[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is "Fat Ronda" a meme? This was her today at SXSW.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 8

Is "Fat Ronda" a meme? This was her today at SXSW. Not the greatest outfit, but she seems in shape.
>>
And another
>>
>>1078752
>>1078750
wow she got fat
loved how mentally weak she is. Her true character was shown when she lost and she's a sore loser, and a fat cow.
>>
>>1078758
Correia plz
>>
>>1078750
>>1078752
It's hard to tell with hat outfit but yes she did gain a significant amount of weight. She was lying in a hospital bed for awhile
>>
Maternity clothes in a new hip Russell Simmons look?
>>
>foot tattoos
>vomitinggirls.jpg
>>
>>1078750

her head looks like a downy
>>
They should get her to star in a Pokeman movie
>>
My beef are the heels, hard to respect a fighter who wears them
>>
She screwed herself over big time. She was on a rocketship to stardom and then the loss came. Very bad timing for her but the way she dealt with it was self destructive.

She should have taken the loss with strength and protected her "character" as a badass at all costs. Instead we got her on fucking Ellen weeping about it and saying she was suicidal. Literally the dumbest shit she could possibly do. She lost her marketability doing that even more than the loss itself.

She's done.
>>
>>1078750
>>1078752
ehh brah, those are clothes FAT WOMEN wear... to , ya know- not look so fat??????????????
>>
File: Disgusted.jpg (100KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusted.jpg
100KB, 640x1136px
That double chin
>>
>>1078750

This isn't WWE, we usually don't discuss the BMI of fighters..

As you probably know, muscles turn into fat quite fast (see old boxers) and Judoka are generally more bulky then for example a kickboxer. But it's nothing a few weeks of training can't fix.

For what it's worth, Ronda has more money than most of us will ever have - and nevertheless I'm pretty sure she will have a comeback. Do you have any idea how many people would watch a rematch against Holm? How much money that would that make them? The UFC will give her any amount to make that happen, but I'm pretty sure she would also do it for free.

Holm devastated and humiliated her at the heigth of her carreer, because Rousey got lazy on her success. And she definately will take revenge for that. Shit, I wouldn't be surprised if she "accidetally" breaks Holms arm or something like that in the rematch..

Just mark my words.
>>
>was in WWE,Furious 7,SNL and Expendables
>throw away everything she got because she couldn't handle a loss
sure some people were taken out during their prime can never bounce back but Ronda was overreacting on her part
>>
>>1079135
she didn't get lazy. she has a shitty striking coach and she fought a bunch of tomato cans
>>
>>1079135
+18
>>
>>1079121
making herself appear more vulnerable and relatable made her infinitely more marketable. her attitude isolated a large population being the "100% badass take no shit" girl which put off a lot of people.

now she appears more 'human' as opposed to thuggish asshole fighting robot. and if she takes the title back it will be an 'inspiring comeback story' making her infinitely more marketable.
>>
File: 1452689127856.jpg (82KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1452689127856.jpg
82KB, 640x960px
>>1079151
didn't realise I said 'infinitely more marketable' twice
>>
File: Rousey-Instagram-1.jpg (73KB, 713x479px) Image search: [Google]
Rousey-Instagram-1.jpg
73KB, 713x479px
Until today I did not realize this was an actual good looking woman. Can we get more pictures like this of her please.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 400x600px
>>
>>1079151
She still looks like a thuggish asshole, but now she looks like a thuggish asshole who can't back up any of her boasts about beating actual fighters and who has amateur level skill in everything but judo
>>
>>1079174
at the risk of sounding like a rousey nut-hugger:

she has up til that point back up all of her boasts. the rousey vs holmes fight was an anomoly, not the norm in her fights - and after the fights anyone with any inkling of interest in the fight had a plethora of reasons rousey lost, and it wasn't because holmes is just flat out a better fighter.

and the fact that miesha tate beat holly holmes just shows the skill that holmes actually has as a fighter.

saying she has 'amateur level skill in everything but judo' means nothing when shes been dominating up until this point. you win or you don't, criticising her for 'variety' is just scrummaging for reasons shes not good at what she does, when she clearly is.
>>
>>1079180
>she has up till that point back up all her boast

No, up to that point she had fought literal who's and she always boasted about being able to compete with male fighters when she wouldn't even be able to stay in the ring with amateur men
>>
>>1079187
>the best bantamweight fighters in the ufc
>literal who's
ok good criticism

you sound a bit salty over nothing tbqh
>>
>>1078750
>>1078752
She's wearing baggy fat girl clothes goof. Please talk to a girl once in your life goof.
>>
>>1079195
>best bantamweight fighter in the ufc
>most of whom had little to no experience prior to the ufc

Super impressive but you saw how she did against somebody with experience, she was full on amateur hour
>>
>>1079197
funny how that someone with experience was beaten by someone else with 'little to no experience' shortly after. almost like shes not an amazing fighter or something
>>
>>1079199
>almost like she's not an amazing fighter

What do you expect from women?

How embarrassing is it that a "once in a lifetime athlete" gets so utterly destroyed by an unremarkable fighter that they contemplate suicide?
>>
>>1079200
Oh ok. At least now I know I'm being trolled here.
>>
>>1079202
I'm glad you are willing to admit defeat on this, the womens division in the ufc is a joke and they tried to protect Rhonda for as long as possible but she lost a lot of her mystique when she got destroyed by the 7th place contender
>>
The amount of hate she's gotten is ridiculous. I hope she can bounce back.

Hopefully Miesha with the belt lights the fire back in her eyes, and hopefully she comes in with a better gameplan against the eventual Holly rematch.
>>
>>1079135
>I wouldn't be surprised if she "accidetally" breaks Holms arm or something like that in the rematch
Unless Rousey puts in a serious amount of work and really changes her training up, she will get destroyed again. Holly made her look like an amateur.
>>
>>1079195
>people who got signed straight from their first boxersize classes to pad out the nearly nonexistent division aren't nobodies

Casual fans get out
>>
>>1079209
>The amount of hate she's gotten is ridiculous.

aww let's see:

-bought for "real" the bs marketable character UFC created for her and thus became a hack

-disrespected her peers

-showed the world she didn't know how to lose with honour

-got outta shape after her "devastating" loss

-goes on TV crying like a baby giving a terrible impression

-finds out a fighter she has beaten before took the title away from the fighter she is terrified of, and now is eager to go back because she knows the cock suckers in charge of her promotion will give her a shot at the belt even if she doesn't deserve it yet.
>>
>>1079209
Some of the criticism is warranted. She was so arrogant and talked all that shit just to get handily knocked out, looking like a total scrub in the process. She needed to be humbled after buying into her own hype.

Nonetheless I do still respect her. She's one of the few high profile women who calls out some of the stupid shit feminists say. I wish more people followed that example.
>>
>>1079238
>some

All

But she is equally retarded when she says she could beat someone like mayweather
>>
>>1079241
Mayweather plays boxing, he doesn't actually fight
Without a point system he'd be fucked
>>
here is why tate will win this time
1. holly exposed the hole in randos game, it isn't the sub par striking it's that if she loses center line control she can't cut angles
2. cupcake stayed in shape and hasn't been porking out for 6 months
>>
>>1078750
>>1078752
>is it a meme?
>Here she is wearing deceptive fat chick clothes and having a clearly fat face

No.
>>
>>1079204
syxist piggu
>>
>>1079354
>>Mayweather plays boxing, he doesn't actually fight
>>Without a point system he'd be fucked

He hasn't had to throw/sit on a real punch in years. If he actually had to light someone up, he still could.

>>1079204
This doesn't change the fact that she was the best of them in a dominating fashion. She fought grapplers and beat them handily, then fought a striker's game against a world champion striker and was exposed. That has more to do with bad strategy and preparation from a shit coach than nullifying her previous accomplishments. Holly Holm had Tate beat until Tate finally made her fight Tate's game.

All I'm getting from this is you REALLY want to hate her and will use any excuse to do so. As already admitted, she bought into her own hype and paid the price. The same could be said about Tyson, who was still a tremendous heavyweight. You could argue that the UFC guys from the earlier days (Shamrock, Rutten, Ortiz, Liddell, etc) had the same issue of finding "quality" opponents and got exposed as the competition around them grew. All it really does is make you sound incredibly petty and bitter when you have such a vitriolic response over an athlete whose existence has no real impact on your life other than "people talk about her and it makes me butthurt."
>>
>>1079420
Run away from any more fights recently?
>>
>>1079420
>she was the best of them

Being the worlds smartest retard is still not impressive
>>
>>1079437
nice strawman there trump
same could be said about Chuck Lidell or Randy Couture if you want to talk about shit divisions.
>>
>>1079460
Other people being shit doesn't make her or her competition less shit, m8
>>
>>1079471
way to fail at logic, The entire UFC LHW division is shit and you get your gay bonnar over them m8 b8
>>
>>1079481
Who says I like the light heavies or ufc at all?

Does having your hero exposed trigger you this badly?
>>
>>1078750
That loss broke this disgusting bitch. She's only going to get fatter from here on out. I so hope Tate's hot ass destroys her, so I never have to hear about this meme fighter again.
>>
>>1078750
She's so gross. Glad Holly Holm an Arian woman beat her; Rondas 1/5 black ew.
>>
>low test everywhere
She looks fine.
>>
>>1080688
>"i haven't been laid so everything is starting to look good to me"
>>
>>1080698
She's not supermodel, but for a women that makes a living getting punched in the head, she's worlds ahead of Holly Hogre (and worlds behind Meisha Tasty)
>>
>>1080488
>Arian
+18
>>
She reallys triggers some people, doesn't she?
>>
>>1079433
Only the monkey loving your hairy baboon of a mother tried to throw on me.

>>1079437

And instinctively saying "shit sux" and supporting it with "because shit sux" still isn't a valid argument.

You can only win against the competition put in front of you. The UFC is and has been considered the pinnacle of MMA competition for about a decade now (not that it's saying much in the grand scheme of things since the development of this brand of MMA is still so young), and she was destroying everyone. There's literally no one else to compare her to. You can talk all you want about how the divisions are shit and awful, but until you can find someone or something of higher quality, you just come off as someone who refuses to acknowledge achievement. All you've done is define what's "bad," until you define what's "good," you don't really have any legitimacy to your claim.

I repeat:

>All it really does is make you sound incredibly petty and bitter.
>>
>>1083480
>yes I have

Lol that's funny, why do you talk shit if you are just going to run like a scared little pussy?
>>
>>1083480
>she wasn't bad because she can crush cans
This is what casual fans believe
>>
>>1083480
>there is literally no one else to compare her to

Because the UFC was too busy snatching up bush league nobodies that didn't have a shot against their cash cow, she was ducking cyborg for a long time

Now that she's been destroyed and lost a lot of the hype surprise surprise they start talking about bringing cyborg to the UFC
>>
>>1083480
Are you the real Wu?
>>
>>1083489
Because I know and you know you won't do anything about it. That and you're apparently too stupid to realize that despite the fact that the real Wu hasn't posted in six months.

>>1083492
Reread what I said and try again.

>>1083500
And who has Cyborg fought that's so impressive? She's got a win against Carano, who had a ton of wins against cans. See, I can belittle and ignore legitimate talent, too.

I'm not saying nor have I ever said Rousey is an all time great or that she wasn't overrated. I'm saying your reactions are so overblown that it makes you sound ignorant.
>>
>>1083537
>your right but I don't like the way you are right

Kek, she's shit m8
>>
>>1083480

Seconding this.

>>1083489

Dude, it's not the original Wu, it's the boxing fag who stole his name.

See this thread here:
boards.4chan.org/asp/thread/1052723/boxing-general-wstcc-ed

>>1083492

>she wasn't bad because she can crush cans

Those "cans" were BJJ black belts or 4-time All-American and National Champion wrestlers..

You fail to comprehend that they looked like cans because Ronda was just plain good. SO good that she became overly confidential and got beaten by someone who put a lot of effort in studying Ronda, her favorite tactics, her stregths and weaknesses and so on. Holm even trained with other Judoka to get the hang of withstanding Rondas favorite takedowns. And still she almost got taken to the ground.

Don't get me wrong, Ronda became a terribly arrogant person at some point. But she payed for it big time with a broken jaw, and claiming the she was a can crusher is just ridiculous..
>>
>>1083547
>She's shut

Compared to what and whom.
>>
File: she'sfat.jpg (250KB, 1077x892px) Image search: [Google]
she'sfat.jpg
250KB, 1077x892px
SHE'S FAT!
>>
File: 4567890-0987654.jpg (79KB, 492x522px) Image search: [Google]
4567890-0987654.jpg
79KB, 492x522px
>>1078750
She might not be fat be she looks potato as fuck
>>
>>1083480
I want to say that there's a bantamweight fighter in Japan that could beat Rousey, but I'm not big on WMMA so I can't remember who she is off the top of my head. UFC definitely has good talent but every fight is a moneyweight fight. It's hard to actually tell how good some of the fighters are.
>>
>>1079167
> pictures like this
You mean fake pictures
>>
>>1079151
I still fucking hate her...watching her wreck her opponents was entertaining but her attitude made me want to see the humiliating loss that Holly Holm ended up handing to her...shame Holly couldn't hold onto the title though now to some i might almost make Rousey losing to her look like a fluke rather than her a matter of her arrogance coming back and biting her on the ass.
>>
>>1085112
Why do people like McGregor then?
>>
>>1084514
You're probably right. There's probably plenty of people who can beat Rhonda. Just like there's probably plenty of people who can beat Cris Cyborg, and Gina Carano, and Holly Holm, and Miesha Tate. My point was that it doesn't suddenly make them a no-talent hack who only fought cans until then.

>It's hard to actually tell how good some of the fighters are.

See, you get it. What some of the other posters here fail to grasp is that the margin of victory in a fight is razor thin. This isn't pro wrestling or anime where a fighter easily brushes off another and waves their hand and can win. It takes months of training and strategizing to have a chance to beat another combatant. That's why dominating wins like Rousey's are so celebrated, praised, and hyped. She went up against the best another competitor had and made it look easy.

That's why Mayweather gets shitshamed by most non-boxing fans who don't understand how the science works. It's really, REALLY easy to cut off lanes and smother someone who's trying to play the run-and-hug game. It's nearly impossible to do that to someone who's defense is so good that you can't hit with at least one solid punch.
>>
>>1078750
basically the problem with Ronda is that her walking weight is basically her fight weight. She fights at the bantamweight, when really she SHOULD be fighting in at least the flyweight even if she were to just do a watercut, it's not that hard. Just look at Conor McGregor: the catchweight for his last fight was 170 lbs, which is more around the walking weight of your average physically in shape 5'8" man (I'm 5'8" and hover around the 160-165 range at 12% bf), but his fight before then he had to cut down to 145.
The whole "it's harmful for women to cut down below 15% bf is basically a meme, and when you look at somebody like Holmes, it's just obvious Ronda just doesn't want to take the time or effort to drop down a weight class or two despite how beneficial to her career it may prove to be. The problem is that the general height discrepancies that have become inherent to men's weight categories i.e. 6 footers usually fight at 160-180, while people McGregor''s height usually fight around the 145-155 range hasn't really been cemented in the women's weight categories, which is why somebody like that quasi-midget Rin Nakai still thinks it's a good idea for her to be buff as shit and fighting at the bantamweight class despite her distinct height disadvantage.
The sooner these generally accepted requisites for what determines a male's preferred weight class become the norm for females, the better.
>>
>>1085750

All this weight cutting and optimizing just to get slightly easier opponents is what really destroys sports. It's only a close step to the "You should 'roid as much as possible, as long you don't get caught" mentality.

Also don't forget that the female fighter pool is much smaller in MMA. It's difficult to have stong matches in every weight class, so I could imagine some people were interested in Ronda's max weight class.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.