[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why people hate reigns?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8

File: roman-reigns-6.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
roman-reigns-6.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
So i haven't been watching WWE for last 5 years but yesterday i checked some video's of raw and PPV from last month found that this guy called roman reigns gets booed for some reason
>>
>>1074059
They're envious of how successul and handsome he is. He's a great man to take WWE into the 2020s.
>>
>>1074061
also what happened to the guy named CM Punk ?
he was the hottest topic while i was watching WWE 5 years ago ?
>>
>>1074067
He was unsatisfied with his treatment and felt he was being shafted, so he left and has now went into UFC.
>>
>>1074061
> successful
> gotten violently shat on by crowds for 15 months

Yeah, I'm real jelli of that.
>>
>>1074069
Ah! i see then returning to the post
So Basically Roman is the new John Cena ?
>>
>>1074073
Do you have the reason on why he is hated??
>>
>>1074075
Without any of Cena's charisma, yes.
>>
>>1074077
Because he's getting pushed like God despite being little better than Alex Riley.
>>
>>1074078
>charisma
So people aren't drawn to him?
but people a giving extreme reaction when he is shown compared to other wrestler right now
>>
>>1074084
The reactions come from angsty neckbeards. The average fan doesn't much care about him.
>>
>>1074059
Those aren't boos. He's "the big dog", so people mark out for him by going "arooo". (If you don't believe me, watch a few of his matches. Reigns does the dog howl himself.)
>>
>>1074084
Go back to bed Vince.
>>
>>1074069
Actually it was due to a fuckup with the doctors and him working literally near death with an untreated staph infection more than anything. He never left because he didn't get something, he just literally stopped even liking wrestling.
>>
>>1074084
Ambrose is far more over than Reigns, in the right way, despite getting nowhere close to as great of a push.
>>
>>1074084
He's kind of like a target for all the unhappiness towards the booking, kind of like Cena used to be. The problem is he doesn't have the charisma to also get all the marks behind him, the loudest reactions he gets are by people who don't like him, and he's meant to be the face of the company going into the biggest WM ever. Things have gotten so bad they are actually HIDING him from the fans and not letting him be on RAW on the road to Wrestlemania.
>>
He's dreadfully boring and flat as a face, and is in no way ready for the role WWE wants to put him in. It doesn't help they they'll feed a face that's more popular than him and every heel on the roster to try to get him over.
>>
>>1074094
i see and i saw daniel bryan getting retired and he was getting a better ovation from the crowd
is he over with the fans compared to other people or is it that respect for him as a wrestler ?
>>
>>1074094
> implying to get pushed means he has to win the WHC

He is in every second main event of Raw or Smackdown.
He will face Brock Lasner at WM.
He gets more TV time than any other.
The only one who gets pushed harder is Reigns.
>>
>>1074100
>He's kind of like a target for all the unhappiness towards the booking, kind of like Cena used to be. The problem is he doesn't have the charisma to also get all the marks behind him, the loudest reactions he gets are by people who don't like him, and he's meant to be the face of the company going into the biggest WM ever. Things have gotten so bad they are actually HIDING him from the fans and not letting him be on RAW on the road to Wrestlemania.

He does look like a guy who can become a great heel tho
>>
>>1074110
he is getting pushed but not as the face of the company like how reigns is
>>
>>1074104
Daniel Bryan was adored by the fans
>>
Because he got pushed over a literally dead Daniel Bryan who was then forced to retire due to his health

Because he's not a manlet or ugly
>>
>>1074112
Yeah I think that is the best route for him. He has a natural assholeish sort of quality to him that could be tapped. His current character just isn't working at all.
>>
>>1074059
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z55UrEEooh8
>>
>>1074324
This video honestly makes me feel ill.
>>
>>1074100
This to be honest.

People blame Roman when the majority of blame should be placed on Vince and the creative team.
>>
>>1074324
>>1074337

The worst part is the wink to the camera after the succotash, you know there had been some debate backstage if he was even capable of saying something that complex, he was so proud just managing to get it out.
>>
>>1074342
People forget, but when Cena has been in these situations, the mic in his hand in front of a crowd that is SUPPOSED to be on his side for the storyline but are booing him to shit, he has the talent to at least make a meaningful promo out of it, he doesn't change people's minds but he works with what he has and does something that is compelling and makes sense. But Cena is one of the best mic workers in the company, and Roman, while not the very worst, is no way near good enough to salvage the shit booking and awful writing he is given.

>>1074324
Even naturals on the mic like Cena or Ambrose would find this shit difficult desu senpai.
>>
I hadn't watched since 2008 and my friend made me watch this year's Rumble and I thought he was the top heel.
>>
>>1074360
Increasingly he kind of is.
>>
>>1074059
hes not very good on the mic, his push feels forced, and people would rather see more talented guys like dbry last year and ambrose this year get the spot hes has.
>>
People Reigns is better on the mic than:
AJ Styles, Cesaro, Curtis Axel, Damien Sandow (except in original gimmick), Darren Young, Dolph Ziggler, Eric Rowan, Fandango, Jack Swagger, Kofi Kingston, Neville, Tyler Breeze, Finn Balor, Apollo Crews, Baron Corbin, Colin Cassady

Probably others who I'm not familiar with.
>>
>>1074360
>WWE getting that kind of heat on their heels
I don't believe you watched in 2008.
>>
>>1074353
This is pretty much the right answer

Watch John Cena's contract negotiations with Bryan and Punk and, while he often falls into saying the same things again an again (even when he's srs Cena), the crowd is against him but he cuts a very memorable promo hyping the match.

Reigns is incapable of having everyone in the crowd hate him or love him. No one is buying "Roman sucks!" shirts en masse. People don't hate him he's just stale and pushed too hard and the people that like him barely like him. He's vanilla without being even remotely as polarizing as Cena.

>>1075062

Axel, Sandow, Young, Ziggler, Neville, Kofi and big Cass have all cut better and more memorable promos than Reigns has.
>>
>>1075081
Axel is shit, Sandow is shit without his gimmick, Ziggler is complete liquid dogshit and don't even try to deny it, Nevilly has a stupid accent, Kofi is carried by the New Day and Big Cass gets to practice more and does the same promo every week.
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 625x626px
>>
>>1075102
Still better than Reigns, kid.
>>
>>1074059

His credibility started to drop off as soon as he started doing promos. He's awful on the mic. Technically, he's a decent wrestler but has shitty finishers.
>>
File: beleebdat.webm (695KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
beleebdat.webm
695KB, 500x441px
>>
>>1074100
>the biggest wrestlemania ever
Why does this keep being said and why don't I see any inkling that it's supposed to be true?
>>
File: 1456519747237.jpg (32KB, 448x545px) Image search: [Google]
1456519747237.jpg
32KB, 448x545px
Mick foley telling anyone that wrestling someone is a bad idea
>>
>>1075062
Almost all of those are better on the mic than Reigns, jesus fuck.
>>
>>1076248
In terms of attendance it's likely to be the greatest, that's all that it means.
>>
>>1076831
he writes children's book what do you want
>>
>>1075870
his finishers are basic but pretty cool, to me

You know, the kind that you can pull off in every situation, without needing a weird setup

Kinda like Orton's RKO or Undertaker's/Bigshow's/Kane's Chockeslams
>>
>>1075870
Technical wise he is so, so limited. He can hit his spots well if he has a match heavily choreographed for him, but he has so few moves he can even do.
>>
Daniel Bryan fanboys needed to think of someone else to accuse of being a Cena copy to distract everyone from realizing who the bigger Cena copy is.
>>
>>1075062
>Kofi
>bad on the mic
wut
>>
>>1079029
New Day carries him on the mic. Without them to talk with he's pretty bad.
>>
>>1079018
Kek, this is a fresh meme
>>
>>1079018
> Bryan literally retired
> still blaming him for BBYGRRRL sucking
>>
>>1079052
How does the GOAT work anti-smarks into such a frenzy despite wrestling for three months in the last year and a half?
>>
>>1079055
Because he triggers so many of their insecurities
>>
>>1074059
Not very talented.
Pushed because he's related to the Rock
Doesn't have the skills or charisma to be the top guy.
Reigns Is extremely green, and is being pushed too hard and too soon. I say give him another year or 2 to groom him, then try the push.
>>
>>1079112
But he's shown almost no improvement over the past 2 years as it is
>>
>>1079055
>GOAT

>anti-smarks

>>/wooo/
>>
File: The GOAT sees an anti smark.gif (2MB, 245x175px) Image search: [Google]
The GOAT sees an anti smark.gif
2MB, 245x175px
>>1079222
>>
>>1074059

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8LBlDK08XQ&ab_channel=SethSkinner
>>
>>1079268

Don't ever ever reply to me or my son again
>>
Because with today's generation of wrestling fans, it's always cool to hate the top face. Even though eventually they regret it (ie: Cena).
>>
>>1079112

At that rate he'll be too old to be pushed.
>>
This board used to be good when it was skateboarding and karate.

Now it's only WWE and it's one of the worst.
>>
>>1075062
Holy fuck are you for real retarded?

None of those guys, save for Balor and Ziggler, get any noticeable mic time. How the fuck can he be better than people who don't get to talk?

If anything, the ones who don't talk are better than him.
>>
>>1074059
is it the shadow or is his hairline getting thinner, ie balding?
>>
>>1079270
Don't you mean your wife's son?
>>
>>1079291
>used to be good
Lol it wasn't, mostly mc dojo threads and fighting over trivial stuff
>>
>>1079349
You're thinking of dean, roman isn't balding.
>>
File: orly.png (2MB, 1327x840px) Image search: [Google]
orly.png
2MB, 1327x840px
>>1079364
>>
I do not hate Roman Reigns, but I do not like his character.
All of the above IMHO, but for him the best way is a big evil son of a bitch, who says little and good hits.
But we also see the new Baby-Face
It is sad
>>
>>1075870
Reign's dad never did promos except for the occasional grunt.
>>
I just want to point out a LITERAL piece of wood, got a bigger pop on Raw this week than Roman Reigns returning.
>>
>>1074059

Roman is like that former high school sports star who graduated, but still wears the letter jacket and keeps showing up to school years later just to hang out. Seth and Dean moved on. New gear, new entrance. Roman just holds on to it long past its time. He talks about the same old shit. Cena does the same thing, but at least Cena visits a ton of sick kids, puts over talent, and sells a shit ton of merchandise for the company. Roman is like Cena without any of the plus sides
>>
>>1079364
he'll be bald by the time he's 40, look at the rock nigga
>>
>>1081681
So he's basically main roster A-Ry?
>>
>>1074059
Pushed too hard, too soon.

Booked like a carefree badass when he's a timid, caring daddy who reached his peak as a strong, silent tweener type.

Wrestles the WWE style to the T, not enough flippy shit to get the smarks wet.

Has a limited number of moves he performs reliably and well. For some reason they get taken away at random, so he's always under the impression that he has no moves.

CM Punk buried him in a podcast, the WWE did North Korean tier propaganda to try and get him over which only made things worse.
>>
>>1081761
>not enough flippy shit to get the smarks wet.

Must be why "smarks" like Ambrose, Big E + Rusev better than him.

"flippy shit"
>>
>>1081761
Oh yeah, and his promos are shit, but as >>1075102 said, he's sadly not the worst of the bunch. Just not very gifted, and the atrocious writing only exacerbates his flaws.
>>
>>1081771
I'd rather listen to any of them on the stick than BBYGRRRL.

(And you would, too.)
>>
>>1081770
Neither of the last two have the feverish kind of smark support you're suggesting, and Ambrose was in da indiez.
>>
>>1081773
If you like stuffing your ears with shit, mate, I can only wish you well in life.
>>
>>1081775
Big E isn't over as fuck? You sure?

The point was, they're all liked far more than Reigns. As are literally DOZENS of guys just in the WWE.

>and Ambrose was in da indiez.

CZW is a niche even among the IWC hardcore.
>>
>>1081778
> implying that a Reigns promo is any better
>>
>>1081681
It doesn't help when Roman legit doesn't care about the Business or Fans.
>>
>>1081761
>CM Punk buried him in a podcast

He only said positive things about the Shield guys
>>
>>1081779
Ambrose was in a lot more than just CZW, feds were showering him with titles by the end, once his promos had created all that huge buzz.
>>
>>1074086
that's worse,
if the casuals don't care,
he won't sell
>>
Because he and Titus O'Neil haven't formed a tag team called "The Jacksonville Jaguars"
>>
>>1081975

Wat
>>
File: 7765.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
7765.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>1074324

>I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt... yea, yeah... no, I'm not sorry
>>
File: Cb7z_IkXIAED33s.jpg (106KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cb7z_IkXIAED33s.jpg
106KB, 900x1200px
YOU CALL YOURSELF "THE GAME"

THATS FUNNY

CUZ STANDING HERE IN FRONT OF ME U LOOKIN MORE LIKE "THE LAME" MY MAN

AND AT WRESTLEMANIA IMMA DUN COCK THIS HERE FIST AND PUNCH U RIGHT IN THE MOUF

SUFFERIN SUCCOTASH SON U GOTTA BELEE DAT
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.