[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The State of TNA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

File: tna.jpg (441KB, 977x650px) Image search: [Google]
tna.jpg
441KB, 977x650px
>Mr Anderson failed a drug test and is fired
>Kurt Angle is leaving
>Lashley's MMA career is going well and would leave TNA in a heart beat if UFC offered him a deal
>Jeff Hardy has said that he wants his his career to end in WWE he's 38 now so I don't think it will be long until he returns
TNA will have as much star power as ROH after these guys go I'm not surprised that there are rumors that Dixie is trying to sell the company
>>
Would WWE even take that degenerate junkie back? Especially now that he's old and shit.
>>
>>1072020
Jeff was selling a lot of merch before he left , Vince would probably hire him back for that reason and maybe to make a new DVD or some shit like that to sell.
>>
>>1072020
Little jimmies and Indian marks love him
>>
>>1072020

He's based and not even a junkie anymore.
>>
>>1072007
TNA's doing this weird thing now where they build their own stars. Sure, their platform has limited reach, but they actually know how to get their guys over.
>>
>>1073209
Do they? I'm kinda weirded out that although LU's fucking awesome, almost everyone under a mask is already wrestler elsewhere in the indies and just throws on a mask for their tapings, like Prince Puma/Mil Muertes.

This is literally the first Lucha Libre I've ever watched, maybe it's pretty common for promotions to ask folks to make up masks and stories just for their promotion, but it just makes more sense in my head to hire masked wrestlers to play masked wrestlers, nah mean?

Not that any of this is remotely on topic, but seriously, fuck TNA.
>>
>>1072085
Once a junkie, always a junkie.
>>
>>1073225
>Do they?
Yes. EC3 (who's basically in the Roman Reigns spot) gets a solid to big babyface reaction every time he walks out.

>LU not on topic
Correct. Take the soap opera stuff elsewhere.
>>
i wonder whose fucking dixie good.

She is rich as fuck she doesn't need TNA
>>
>>1073253
How's ol' Crazy Legs doing as heel champ? Getting heat?
>>
>>1073271
He's doing OK. His broken down seedy stockbroker gimmick is really easy to hate and he's good at acting like (or just being) a smug entitled ass.

But they just turned Lashley pretty effectively, so I can't really say that Hardy is the top heel in the company, despite the belt.
>>
>>1072007
ROH has far, far more starpower than TNA

> Mr. Anderson
> starpower
>>
>>1073225
Mil Muertes isn't over because of his previous work and guys like Drago, Fenix or Pentagon Jr effectively count as homegrowns.
>>
>>1073971
Yeah, with the exception of Texano, Hernandez, and El Patron I don't think they've relied on previous success at all. I mean they've not hidden that Johnny's pretty well known in the wrestling world, but they never mention his successes outside the temple, just his parkour ability.
The rest I have to claim ignorance on, I was a very casual WWE observer before finding LU. I know Cage existed as Brian Cage, but only because of Google. People like The Mack might as well have only existed in the LU universe, I don't know him from outside it at all. Indy fans probably do.
>>
>>1073969
Who do they have with more starpower than Mr Anderson?
>>
>>1073997
Well, he's not with the company anymore.
>>
>>1073997
Somebody who actually drew a dime at one point in their careers?
>>
>>1074052
>doesnt even answer the question
ROH does not have more star power than TNA you mong, The Hardy Boyz alone are bigger than the entirety of ROH.
>>
>>1073253

>comparing one scripted television show to another
>>
>>1073997

Jay Lethal was fucking wasted as a comedy jobber(along with Consequences Creed aka. Xavier Woods) in TNA and now he is ROH World Champ.
>>
>>1074106

>young bucks
>not relevant

tnamark pls go
>>
>>1074120
>ROH put their belt on a comedy jobber from TNA
>they got lots of star power, guys!

Please try harder.
>>
>>1074120
I fucking hate Jay Lethal, one guy i can't see any of the hype in.
>>
>>1074122
Not a lethal mark but I would say the same shit about EC3...
>>
>>1074133
>tna reject = wwe reject
'no'
>>
>>1074121
>your post
>relevant to anything i said
Shitposter kys
>>
>>1072007
I don't think Lashley would go to UFC. Not when he got that sweet, main card, non-exclusive contracts with Bellator and be able to generate more revenue from banner and patches on his pants (unlike UFC)
>>
No way Lashley goes to UFC anytime soon and them turning him like they did last week (pretty effective) was evidence that he'll be around for some time. As far as Jeff is concerned, I don't know if he'll get back to WWE with his record (can't even leave the country). All you need is TMZ to bring up his or Matt's past and Vince will shit his pants. I think their roster is fine for now, there's less yo-yoing than usual atleast. The X-Division is in a bad way though and the knockouts are beyond stale. If ROH aren't careful they'll end up losing people they haven't locked down properly like ACH, Jonathan Grisham, Kelly Klein etc. to TNA like how they lost Taven.
>>
File: okada4.jpg (15KB, 366x550px) Image search: [Google]
okada4.jpg
15KB, 366x550px
>>1074120
TNA is also the company that made a joke out of OKADA
>>
>>1072007
You forgot how TNA currently films several episodes of Impact at once to save money, because they can't afford to pay their talent on a week to week basis.

TNA has been on life support for quite some time now.
>>
>>1074120
How was he a comedy jobber? Didn't he win the X-Division Title like 6-7 times?
>>
>>1074257
>can't even leave the country
Why?
>>
>>1074305
>still not realising retards on here exaggerate everything because theyre mostly over-dramatic teenagers
senpai
>>
>>1074124
My nigga.
>>
>>1074257
>like how they lost Taven
Taven is hurt though.
>>1074313
Jeff is a druggie.
>>
>>1072007
>>Mr Anderson failed a drug test and is fired
can someone explain what the point of drug tests are in wrasslin?
>>
>>1080199
Victory Road '11 enough said.
>>
>>1074178
Jay lethal have more it than derik bateman...
>>
File: ec3lethal.jpg (85KB, 860x568px) Image search: [Google]
ec3lethal.jpg
85KB, 860x568px
>>1081551
Lethal's talented but, as the chart here indicates, he's not over. The gap's even bigger if you look at worldwide trends, but that's misleading due to where Lethal gets exposure.

Speaking of overness, the last Impact was pretty good. Despite people saying that things would go sour after the end of the UK tour, TNA produced a good flow, a good crowd, and good matches.
>>
>>1073253
Yep, since around 2014, TNA have been good and sometimes great.

And yeah, they've been building new stars. EC3 and Rockstar Spud's feud is something that WWE should study to see how you build people up. they started as goofy heels and became serious main event wrestlers in just six months.

Also, Lashley, Wolves, Tigre Uno, Taryn, Havok, Trevor Lee, Eli Drake, Drew Galloway, Jade, Matt Hardy, etc have all been given sustained pushes. whether you like them or not, you can't deny that TNA isn't trying to build new faces.

current TNA is much better than anything WWE is putting out and yes that includes NXT.

I still feel the X-division is just lacking something, they need a bit more personality there.
>>
>>1081584
I haven't caught much of Uno's push, but I do feel like he lacks credibility due to the shallowness of the X-Division. Not much the bookers can do about that, though.
>>
>>1074106
Tanahashi
Okada
>>
>>1081584
Drew was misused to the point of travesty in WWE. I hope he gets a not-quite-indy heavyweight title somewhere someday. Probably next year as El Highlander in LU
>>
>>1081639
If he wasn't in TNA the likes of NJPW or ROH would be all over him
>>
>>1081619
They are not RoH
>>
>>1081729
Yet they wrestle on most of their major shows
>>
>>1081639
If you like Galloway, why don't you watch Impact?
>>
>>1081780

Because TNA is even worse than WWE.
>>
>>1081792
Gotta say not me, but exactly what I would have said.
>>
>>1081792
>>1081795
They're certainly better about using Galloway than WWE. Hes the new TNA heavyweight champion.
>>
>>1081733
Tanahashi has only wrestled on the ROH anniversary shows (2 matches) and the Honor Rising shows (another 2). A total of 4 matches. I would hardly call that wrestling for every major ROH show. Okada is basically the same.
>>
>>1081639
>TNA
>indie
>>1081792
How can one person be so wrong?
>>
File: Untitled.png (17KB, 405x625px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
17KB, 405x625px
>>1073225
No they don't. Their most prolific homegrown talent is wrestling for the tag team titles. Don't believe the lies that TNA is somehow getting better because it's not.
>>
>>1082707
>too worked up to even make a coherent reply
I don't buy you as an authority on the subject, champ.
>>
>>1080199
to fire people you dont want working for you anymore
>>
>>1081555
Why is Lethal a professional wrestler but EC3 is an actor?
>>
>>1082791
You'd have to ask Google. Their labeling system is really inconsistent. Bret Hart's a Writer, Steve Austin's an Actor, but Hogan's still a Wrestler. I did some searches to see that they meant Michael Hutter, and it's definitely the tag Google associates with him.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.