[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What Will Save Mania This Year?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 3

File: Wrestlemania.png (146KB, 404x316px) Image search: [Google]
Wrestlemania.png
146KB, 404x316px
So each year it seems Vince makes a last minute decision to somehow save the Mania main event from ending in boos.

Last year they saved it from ending in boos by having Seth cash in

Year before that they added Daniel in the match and gave him the strap

So what will happen this year. Judging from the onslaught of boos that Roman got last night I guarantee they're thinking of a way to change up the main event. Vince isn't going to allow the "biggest Wrestlemania of all time" to end in 100,000 boos.
>>
>>1079423
Roman saves it by winning, getting verbally slaughtered by 100,000 rabid smarks, and causing mass hilarity.
>>
HBK special referee
Dwayne in Roman's corner
SCSA run in
>>
>>1079427
>>1079436
drinking all those tears of the smarks will be wonderful live.
>>
>>1079434
>referee gets knocked out
>HHH goes for sledgehammer
>The Rock runs out rock bottoms him
>looks at Roman, rock bottoms him too
>HHH covers Ramen and wins
>next night Rock cuts a "heel" promo saying hes sick of Roman disgracing his Samoan heritage and that when he was booed out of the building at Royal Rumble last year he knew he had to stop him from becoming champion and embarassing the family name
>>
>>1079442
This
>>
>>1079442
Doesn't sound half bad.
>>
>>1079442
Roman vs Rock at Summerslam
>>
>>1079436
The only way I'll enjoy mania is if Balor shows up. I'll shit my pants.
>>
Sex Ferguson
>>
>>1079469
They should wait until RR next year to debut balor
Imho he isnt ready yet
His mic skills are lacking extremely
>>
>>1079474
They're not gonna come along, that's pretty clear. He's just a void of speaking.
Best to just debut him, let him be over as fuck for a short while because jimmies like the paint, cash in as much as possible, then keep him around as a midcard workhorse.
That's really the only path I see
>>
>>1079477
Or just form the Balor Club and have Gallows and Anderson do all the talking
>>
>>1079484
dont let gallow touch a mic too many festus chants, karl can do it and balor can just scream so they wont hear his voice.
>>
>>1079489
I want Anderson AND Gallows on the god damn mic. The crowd can chant CM Punk for all I care.
>>
>>1079489
>too many festus chants
Why would anyone chant for festus
He already switched his gimmick when Punk abducted him into the Straight edge society and named him Luke gallows
>>
>>1079497
>abducted
Inducted*
>>
>>1079484
That's a stupid idea.
>I don't like it when the WWE uses other talents to get Roman over
>but it's okay to do it with my favourite indy kids

Let him sink or swim on his own merits. Don't task others with hiding his weaknesses and keeping him afloat.
That said, forming a stable with him wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the entire purpose of keeping him over. It should be to let them all shine, as should be the purpose of stables in general.
>>
>>1079503
>NJPW
>indie
>>
>>1079505
Welcome to /wwe/
>>
>>1079503
>don't take advantage of the most over stable in wrestling when you have the big three signed
Yeah what a dumb idea that would be. You never see bullet club shirts everywhere in the crowd at every event
>>
>>1079511
Did you miss the latter half of my post, dipshit?
>>1079503
>That said, forming a stable with him wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the entire purpose of keeping him over.

Pull the trigger on the stable. Just don't call it 'The Balor Club' and make it all about the dude who's incapable of showing any of his own personality.
That reeks of long-term disappointment and protective booking in a bad way that you should be all-too-familiar with in current WWE.
>>
>>1079456
That's the problem, isn't it? Any action made to stop Roman just leads to more Roman. You Roman one Roman and two Romans Roman in it's Roman.
>>
>>1079524
>incapable of showing any of his personality
Like that matters. The crowd goes ballistic when Balor comes out. He gets tons of pop everywhere he goes. Speaking would ruin his whole "demon" persona. They're bringing in the Balor Club this year regardless of your opinion of his mic skills. It's all but confirmed at this point.
>>
>>1079555
>Like that matters.

>Like that matters. The crowd goes ballistic when Roman comes out.....

Same could've been said. Being over in-front of an insular Full Sail crowd means shit. He hasn't an ounce of the longevity to remain over.
Keep fantasizing, you're only hurting yourself, my man.
>>
>>1079555
>>incapable of showing any of his personality
>Like that matters.
>it doesnt matter that he can't display personality
>he thinks this wont hurt him on the main roster

i wouldve agreed with you about balor having potential to be a serious talent, but way to fuck your own stance
>>
>>1079560
>comparing someone who can actually put on a match to Roman
Not to mention Roman has even less of a personality than Balor. Balors entrance alone gets him over. Throw in a great match and he could say whatever he wants and the crowd will love him
>>
>>1079570
>>comparing someone who can actually put on a match to Roman

Doesn't mean shit on the Main Roster if he doesn't have an iota of the character to back it up.
Not to mention the much-more formulaic style. You think he's going to get the shot to have "great matches" weekly as he does in NXT?
>Roman has less personality than Balor
He's one of the few people with less going for him in-terms of speaking than Roman. At least Roman's just a woeful charisma vacuum; Finn's an embarrassing font of shit with a microphone in hand.
>>
>>1079570
>Balors entrance alone gets him over. Throw in a great match and he could say whatever he wants and the crowd will love him

>thinks he can stay over on memes

theres only so much this shitter can be handed
hell get stale and tired quick if he cant back it up with some half-decent talking. and youre also assuming hell get good chances in the main roster, which is cute
>>
>>1079575
Roman comes off as some try hard bad ass vs Balor who comes off as just a normal guy who can wrestle. That's the difference I see between the two, and more people will get behind the latter
>>
>>1079585
And once you throw in his whole "demon" gimmick it's enough to push him at least to the upper mid card.
>>
>>1079585
You're right. But sadly, this kid's wrong
>>1079589

It's still not enough to push him to the upper-card. "Normal guy who can wrestle" is just a normal wrestler. Not particularly interesting, not particularly enthralling, and won't be able to stay over in front of a less enthused crowd under different circumstances.
The Demon gimmick affords him nothing but a short bout of interest to kick off his run. No longevity, which is what he sorely needs and lacks.
>>
>>1079423
Bayley
>>
tbhlads, I hope Balor succeeds and does well, but I view him as exactly one-third of a full package.
>Has the ring-work
>Absolutely zero mic-work
>No character-work

He has the same match in his "Demon Form" as he does in his boots and tights, for fucks sakes.
It's not even a full gimmick. It's nothing anyone else couldn't do.
I don't hate him like this other dude, nor do I mark for him like the other one, but I just don't see him cracking the upper-card because he's not interesting enough consistently.
>>
>>1079423
Ryback destroys roman reigns and becomes full on goldberg. Next night on raw Triple H gives him the belt but he spears him too. The Ryback doesn't need to title he just needs to be fed
>>
>>1079633
He could develop the character though. And his mic skills. And even if he can't develop his mic skills he can still develop his "demon" persona and just let Anderson or Gallows do all the mic work. He gets enough pop from crowds to warrant being on the main roster.

Also, to the guy who's saying he won't get anywhere because he has no mic skills
>Brock
>Roman
>>
>>1079646
>he can still develop his "demon" persona and just let Anderson or Gallows do all the mic work

>and let someone else carry his career for him

Good idea!

>Brock
Entirely different entity based purely on the legitimate physical anomaly he is. Fucking retarded comparison and you know it.

>Roman
Forced push. No genuine exceptional talent. Doesn't prove nor disprove anything other than Vince's stubbornness.

Jeff Hardy would've been a better counter-point. I'm making your fucking points for you, here, step up.
>>
>>1079649
>>Brock
>Entirely different entity based purely on the legitimate physical anomaly he is.
So, you're saying he doesn't need to work the mic simply because he has an impressive physical appearance that the crowd likes? Huh, it's almost like most Balor fans like him strictly for his physical appearance as well. You're right, retarded comparison.
>>
>>1079656
Not even going into the fact that Brock was far more serviceable a talker during his earlier Smackdown run than Balor, are you honestly drawing a parallel between Brock's genuine freak-appeal and Balor's toned abs?
I'm not even gonna entertain this, breh. You need to sit down.
>>
>>1079665
>Balor's toned abs
No you fucking mong. I'm saying his fans like his appearance, i.e. his body paint and the demon persona. Keep up.
>>
>>1079670
Yes, I understood that.
I was underselling and belittling your viewpoint because it's weak enough I don't have to actually retort.
>>
balor is going to be successful if he doesn't talk and lets machine gun anderson talk for him
>>
>>1079708
>machine gun anderson
Literally fucking who?
>>
I am not familiar with Balor. The demon you speak of is not just a passing look for him? Does he still use it? If he is supposed to have this demon personality I have never gotten a sense of that in any of the promos he has cut since I first started seeing him in January. When does he usually use it?
>>
>>1079712
guy with hot asian wife
>>
>>1079724
he only uses his paint when it's a special event
>>
The only way to save Mania's main event from boos is to pretty much pull the plug on Reigns and have HHH win clean.

In due time, smarks will regret cheering for this.
>>
>>1079740

Just like with the Rollins cash-in.
>>
>>1079740
>Reign of Terror part deux
>Only this time it's not a 30-something bodybuilder, it's an angry 50 year old father yelling at all his audience kids about how he's in charge and they better do what he says or else
>>
>>1079442
>>1079450
>>1079456

>Rock cuts a "heel" promo

You put heel in quotations because the crowd will cheer him as the babyface for this, right?
>>
>>1079730

Nice, nice. Is he supposed to be some kind of heel then? He seems very sportsman like to me in his promos and his fights with Crews and Neville
>>
>>1079750

Yeah, but smarks hate the Rock because HURR PART-TIMER
>>
>>1079510

/WWE/ doesn't know what indie means.
>>
>>1079511

>most over stable in wrestling
>9/10 WWE fans will say "literally who?"
>>
>>1079763
As a casual fan, this. I learned about the Mullet Club from Christian and Jericho, yesterday.
>>
>>1079753
No one hates the rock
>>
>>1079555

>"everywhere"
>full sail, 800 seat theatres, and one arena filled with a smark crowd
>"everywhere"
>>
>>1079752
He's a face but probably transitioning to heel soon. The demon is just a warpaint like thing he uses to assume an alter ego in order to focus more, as opposed to being legit schizo.
>>
File: 1457776694242.png (511KB, 998x733px) Image search: [Google]
1457776694242.png
511KB, 998x733px
Nothing
>>
File: holdonplaya.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
holdonplaya.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>1079423
Now hold on,
I think you know the answer playa
>>
>>1079423

This would be GOAT in HoF and could actually save wrestlemania's season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGdPocMslEA
>>
>>1080128
Top kek
>>
>>1079423
BMJ comes in to save Reigns from le authority Reigns gets the win and BMJ hits him with like 3 AAs
>>
Double turn in main event
>>
>>1079423
>>1080128

THIS ALSO COULD BE MAIN EVENT OF WRESTLEMANIA!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRTyBjJH2m8
>>
>>1080253
Does it count as a turn if they're already booking HHH as face and Roman as heel, and the crowd already responds appropriately to this booking?
>>
>>1080262
It would make things less awkward
>>
Shane vs Taker being the main event, final match of the night. This story is objectively bigger than Roman vs HHH, and should be the final match of the night.

Bulletproof to interfere, Shane wins
Power struggle in Bulletproof over leadership between AJ and Balor
>>
>>1080271
AJ is probably going to have nothing to do with the new Bullet Club.
>>
>>1080277

You think so? I have a feeling he's gonna be stuck in midcard for the rest of his wwe career
>>
>>1080271
>bullet club
Ruined
>>
>>1080278
I'd rather have him in the midcard, for now, putting on great matches with all the other outlaws than having him wrestle Kane and Big show in the main event of PPVs after winning the title. At least in the midcard the writers don't fuck too much with him. The program with Jericho has been a little nonsensical but it's really the best thing they probably have going at the moment after Dean vs Brock.
>>
>>1079423
>Vince isn't going to allow the "biggest Wrestlemania of all time" to end in 100,000 boos.

HAHAHAHAHAHA yeah that's what you think
>>
>>1079474
he's debuting during the Hell in a Cell match, just like Kane.
>>
>>1080344
Oh yeah. Debut against the Undertaker whom is like 3 heads taller than him. That should work out real good.
>>
>>1080347
he will blow marks minds with the entrance, hit a cool looking move, put shane on taker and leave. no one will care that he's shorter
>>
>>1079442
Sounds good but would keep roman in his state of pushed face and would not help him get over.

He needs to somehow get over, turn heel or be dropped
>>
>>1080347
Worked out alright for Mick
>>
>>1080876
And how is Balor getting in the Cell? He's not Mark Henry or Kane, he's not ripping steel apart.
>>
>>1080901
How did Bray get in?
>>
>>1080925
I don't fucking know I didn't watch a Wyatt feud match, I didn't even know he interfered in one. I'm guessing...mugged the man with the key? Or did he do his lights off BLERGH spot?
>>
>>1080931
> he didn't watch Rollins vs. Ambrose HIAC
>>
>>1080901
Gallows and Anderson are big guys, maybe they can do it.
>>
>>1080901
The demon will break through the cage
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.