[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Longboarding General --/LBG/--

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: Longboarding Streets.jpg (150KB, 1024x663px) Image search: [Google]
Longboarding Streets.jpg
150KB, 1024x663px
Bombing hills edition

Always. Wear. Fucking. Protection.

We're starting the the thread now, so suggestions about what should be on the stick will be useful

>What is Longboarding?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longboarding
>>
Hopefully this thread can go well...
Got a question, I need new sliding gloves, anybody got some they'd recommend
>>
File: VIDJA-DROP-THROUGH_deck.jpg (222KB, 1052x964px) Image search: [Google]
VIDJA-DROP-THROUGH_deck.jpg
222KB, 1052x964px
Was thinking about getting Urskog vidja
Anyone using/used urskog before?
>>
>>1091825
Never done any longboarding before
skated for a while as a teenager but never got very good

Convince someone who cant be bothered with this handsliding or going ridiculously fast down steep hills to get a board and pick this sport up
>>
>>1092030
Pretty chill to cruise, why would you like it?
>>
>>1092045
Not sure yet
But I do like to cruise, Im looking generally for a sport to get into that I can do by myself when I move to spain this year.
Preferably without too heavy a start up cost, lke a longboard

After having done some googling, are freestyle and just fucking around fun enough to keep you entertained for years?
and can you see yourself doing this when you become older, cause I'm hopefully getting into a sport for life
>>
>>1092030
>>1092057
Whats the area around you like?
If its pretty flat with some not too steep inclines its a great way to get places that aren't too far away. Also just fun to cruise.
>>
>>1092057
I double what >>1092200 said.

I like to chill while taking some speed and listening to music, and of course without the worries about small cracks and pebbles, so the longboard was the sport for me.

If your area is nice, flat and with a nice pavement/streetwalks, longboard is awesome. You can learn some small tricks, but if you really want tricks get a skateboard.
>>
LAMUSY
>>
>>1091825
>what should be on the stick
/diy/ and poorfag protective gear
>>
File: pushpumpgarage.163_1024x1024.jpg (112KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
pushpumpgarage.163_1024x1024.jpg
112KB, 1024x576px
Sup guys, need recommendations on changing up my setup.

I'm an LDPumper

I used to ride daily in Spain - it was pretty flat, good quality asphalt, and super busy.

My board for that is a Loaded Poke + Pink Zigzags + Bennet 4.3 and Tracker RTS, wedged to fuck.

Now I'm in the UK. It's a lot more hill-y, and the asphalt is a LOT more coarse. There's more space and less people in general tho.

Looking to put together a new set up. Rather than a full out pumping set up I want to do a pump push board.

I was thinking of trying out a G-bomb (pic related) push pump set up but need advise on wheels..

70mm just ain't cutting it. Anyone know any bigger wheels suitable for pumping?
>>
I know the integrated speedrings isnt a totally new concept but they seem pretty cool and the marketing campaign loaded is running for these things is sick so im probably gonna have to pick up a set https://youtu.be/wb6Eo2_zQtI
>>
What are your thoughts on chodeboards.

For clarification by chodeboard I mean a regular skateboard with regular trucks but longboard wheels.

I'm buying my first non-walmart board and I'm looking for something that can get me from point a to b more faster than walking and more comfortable than cruising on my board with 56mm 97A wheels. Is it worth it for now just to throw some riser pads and longboard wheels on my board, or should I just save until I have money for a real cruiser or longboard.
>>
>>1099367
Look, a longboard is less or more effective depending on what your city looks like.

In a regular skateboard with longboard wheels, you have "more control" in your feet. You can ollie and manual easier. But you don't have the same stability as a longboard.

So, if the pavement is nice and you don't need to keep getting off your board, get a longboard.
>>
>>1092030

Get yourself a cruiser with some nice fat, soft wheels.
>>
>>1101970
I keep seeing all this advice saying not to get a directional board, but pintails look sexy as fuck

What can't you do with them?
>>
>>1101345
Considering I'll be riding on the sidewalk and my city has those bumpy ramps at road crossings, I'll probably have to either get off my board and walk or ollie over them.

Also the street pavement is shit but the sidewalks are alright in town.

Who knows, maybe on the sidewalks my 56s will be enough to ride somewhat comfortably.
>>
>>1098380
Orangatang kegels are 80 mil, I think seismic makes some big wheels too
>>
How do a make abec 7 bearings spin longer? Mine only go for about 1.5 seconds.
>>
>>1107447
The time your bearings spin doesn't matter at all. It won't make any difference as to how easy your board is to push, unless your bearings are completely fuc
>>
>>1108307
The board is easy to push, the place I live is really flat, an I'll end up having to push constantly to move.
>>
I want to longboard, but I can't decide on a board. Why do there have to be so options.
>>
>>1091825
>protection

I'm not wearing a condom while I bomb a hill.
>>
>>1108457
I just bought my first board like 3 weeks ago having never owned anything other than a wal-mart board in my whole life. In the end you have to just pick out a few that you like and just get one. You're going to love it either way. You can always get another board later.
>>
>>1108457
Most boards do the same thing, its just they all do one thing better than the others. Its hard to go wrong
>>
Are tony hawk boards any good?
>>
Holy shit just as I need a longboarding thread I find one

What type of shape would you guys recomend? I had to give my sector 9 pintail back after a relationship went bad, and i'm now tossing up a dropthrough or pintail.

Mainly cruising around my uni and not going too fast.
>>
>>1113713
a mini cruiser imo. can turn corners better
>>
File: photos_productexample_4.jpg (113KB, 900x540px) Image search: [Google]
photos_productexample_4.jpg
113KB, 900x540px
>>1110183
>>1110639
Cool beans, I never skated before and live out in the country, pretty shitty asphalt, so I figured I should opt for a longboard. Not much flat ground, but pretty mellow rolling hills. Mostly unsure about size. Looking at Moonshine boards at the moment, not sure if I want the little Firewater or the long County Line. Will probably cruise the paved bike trails around here since they're pretty empty most of the time during the day, how much space do boards like these to carve comfortably?
>>
File: firewater_redwheels_bottom.png (695KB, 918x1000px) Image search: [Google]
firewater_redwheels_bottom.png
695KB, 918x1000px
>>1114401
Not sure why I posted the Arbiter dk. Have a Firewater.
>>
>>1114401
Moonshine is so expensive.
>>
>>1114415
Feels like I'll be spending $150-300 no matter what I buy. Their shit looks like it will hold up.
>>
File: 20150728_234801.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20150728_234801.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
which pivot cups should i get for my randal trucks to make it more stable?
Venoms don't fit...
>>
>>1114401
I ride a couple bike trails and I have plenty of room for other people. A smooth empty parking lot is a lot of fun too. Just keep an eye open when you're driving around and you'll find stuff you wanna skate all over the place.
>>
>>1114415
>>1114434
https://www.muirskate.com/longboard/pre-assembleds/71513/bustin-2016-machete-39-pre-assembled-longboard-skateboard-complete-c5ma39sk

Damn though, this is pretty cheap. How are Bustins?
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 800x800px
Anyone have advice on board length to rider height ratio?
I'm borrowing a really wide 45" long surfboard shaped pintail from a friend of mine to try the sport out, and I'm loving it.

Only issue is the board is too large and unweildy for my tastes and I'm about 5'11 and 145lbs.
I'm looking to be doing mainly cruising, dancing and trying to get into a bit of freeride when I get a bit more of a hang of things and equipment.
Bombed some hills but dont have the gloves to try and start sliding.

Would a 40" or less twin kick be good a good option for my size and what I want to do with it?
Or should I go for a bit longer considering the wheelbase is shorter on a twin kick?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.