[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does that quote from Cornette go? It's something like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: 1458014215511.png (182KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1458014215511.png
182KB, 500x281px
How does that quote from Cornette go? It's something like "You should never completely bury your opponent so bad that he can't come back from it."

I feel like this is what is happening when Vince or Triple H get a microphone in recent times. They go out there and lecture the fans and basically tell them "You're worthless. You were never good at anything and you'll never be good at anything. I am better than you in every way and I will never lose and there is nothing you an do about it. And you'll continue to watch this show because losers like you will always be losers who can only watch."

This is some of what is now being called meta-heeldom where a heel attempts to get heat by seeming like a real life condescending prick. Well, Vince and Triple H succeeded. They have completely buried the fans to the point where the only thing they could possibly do to see these heels get any comeuppance is to stop watching the show and stop purchasing their products.

I quit watching WWE shows from start to finish after Survivor Series last year and haven't watched an entire one since. Sometimes I'll skip through RAW via DVR and watch match-ups that seem interesting, or pause on the main event scene to see if it has improved. It hasn't.

It's still Triple H lecturing the millennials. Well, you what Trips? Fuck you, I don't watch wrestling to be lectured by 40 year olds. As long as they keep doing this I'm going to keep fast forwarding and skipping, and they'll never see another penny out of me.
>>
>It's still Triple H lecturing the millennials. Well, you what Trips? Fuck you, I don't watch wrestling to be lectured by 40 year olds. As long as they keep doing this I'm going to keep fast forwarding and skipping, and they'll never see another penny out of me.
Trips making wrestling way to real.
>>
>>1081247

Don't even use the DVR space, just stream it online.
>>
Vince is actually entertaining when he does it and the crowd loves him even if they boo they're just playing along
HHH is just projecting his own insecurity
>>
>>1081247
This pasta has been served to /wooo/ already. This is an insult, sir, an insult and an outrage.
>>
>>1081253
Nah it's just a hamhanded attempt at making people hate him so we'll cheer when Roman beats him up.
>>
>>1081331
Nobody hates Hunter though. His genuine friendship for his buddy, the GOAT, HBK is way too entrenched in the fans minds.
>>
File: 51VwA19.png (160KB, 424x318px) Image search: [Google]
51VwA19.png
160KB, 424x318px
>>1081247

Ironically the two matches in the last week or so with HHH at Roadblock and Raw have been the best thing about the product in ages.
>>
>>1081247
>in recent times

This is how Trips has ALWAYS CUT PROMOS, he tries to completely bury and destroy any credibility of the guy he is up against. It takes a rare talent that people absolutely love for that kind of week in week out conditioning to actually make them like the face MORE, ala Daniel Bryan.

Notice how different Steph's promos are, she more makes hers about making herself seem like an asshole who you want to see get her comeuppance. HHH's number one objective in every promo he has ever cut has been to make himself seem like more of a star than everyone else in the same program as him.
>>
>>1081247

There's no heat because they can't book a heel right.

>tl;dr it's all HHH's fault.

Beginning with 2000ish 'BETTER ENTRANCES THAN DA FACES' and 2003 'BURY EM ALL' HHH, WWE has forgot how to book a heel.

A heel should be a villain with no redeemable qualities that draws the ire of the crowd and serves to elevate the face.

However, with 'EGO TRIPPIN' H now at the healm - with his desire to get a pop and not adopt the secoondary role of heel - all heels are cast in his image. Take Seth Rollins busting out more high spots than the faces during his run, take all heel promos which to anyone of wrestling's past would be considered a burial, take the concept of the 'cool heel' that's now across the board. All in HHH's image. At least McMahon could show ass and actually work as a heel to Austin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwfoxfNG3Qs

Aspiring to be a wrestler? Watch that Terry Funk promo and learn what a good heel is. If the wrestlers workers understood this there would be heat.
>>
>>1081415
Yeah, I was actually cheering out loud for Ziggler during his match with Triple h, very exciting shit
>>
>>1081415
He's always been good in the ring, it's his promos and the horseshit egotism and backstage politicking that make him cancer for the company.
>>
>>1081512

I skipped it. Ziggler is poo.
>>
>>1081538
well memed
>>
>>1081512
>ziggler
kek cheering for someone who is going to a jobber for the rest of his career
>>
Why does NO ONE understand Triple H's character?

He is supposed be a delusional narcissistic psychopath. Why would he not bury everyone else and think he is better?
>>
Didn't Cornette also say something about GMs/whatever being in front of the camera too often usually meant they didn't know what they were doing?

Unless it had a purpose in a GOOD storyline.
>>
>>1081507

>the only difference is the workers and not that kayfabe is dead and the corpse regularly raped
>>
>>1082023
Because that character only works with an antithesis, so with no Cena or Bryan or a similar face it just doesn't work out
>>
>>1082026

It worked with Ambrose for their brief 2 week feud desu.
>>
>>1082026
Or, OR, if he lost.

See: Booker T. Being a racist, narcissistic asshole is awesome heel stuff. But not when you talk down the face for months, beat him clean, deny him "the moral of the story," and bury him deep.

His character and how he plays it have been spot on from Connecticut Blue Blood days. It's the booking that ruins it.
>>
>>1082032

He has lost loads in the last 10 years. His reign of terror during Evolution was pretty bad admittedly.
>>
>>1082030
But with the ADD creative seems to have they just forgot he actually can give h a decent program
>>
>>1082035
"loads"

Let's take out his backstage buttbuddies Shawn, Orton, and Batista. Now tell me how often he's lost the last match in a feud to put over a face. Go.
>>
File: 1440320122321 - Cópia.png (809KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1440320122321 - Cópia.png
809KB, 500x750px
GET WORKED MARKS, ALL HAIL.
>>
>>1081463
>she more makes hers about making herself seem like an asshole who you want to see get her comeuppance
Only that shit never happens.
>>
File: JUST.png (21KB, 588x379px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
21KB, 588x379px
>>1082140
How u want ur tv ratings senpai?
>>
>>1082144
How would you book it, it can't be done logically
>>
>>1082147
Funny thing is 97 was a based af year for WWE
>>
>>1082172
Have Shane fire her. If you want an old school beating, then build towards one of the Divas throwing Steph through a table or whatever. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>1081247

Triple H has been cutting this same promo for 20 years now. Are you new? It's become a running gag at this point.
>>
>>1082174

Well ratings doesnt mean the product is the best it just means it appeals to the widest range of people.

One Direction (or some other pop act) sell the most records but doesnt mean they make the best music.
>>
>>1082174

You mean after Survivor Series 97' was when things got really interesting and guys like Mike Tyson wanted to be associated with the product, now we literally dont even get interesting guest hosts just shitters like grumpy cat.
>>
>>1082718

Piss off with that "ratings dont matter" schtick. For a show that airs weekly on cable TV it absolutely matters. One direction appeal to one demographic, teen girls.
>>
>>1081247
I think they failed to understand what made the authority angle work.

When Vince was telling the audience that they hated their boss, their job, their life in the 90s, it was predominantly a younger audience who weren't thinking about their situation, they were thinking about what their parents' lives seemed like. Vince represented an ill-understood and unappealing potential future.

But now they're talking to that same audience with a couple of decades of work experience, and it rings hollow.
>>
>>1082724
>Piss off with that "ratings dont matter" schtick.

Marks watch it on the WWE network, smarks just stream it. Only little jimmies still watch it on tv. Shit, I don't even regularly use my tv. I think I haven't turned it on for a month now. Get with the times gramps, no one watches tv when the internet is around.
>>
>>1083156

Literally the worst poster on /asp/

Every thread just the same shit
>>
>>1081248
I can see it already, Triple giving the pedigree to a bunch of hipsters.
>>
>>1083156
Raw isn't even on the network senpai. unless you're implying that marks just watch the product 4 weeks behind everyone else
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.