[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite Rumble match? Least favorite? Who would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: Rumble.jpg (90KB, 650x403px) Image search: [Google]
Rumble.jpg
90KB, 650x403px
What's your favorite Rumble match? Least favorite? Who would you like to see win the Rumble in 2017?
>>
>>1084386
>What's your favorite Rumble match?
2005 was pretty good

>Least favourite
2015 was an awful match from start to finish

>Rumble 2017
Dean
>>
>>>1084386 (OP)
>>What's your favorite Rumble match?
>2007
>>Least favourite
>2016
>>Rumble 2017
>Seth
>>
>>1084386
>Favourite

>Least favourite
2015 and 2016

>Rumble 2017
Bray
>>
>>1084397
>>1084400

What subjects are you taking next year In 11th grade
>>
>>1084431
Kill yourself.
>>
>>1084386
>favorite
2001. '92 comes close because of how perfect the commentary and Flair is, but '01 had so many better spots.
>least favorite
either 2014 or 2015. One after another almost made me hate what had been my favorite wrestling event ever. At least MITB is still decent.
>2017 winner
Someone hard to predict but still capable of carrying the company for a year.
>>
>>1084434

Top comeback

Have a retweet
>>
>>1084459
Nah
>>
What do you prefer? When a wrestler lasts for a really long time, possibly one of the first two entrants, and wins at the end by overcoming the odds, or when the winner is from a later number, coming out as a shock to the audience and winning it in an upset?
>>
I like the classic ones. 92 is one of if not the best. 95 gets honorable mention for Michaels and the "two-foot" rule. 97 and 98 were good as they were when Austin was just coming into his prime. Actually all of the Rumbles Austin won were good.
>>
>>1084477
The early entry winners are overdone, I'd rather have it be someone from 13-21
>>
>>1084477
Depends on the wrestler. Slimy heels shouldn't be winning from no 1 or 2, which would be more suited to a babyface.

There should be a healthy variety of both. Most rumbles should have the shock entrant winning. Winning from early on should be rare, otherwise it totally devalues the accomplishment of lasting so long. If it happens all the time then it's not a big deal. It's good that only four guys have won from starting at 1 or 2 (which are basically the same)
>>
>>1084477
Normally I'd say the former. I like when an underdog lasts a long time and survives the onslaught of 29 opponents. Makes the victory that much sweeter. But its a trick that can be handled poorly, telegraphing the obvious winners and sucking any surprise out of the rest of the event. Plus, the guy really needs to stay in there the whole time. It was alright when Austin left the arena then came back at the end in 99, but what they did with Reigns this year was awful. At the very least, they either should've eliminated him early to make the audience care about a surprise winner for the rest of the match, or they should've had him stay in the ring while hurt to make him look tougher.
>>
>>1084488
>they either should've eliminated him early to make the audience care about a surprise winner for the rest of the match
This. I'm a big fan of champions getting eliminated early on in rumbles, elimination chambers etc. It guarantees a new champ and a possible shock, keeping the crowd invested.
>>
>Favorite
99.. The outcome was fucking hilarious. That or 03

>least favorite
2015 and 2016.. I was at 2015 live and i went in knowing Roman would win but good god that was such a fucking bad ending. I was nuclear along with the crowd

>Rumble 2017
Dean or someone fresh hopefully
>>
2001 was GOAT
>>
Whichever one had Drew Carey and Honky Tonk Man. So good.
>>
File: ezgif-4021763993.gif (4MB, 176x138px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif-4021763993.gif
4MB, 176x138px
>>1088507
this man knows
>>
>>1084386

>Least favourite
Honestly 2016 was pretty terrible because they made a lot of straight-up terrible common sense miscalls.

>Rumble 2017
Bray or Dean. Zayn if he's in position to, but that would be like, one year into his Main Roster career, and that's a little soon.
>>
>>1088509
You're thinking of 2001. Definitely one of the best.
>>
>>1084490
I remember Cena got eliminated super early in a chamber match that Edge won, awesome match.
>>
File: ehwtYKE.gif (3MB, 205x153px) Image search: [Google]
ehwtYKE.gif
3MB, 205x153px
>Favorite
2002 (Hardys-Undertaker-Maven) or 2006 because of the Rey-Eddie storyline
>Least favorite
1999 (Year of the Empty Ring)
>Rumble 2017
Anyone but you, Roman...

Favorite Royal Rumble match that wasn't the Rumble though was 1999, Rock vs Mankind, I Quit Match. That was fucking insane. All them chairshots... Other than when he won his first championship, Mankind never got over more than in that match. I remember thinking "holy fuck, what is this guy made of? Balls of titanium"
>>
>>1084486
what about Vince's win, though? Sitting out most of the rumble, like bitch-ass Roman this year
>>
>>1088581
>>1088509

seriously? 2001 was the first Rumble to not feature Pete Rose. what a major letdown...
>>
File: poor petey.gif (3MB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
poor petey.gif
3MB, 400x302px
>>1088610
oh ma gawd! he just tombstoned pete rose!
>>
>>1088597
How did he even secure himself againts those chairshots I mean they always cover their face with hands at the last second and it didn't look like rock was trying to gently hit him unless they used some special chair for that
>>
>>1088603
Vince's a special case, doing what he did back then absolutely makes sense for him and for the story, it was almost brilliant AND hilarious.

I remember back then, most folks were sure that Austin would win, and then BANG fucking Vince does, it was incredible.
>>
>>1088643
He didn't. He just took them.
>>
Slaughter was the greatest elimination ever.
>>
>>1088643

satanic trips is right
>>1088666

Foley took most of the chairshots. there are a few where the rock hit him with a glancing blow - where he was moving the chair side-to-side across his head more so than he was actually hitting him with it

what's really dangerous is hitting someone from behind, like a couple of them were. when you hit head-on, you can tilt your head or pull back to brace the impact. from behind, you can't really do anything since you don't see it coming, and that makes it more dangerous
>>
>>1084386
>>
>>1088670
>Slaughter was the greatest elimination ever.

I had to find a clip of that. That was amazing!!
>>
2000, it was when I had just gotten into wrestling, the whole event was great fun as a kid, plus I was a huge mark for Too Cool so the dance during the rumble was a bunch of fun for me.

>Least favourite
Probably 2008, really couldn't get into the rumble match.

> 2017
It'll never happen but I'd like to see Luke Harper win it, maybe splitting from the Wyatts in the process, I dunno, would probably be a bit dull and too obvious a storyline.
>>
>>1088651

one thing that didn't cross my mind until now...

that's the last Rumble I can think of where winning the rumble mattered in-and-of itself

nowadays, it's "he's going to fight for the title at Wrestlemania!!!" Nobody gives a shit about "he just won the rumble!" Even with Trips, it was more about taking the title to Wrestlemania than winning the title itself. It doesn't seem like they ever even gave a shit about him being the champ - just the setup for Wrestlemania
>kinda sad, in a way...
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.