[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of "green hunting", aka "ca

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 4

File: 2017-08-04 22.53.06.jpg (176KB, 483x483px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-04 22.53.06.jpg
176KB, 483x483px
What do you think of "green hunting", aka "catch and release hunting" where the animal is shot with a tranquilizer dart for sport?

Is it needless animal cruelty, or a preferable alternative to shoot-to-kill recreational hunting?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2015/05/150514-catch-release-hunting-green-bongo-conservation-animals/
>>
It might be a bad idea.

Instead of replacing traditional hunting, green hunting might create a new sport for people who would've never tried traditional hunting in the first place because they don't like the idea of killing animals.

But that's just a speculation.
>>
seems like repeatedly tranqing an animal might have some negative effects on it's liver or something
>>
>>2447970
I too think it would attract a new audience instead of hunters.

At the end of the day it is the kill that makes a hunt a hunt.
>>
>>2447966
Sounds fun, except that too much tranquilizer can be bad for an animal's health
>>
Seems stupid. Does anyone actually prefer that? I don't mind people using fancy, high tech or high powered guns when people say using them isn't 'real hunting' since I think that's more human that snaring, trapping, bow hunting or spearing them. It's over quick and easy with a good shot rather than losing your arrow in a buck that you can't find.
There's no trophy in this. Most people who hunt may get a thrill out of it but the pay off is food and/or a trophy.

Getting tranq'd repeatedly can't be good for them. If they actually had to tag an animal or it needed some sort of medical thing, yeah why not bring along a hunter then for a few extra bucks.

I can imagine this being a thing for humans for the novelty. Hunting humans his way. With all parties consenting, I mean. Dont imagine it'd catch on that much but you know there would be people into being let loose naked in the wild and getting hunted down and I know for damn sure there's people who want to hunt them. I wouldn't but I would I'd pay to come along and watch.
>>
>>2447966
unless you know the exact weight of the animal being hunted the dart will usually either not work or kill the animal.

We have all those tv shows with Marlin Perkins where they tranq animals all day every day. In real life those were edited to skip the misses and the kills. Tranquilizer guns aren't that effective. They often kill.
>>
>>2448080
Also good point. Even humans getting put under the knife is very risky. Happens all the time with humans and animals. Joan Rivers died from a fuck up with that.
>>
>>2447966
Why doesn't murder become legal so humans can quench their blood lust legally and on their own species. Get suicidal people to agree to live on these South African game ranches and be housed and fed, and occasionally let loose to run to be hunted down by paying men with guns who pride themselves on it being a clean kill, so they die quickly. Win/win for everybody

Animals have more will to live than a lot of people these days, it's just not fair
>>
so it's like nature photography but you also get to hurt the animals real bad? it should be allowed only if the "hunters" are put on a list that keeps them from owning pets or going too close to schools
>>
I want to go the Serengeti and paintball lions.
>>
>>2447966
Nothing wrong with shoot-to-kill hunting as long as you're doing so legally and you don't just toss the carcass away.
>>
Is it instant?
Does the effectiveness depend on where you hit the animal?
I can't imagine it'd be anywhere near as enjoyable/rewarding as normal shooting and would probably be too expensive.
>>
>>2448183
>Is it instant?
The article gives the quote: “He ran for about five minutes, then got wobbly legs and went down.”
So no.

It's up to debate what the animal is thinking during those 5 minutes. Dread at the unfamiliar feeling of sudden unexplainable weakness? Or just a weird feeling of sleepiness?
>>
wouldn't plenty of the animals still die from being preyed on while they're tranquilized? seems like you're condemning them to some horrible death instead of just shooting them.
>>
>>2447966
There is no such thing as "green" hunting. Hunting does not need to exist, it's not beneficial to the animals and it's just enabling psychopaths. It's bad for the environment no matter how you break it down. All "positives" in hunting are hunter propaganda. "Oh but muh hunters fund parks" - yeah and they only do what hunters want as a result and fail to actually work for conservation.
>>
>>2448557
I think you are confused about what preservation and conservation are.
>>
>>2448557
You're literally retarded. Hunting pays the majority of the money that goes into actual conservation.
>>
>>2448562
Amoral psycho detected.

>>2448567
I just explained this, retard.
>>
>>2448567
And by the way, ACTUAL conservation is shit like the Nature Conservancy, or the Species Survival Program which is NOT majority funded by hunters. Hunter "conservation" is "preserving" a second growth forest and a fallow field and releasing non-native pheasants, while spreading chronic wasting disease from deer farms so hunters can have game parks. That's NOT conservation. And frankly, there's little left to conserve in this country because most of America's ancestral habitat has been destroyed. It's more about restoration now.
>>
>>2448572
No it's not conservation is maintaining a natural resource so you can exploit it.
>>
>>2448572
But of course, I'm wasting my breath. Intelligence, understanding and honesty in regard to any topic are now bizarre and stupid people are loud and proud now, so no amount of actual facts are going to ever resolve this. Society needs to collapse so hunters can be hunted. That's all that's going to solve the fucking human plague.
>>
>>2448575
Exactly.
>>
>>2448576
>Society needs to collapse so hunters can be hunted
The edge
>>2447991
>>
>>2448576
We will just have unregulated hunting if that happens.
>>
>>2448576
Muh evil humans. Unironically kill yourself then faggot
>>
>>2448583
Yeah, of humans.

>>2448585
You are fucking evil.
>>
>>2448588
I don't understand how you think people will agree with you being anti hunting if you are pro human genocide?
>>
>>2448588
And youre a little bitch numale faggot that has to virtue signal about your own species being evil. Get off your high horse you urban pussy. Kill yourself
If humans are so evil do the world a favor and drink some bleach
>>
>>2448589
You aren't listening. I've acknowledged I'm wasting my breath. The age of the idiot is upon us. There is no making things right through conversation. You're just going to have to be allowed to destroy yourselves and then I'll clean up. Just keep being you and wrecking shit. You'll suffer the most for it.
>>
>>2448590
Blah blah blah fuck off faggot.
>>
>>2448595
Come on little guy. You know youre a part of the ultimate evil. You sure as fuck arent saving anything in your moms suburban house.
Go ahead and kill yourself to save nature.
>>
>>2448592
Great, we got a guy RPing an AI or trans human
>>
>>2448599
Be delusional all you want. Your own self-destructive tendencies ensure you're on the way out. Nobody will miss you.
>>
>>2448600
Remind your mummy to pick up the vegan hot pockets
>>
>>2448177
Nothing wrong with shoot-to-kill human hunting as long as laws are passed to make it legal (because legal = right) and you don't just toss the carcass away. Always eat your human prey.
>>
>>2448602
>this little bitch pretending he doesnt cry at the sight of a gun
>>
Why are the hippies being so edgy?
>>
>>2448603
I'll never be afraid of humans.

>>2448604
Not a hippy.
>>
>>2448605
Not a hippie. A virtue signalling faggot that will never accomplish anything in his meaningless pussified schizophrenic existence full of delusions of grandeur and supreme morality.
Kill yourself
>>
>>2447966
If similar detrimental effects upon catch and release fish are present in this scenario, I'd say actual kill hunting is much better. This seems like it could kill an animal through stress, a much more cruel way to go than just getting shot long range in the head.
>>
>>2448644
>But we both know that humans will be as evil as they're allowed to be, so you'll just have to be destroyed instead of reasoned with.
Stop RPing
>>
File: sakuraya_genso_3_by_tokyogenso.jpg (270KB, 900x637px) Image search: [Google]
sakuraya_genso_3_by_tokyogenso.jpg
270KB, 900x637px
>>2448647
>Human self-implosion is fake! LARPer!
Lol. Won't you be surprised then?
>>
>>2448644
Youre a human too faggot. Even though youre a complete embarrassment and a poor excuse for one.
>>
>>2448650
Hardly.
>>
>>2448652
Kill yourself
>>
>>2448654
Never. I will be the last human.
>>
>>2448656
Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1478062552505.gif (970KB, 500x225px) Image search: [Google]
1478062552505.gif
970KB, 500x225px
>>2448658
I find this age so accommodating of schadenfreude.
>>
>>2448660
Im the voice in your head. Stop responding to yourself and end your life.
>>
File: 471a7929f.png (68KB, 557x592px) Image search: [Google]
471a7929f.png
68KB, 557x592px
>>2448662
No U. Ask your doctor if percocet is right for you.
>>
>>2448665
Kill yourself
>>
>>2448644
>>2448649
>shits on one esoteric bullshit "kekposting" to jump on another esoteric bullshit "GAIA WILL GET YOU ALL STUPID HUMANS"

God, it's like you swap religions like clothing. Do you even have real beliefs, or is it all about going against le trend?
>>
>>2448668
>The collapse of human society is "esoteric"
Lol this fag.
>>
>>2448671
Kill yourself.
>>
So harassing animals is now sport?

Either kill and eat an animal or leave it alone.
>>
>>2448112
Hunting isn't bloodlust normaly.
It stems from the natural instinct to hunt prey.

Hunters take no joy in causing pain to the animals.
>>
>>2448675
>It stems from the natural instinct to hunt prey.
>This isn't bloodlust
>>
>>2448671
>LE WORLD IS ENDING! PRAISE THE SKY FATHER TO STOP IT! SKKKKYY FAATHHHERR

Literally no difference between now and 1AD.

Sad! You cretins wish this morass would end in such a bang. It would save us from ourselves.

We will not be saved from ourselves.
>>
>>2448070
If someone told me they'd shoot me with a 75mg ketamine dart and all I had to do was run, you bet your ass I'd be out there getting tranq'd up.
>>
>>2448677
>SKKKKYY FAATHHHERR
The fuck you talking about, dumb monkey? The only world coming to an end is the human world.
>>
>>2448066
Would we expect that same animal to be captured again and again?

>>2448080
Maybe they would be ok with possibly killing the animals? They are already ok with putting them in some danger.

>>2448557
lol, noice one. 10/10
>>
>>2448781
Sky father, GAIAmeme, Kek himself - all just memes you cretins worship because you can't handle the fact this species' damnation will come by its own hand or not at all.
>>
>>2448025
Why
>>
>>2448677
>Sad!
Mister President?
>>
Why can't you just use a camera instead of a gun?
>>
>>2448675
>Hunting isn't bloodlust normaly.
it's sadism
>It stems from the natural instinct to hunt prey.
that's called bloodlust you dumb bitch
>Hunters take no joy in causing pain to the animals.
they for sure do
>>
>>2449452
they can't finish until the animal is very still
>>
>>2449457
Are you vegan?
>>
>>2449464
vegetarian
>>
>>2447966
Do they tag them for science and keeping track of herding patterns or something? Because unless it is being done for extra shit like that then it is retarded.
>>
>>2449377
Apparently there's nothing that compares to the rush of you losing a part of your soul by killiing another living being.
>>
>>2448177
>I don't need to think ethically about the results of my own actions as long as I follow the law
>>
>>2448177
I can literally smell the amerifag
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.