production site
>>
>>1097810
>nike
>cons
same shit m8, social sell outs. Sean Pablo and Sage are subtle Nike pawns
>>
>>1103458
none most "pro skaters" lose their originality to gain a certain sponsor. Some make it to the top without influence but it's few and far between.

>>1102188
funny thing is that Jackson hated Bronxe56k then embraced that style...no hate but skating does funny things.

>>1101324
>shit
>Thrasher posts
gtfo Slapfag

>>1101301
Supreme/FA/Hockey kids from a marketing standpoint
Jaws
Ripndip team
Pyramid Country
Huf
Bronze
Dime
Illegal Civ

Hopefully there's some wildcards that will russsel some jimmies
>>
>>1104359
dude, you are deadset a fucking idiot if you thinking I was hating on thrasher
>>
What did you think of the new Fancy Lad video?

What's your worst skateboarding injury? If this is not the worst injury you've ever had, please tell me what that was as well.

Why do I always fall on my ass when I try to skate tranny?
>>
>>1104359
^^not OP^^

>>1103458
a lot, but it only gets you so far if your attitude sucks

>>1104344
truth

>>1104359
FA and Hockey are already struggling from the inside, i wouldnt count on them sticking around.

>>1104712
the fancy lad stuff always bores me to tears. not my cup of tea. i got into skating because it was fast and dangerous and hard to stay on your board, so watching a bunch of dudes run around and throw their boards at shit is not the kind of thing that gets me stoked. the new breed of "hip" skating just seems lazy and fear based to me, not true for all of it but definitely most.

worst injury was breaking/separating my collar bone, although a good old fashioned rolled ankle is still the worst.
>>
>>1105385
>FA and Hockey are already struggling from the inside
I hope this is true
>>
>>1105385
>>1105453

Yea their team is dialed from a marketing standpoint, and frankly I enjoy watching Strobeck's footy. I hear there is some falling out internally. but it's all hear say.

>>1105385
Yea I'm not OP.
>>
>>1097723
Do you know how much I hate you? So jelly you don't even know. Jelly of the skills not free shit.
>>
>>1097723
>itt
>OP butthurt he didn't go anywhere

stay mad
>>
>>1105453
>>1107689
the point of staying anon is to eliminate the "hear say" FA is currently being run out of a U-Haul storage locker in LA. not doing so hot. strobeck will always have work regardless.
>>
>>1107780
if you were OP this would be true, sorry about your unfortunate circumstances
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.