[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I stopped feeding this stray cat thats always around, stop giving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0324.jpg (96KB, 800x440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0324.jpg
96KB, 800x440px
I stopped feeding this stray cat thats always around, stop giving it treats etc.
Because i believe it needs to go take some innitiative to take care of itself, hell even my parents' cat who's well fed can't ignore its instincts and catches all sorts of rodents and birds.

Must i ignore it completely to get my change of heart accross, would it get confused if i only would pet it when crossing.
>>
So fuck cats then i guess
>>
>>2427900
No ill side with the hierarchy on this board
>>
>>2427549
All the cat knows is that you used to be kind and give it food and now you don't. Do some research about the health risks of letting your (or any) cat 'hunt'. This is a domestic cat who has most likely never had to fend for himself like you described - his entire life has been set up for him since birth to receive food from humans.

In other words, unless you are literally facing a financial deficit in your bank account, feeding the cat is the humane thing to do.

I hope the poor guy isn't starving because of you.
>>
In addition to what the other posters said-- letting this domesticated, healthy animal get free lodging in people's yards and free food from the neighborhood, then deciding it needs to "take iniative" by hunting the local wildlife, is kind of like in Predator 2 when the predator is slaughtering humans with little challenge. It's open season against small animals which serve an actual purpose in nature.
>>
>>2427910
Like i said, our own cat does it instinctively nonetheless, this one just doesn't as far as i know.
You are not being objective, i try to be.
>>2427951
.. but that is how it goes, and cats fucking do that stuff, it's in their nature.

This cat appears to have adapted to exclusively begging, and if it were forced to- i wonder if it could save itself, like apparently our own cat would be sufficiently competent to, without even knowing it. .. i find this interesting. Maybe nature wants it to die then.
>>
If it really is accustomed to begging somebody else is definitely going to feed it.

>>2427910

>being this bleeding heart over an invasive species

Feeding wild animals is never humane
>>
>>2428042
Cats are not wild animals

They also don't care about your dumbass white republican ideals
>>
>>2428045
you're right. they're invasive domestic pests

bring it inside or dispatch it
>>
File: 847169841228430465.jpg (26KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
847169841228430465.jpg
26KB, 367x500px
>>2428066
>>
File: toxoplasma hoarder.jpg (83KB, 634x381px) Image search: [Google]
toxoplasma hoarder.jpg
83KB, 634x381px
>>2428077
>>
>>2428045
>leftist support the stray and feral cats problem
Not surprised
>>
>>2427910
Nah, cats can hunt fine. The instincts and the tools are there.

My friend's cat was denailed and even it managed to catch a mouse the one time it escaped the house.
>>
>>2427910
Look, it sounds like this cat is a fuckin NEET and needs to get his shit together. Anon is doing the right thing. Tough love is the only way.
>>
>>2427549
You can continue giving it attention but you can not feed it even if it's only once in a while, it will still wait out for you. Keep in mind once you stop feeding it it's likely he will stop coming around and instead butter someone else up for food. Don't believe that all cats are good hunters, some honestly just don't have the drive for it or simply just suck at it. But he probably has other houses he hits up for food anyway. Honestly you should probably bring it to a shelter but I know that won't happen
>>
Feeding strays just increases the likely hood of it living to breed-- creating more mouths to feed.

If you really care, feed it and take it in/bring it to a shelter/catch and release program.

One breeding female = half a dozen new cats in less than 6 months.

I went out of my way to scoop the friendly female strays and left the boys to die off within the year, as they always do. A few of the boys may have been scooped by other neighbors. Now we have 0 stray cats in my neighborhood and haven't had any for ~3 years. Both lady cats are happily owned still.
>>
>>2428045

>assumes I'm white

Typical cat-commie
>>
>>2428111
>>2428106
>>2428042
>>2428026
Cats can hunt just fine is they picked up the proper skills from its mom and other cats. And not all cats are going to be good hunters. Just because you have a cat who 'loves to hunt' does not mean all cats have the ability or even properly know how.

Not only that, but letting this cat run around to eat birds and reptiles and god knows what else out in the wild or on the streets is just going to potentially damage its health. Or are cats also immune to any diseases from animals they kill?

No. They aren't. They could get worms, fleas, toxoplasmosis, or worse. They could get injured by an animal they think is prey, but actually a poisonous or dangerous animal.

Remember, this stray cat is obviously fond of people or it wouldn't be relying on them for food. It is not a feral cat. If it will not hunt, there is a good chance it either sucks at hunting (Which, yes, is possible. Being a cat does not make you some amazing hunter automatically, even if you have all the tools needed) OR it simply did not have a mother to teach it the proper ways to get food without proper assistance.

If you're going to be a dick and not feed this poor cat for not knowing how or not wanting to hunt for its own food, at least have the courtesy to take it to a no-kill shelter or rescue group.
>>
>>2428248
if they picked*
>>
>>2428132
Wtf is wrong with you cat sexist
>>
>>2428248
The cat is not fond of people, it's a sociopath. Im not even kidding, i've never seen a cat so affectionate until given food, and subsequently being stonecold until it's hungry again or you're giving it more... niw it's cute still, but nough is enough
>>
>>2428336
It's fond enough of people that it relies on them for food. You're getting angry about a cat wanting food from people when that's literally what the cat has been doing to live for its entire life. If it was a feral cat who hunted for food, it would be doing that and not going to homes to bed fed. If it were feral, it would never show you any affection regardless of whether or not you had food for it. This is a cat who relies, and most likely always will rely, on humans for sustenance. They are called domestic cats for a reason.

If you are so thick that you can't understand this, please help the cat by finding a rescue group or no-kill shelter that will take care of the cat and get it the food it needs to live.
>>
>>2428395
So you mean to say that a feral cat is independent? I don't understand why you bring this up.
Also, i can't be mad @ a cutie little kittie kat, it's adorable, i just will let it die in the cold if it cant save itself. That isn't on me.
>>
>>2428395
So what made you stop caring to save that cats life?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.