[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does UFC exist in WWE's canon but WWE doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: wwe-vs-ufc1.png (102KB, 600x156px) Image search: [Google]
wwe-vs-ufc1.png
102KB, 600x156px
Why does UFC exist in WWE's canon but WWE doesn't in UFC's?
>>
Because WWE is fake
>>
>>1080282
UFC bring legitimacy to the WWE, what does the WWE offer besides whiny egotistical emo manchildren cowards?
>>
>>1080286
So is UFC?
>>
Tell me something else about wwe canon
>>
>>1080295
It exsist at Vince's convenience.
>>
>>1080295
Wrestlers die and come back to life

I think its safe to say WWE wrestlers have greater feats than the UFC fighters.
>>
>>1080282
Because WWE is bigger than UFC.
The big dogs have no problem mentioning the small fries, because they're no threat. They freely use them to supplement the storytelling of their own product.
The small fries are afraid to mention the big dogs, because they get more viewers than they do, and that would be unwise.
Instead, they leech from the ungiving teet of the big dogs whenever they can, hording proxy fame.
>>
>>1080282
Because the only stories that matter in UFC are people bragging to each other before one kicks the other's ass. There's no deeper overarching canon for outside stuff to be added to. WWE on the other hand uses anything it can to make its storylines more interesting. Or less interesting. Depends on the story.
>>
>>1080319
>wrastlin stories are interesting
What, did they stop doing the whole "I'm gonna marry your Dad/give birth to a hand/you betrayed me!/I'm such a rebel" bullshit? What else is left?

>>1080317
I think it was has more to do with their respective fanbases perceptions of their competitors. WWE fans respect MMA and an MMA background can be an impressive accolade for fake wrestlers. MMA fans are more likely to look down on "sports entertainment" and rightly so, because it's for manchildren.
>>
WWE championships do however count in bellator
keep that in mind
>>
>>1080343
Shit really?
>>
>>1080339
You come off as one of those guys who thinks he is smart by telling people wrestling is fake. You do know OP is being ironic right?
>>
>>1080386
I'm really not bothered by what manchildren think of me.
>>
>>1080317
>Because WWE is bigger than UFC
Is it? UFC is reportedly worth a couple billion. That's got to be at least on par with the E, which couldn't be worth much more than that.
>>
>WWE is UFC'S TNA
>>
File: 0.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>1080391
>"dont care what manchildren think of me"
>comes into rassle thread
>makes comment how rassle is lame
>>
>>1080369
yeah, in the fight the other week with ken shamrock being a wwe champion was on his list of accomplishments
>>
>>1080282
Vince refuses to see UFC as a threat. He claims that they are not directly competing against each other.
>>
>>1080286
UFC is the fakest MMA company out there.
>>
>>1080405

>UFC fan
>manchild

Pick two.
>>
They did tho. When Bork went to UFC, bruce buffer mentioned it, Rogan and Goldberg mentioned it a couple times, hell they even allowed Rousey to appear in fucking WM.

If (and that's a big IF) Phil Brooks somehow have his debut in UFC, I'd imagine he'll be mentioned as (former) WWE champion as well

In fact, UFC mention plenty of promotions. Even Bellator. Not necessarily because they have amiciable relation with other promotions, but simply to recognize that they're exist and MMA isn't entirely revolves around UFC, unlike WWE and its delusion

>>1080821
You're not answering the question
>>
>>1081106

WWE needs UFC to legitimize themselves as credible (not real) but believable as an athletic competition

UFC doesn't need WWE's endorsement cause they are the hottest sport outside of football in the world
>>
>>1081110
>cause they are the hottest sport outside of football in the world
lel thats soccer and the dana whites manufactured stars being exposed and ppvs go down also reflect that statement is wrong.
>>
>>1081117

m8 they've just had one of the highest buy rates in the past 5-6 ppvs in the history of ppvs

you can be as skeptical and derisive as you'd like but money speaks louder than your posts
>>
Because WWE is a children's show and UFC is an actual sport
I mean, WWE is basically a "manlier" mlp, your most popular guys are three niggers who's entire thing is being a brony
>>
>>1080307
once they finally book benoit vs guererro with special guest referee owen hart, the payoff is going to be INCREDIBLE
>>
>>1080319
>Because the only stories that matter in UFC are people bragging

Some amazing underdog stories have solidified in the UFC, unfortunately since Dana didn't plan on these major upsets happening and cant be bothered to push guys he once cut from his organization (Lawler, Werdum, Rumble)they don't get the attention they deserve
>>
File: natepunchingconor.webm (2MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
natepunchingconor.webm
2MB, 1024x576px
>>1082010
based nate put that overhyped potato in his place, fucking connor thinking he could beat a diaz at their own fucking game.
>>
>>1080317
This and UFC, like other sports organizations, have no immediate competition to the WWE. As for UFC not mentioning them, why should they? Not every wrestler goes to the UFC, etc.
>>
>>1082050
exactly instead of hyping Diaz Papa Dana has been on full damage control
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 222x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 222x225px
>>1080317
Exactly
>>
WWE as the last letter on their name says, (E) stands for ENTERTAINMENT. They're staged, not real. The champion in WWE is decided in the back, not in the ring.

UFC is real, no storylines, no drama, not staged.

Personally, I like both. I watch UFC and WWE, I am a combat sports fan, I'll watch anything involving a ring.
>>
WWE loves to mention anything mainstream in hopes the attention will somehow get back to them.
They mention some random NFL player everytime Mojo Rawley comes out.
>>
>>1086422
That's why SummerSlam last year had a fucking Demi Lovato main theme song...
>>
File: gronkthehypeman.jpg (274KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gronkthehypeman.jpg
274KB, 1200x1200px
>>1086422
>some random NFL player
the gronk, man he loves the WWE and is good friends with the HYPE MAN, he got a shit load of publicity thanks to TMZ. THe hype man got got exposure.
>>
>>1086422
When they mention people like that on WWE, is because they like WWE. Have you ever seen how many celebrities have actually been to WrestleMania?
>>
in japan the MMA/WWE scene were pretty interconnected. with some notable wrasslers going into non scripted mma fights in their wrestling gear (sakuraba, minowaman etc...). this is mostly because shooto(japanese shoot wrestling) spawned from catch wrasslin, which came from a time when "pro" wrestling champs actually knew how to wrestle/beat people up but fought in mock fights to make people watch(actual grappling matches are very boring to the layman) and to reduce the chance of injury

when ufc bought out by zuffa/dana. he really wanted to legitimize the sport by not letting it be asociated with WWE (at the time you had people saying how much wrestling champs would kill MMA champs in a fight, thats how ingrained wwe is into the minds of the average american)
>>
>>1082229
I'm usually very neutral when watching UFC fights but I swear I will probably pass out from overjoy if Nate finishes Conor again at UFC 200
>>
Ignore the fact that you're wrong since CM Punk's rasslin career is mentioned and Brock's UFC career is mentioned in WWE;
> Why does UFC exist in WWE's
Because they're not competition so Vince doesn't care
> Why doesn't WWE exist in UFC
Because they're not competition so Dana White doesn't care

Vince want's to buy competition to be the biggest product on the market
White wants to sell a superior product than anything else on the market
>>
>>1087116
>White wants to sell a superior product than anything else on the market
lel he also wants to buy competition to be the biggest product on the market white himself has said he admires vince mcmahon and wants to be him.
>>
>>1082050
That was the worst sell if I ever saw one
>>
>>1081106
UFC acknowledged Brock as a former WWE superstar. His first MMA fight that wasn't by UFC they did acknowledge him as a 2 time WWE Champion.
>>
simple: UFC still maintains kayfabe. And if you maintain kayfabe, you cant acknowledge a company that breaks kayfabe
>>
>>1080317
Idk which company is bigger, but your argument is wrong. The top companies never name-drop their competition because they don't want to give them free exposure. But the smaller companies always name-drop the bigger companies in hopes of making some kind of gain off of their notoriety. That's why you'll never here McDs mention BK or Coke mention Pepsi in their advertising, but you will here Pepsi talk about how they are better than Coke.

And it's why WWE has never mentioned TNA by name on TV, ever, and only even alluded to them 2 times in history that I can think of [HBK talking about Angle jerking curtains somewhere else and Cena threatening to show up on someone else's show, brother]. Yet TNA can't seem to go one episode without making multiple mentions of WWE - either derogatory of WWE or as an attempt to validate themselves [this guy is a former WWE champion] - which is kind of funny if you think about it.
>>
>>1087194

I've also seen UFC acknowledge and show WWE wrestlers/employees that attended their fights several times, most notably during Brock's matches. They even interviewed them, e.g. Jim Ross, Paul Heyman and The Undertaker

I don't understand this thread; it seems like WWE and UFC have a good relationship to me.....
>>
>>1088894

>And it's why WWE has never mentioned TNA by name on TV, ever, and only even alluded to them 2 times in history that I can think of

Don't forget Kaval's "Total Nonstop Action" line in NXT
>>
>all these MMAutists took the OP seriously
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.