[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the deal with Sit Means Sit Dog training? The differ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: logo.png (3KB, 266x60px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
3KB, 266x60px
What is the deal with Sit Means Sit Dog training? The difference in the behavior of the dogs from just one week boarding is insane. They go from out of control to being cool, calm, and collected. They briefly touch upon a collar they use to get the dogs attention.

Are they basically just destroying the dogs will power or something? I'm specifically looking at the Massachusetts location. They have insanely good facebook reviews. But what's the catch? Are they beating these dogs and people don't see?

>facebook.com sitmeanssitmass/
>http://www.sitmeanssitmass.com/

I currently have a lab pointer mix whoI have taught to sit, paw, stay, and a couple other commands around the house. But I can't take him out in public or he just pulls like crazy and loses his shit. The program is starting to look tempting, should you guys talk me out of this?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAoNtOzmW2Y

ARE THEY LYING TO ME IN THIS VIDEO ANONS
>>
I looked at nothing of theirs but more than half of dogs can be trained to chill the fuck out.

They're just dumb puppies for their entire life. You have to adjust them to situations and let them know what is and isn't ok for you and them. Such as if the dog is nervous and scared in one, you teach them how to be comfortable. If they're hyper and over stimulated as fuck you teach them remaining calm will let them get what they want and have a good time. If they act nice around other doggos it means they get to play with other dogs more.

A dog who goes nuts every time they hear something outside, that dog is stressing itself out by being overly territorial, so teaching them to chill the fuck out is healthy for them, you and anyone who enters your home. Dogs need to be molded into home and society just like autists. If you just throw them into the wild streets then they ruin everything.
>>
>>2430741
I understand that anon, but I need help understanding how to get my dog to adjust to those situations. So I am checking to see if anyone has experience with this company or how they are actually teaching the dogs.
>>
>>2430821
I can't say anything about the company but there is thousands upon thousands of books and sites at the tip of your fingers with a friend called Google that basically parrot the same training.

Also helps to know how your dog is acting. Crazy and insane is about as specific as saying your dog has feelings. How is his body language? Tail up, stiff, ears back? Snarling? Does he just seem excited or aggressive? How is he acting, and what is he responding too? Such as, does he response aggressively to other dogs but seem excited about people, and vice versa.
>>
Pointer is a high wheeling breed. Not a house dog. Run him 8-10 miles a day and he'll calm right down.
>>
>>2430821
Have you considered doggy daycare if this training facility doesn't work out?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.