[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

First dog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

In about 2 weeks im going to get an american eskimo dog. Ive looked into how much exercise itll need and and how they behave/act. Anything important i should know?
>>
>>2427180
You fucked up.
>>
>>2427184
American Eskimo dogs are cool for small dogs IMO.
>>
>>2427188
Nice to hear this again read that they are great beginner dogs
Im assuming >>2427184 is trolling
>>
Don't ever shave it
>>
>>2427194
Of course nor would i want to i like the floof
>>
>>2427195
That's good. I don't get all the assholes who buy a husky because they want a majestic meme snow dog even though they live in the desert then shave it off, making it look ridiculous and fucking up its coat.
>>
File: 12.jpg (169KB, 640x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
12.jpg
169KB, 640x480px
this is an American Eskimo I see in the park a lot. One of the few dogs my golden actually likes.

He's p chill and I like his owner.
>>
I have one. I adopted as an old gal.
At first she was very spoiled and I'll mannered but she turned around almost immediately. Very smart and picks up on new things immediately.

But they bark fucking nonstop. The only thing that gets her to shut the fuck up is shaking a can of pennies. Maybe you can curve this as a puppy but this breed in general is famous for never shutting the fuck up. I've had to chose my places carefully because if no one is home to shut her up I'll get fined for the noise.
>>
Not important but THEYRE GREAT I LOVE THEM
>>
OP here. Forgot to say that id get it in 2 weeks as a puppy. Anything i should get in advance? Like a crate or toys? Ive already booked a trip to the vet so thats done

>>2427781
they both looks like cool dogs

>>2427792
so ive read that they bark when alerted of something, Could it be cotrolled if trained as a puppy? How loud is it? The dog would be living with me in an apartment and i woudnt want to bother the neighbors

>>2427853
I love them too
>>
>>2427792
I have one. Same problem. Love it to death but holy fuck it won't shut up on walks
>>
>>2428029
>when alerted of something

That something is actually *anything*, even nothing. Just something they might have a hunch that may or may not be there.
As for training them out of a puppy, not sure. Everything I've read on these dogs and from other owners is that you need to be prepared for that barking. Two other people also have eskies and they're just as old as mine. All of ours are calm on walks but walking past their houses I can hear their eskies going nuts. I had a friend stay at my place while I was gone for the night and for whatever reason, she ended outside at night and I ended up getting a $200 fine for her barking(which according to him, she was only out 'for a few minutes').

Again, mine will shutup if someone s there to tell her to knock it the fuck off but it's free fucking game for her if she's alone. The only improvement I got with her barking is that she no longer barks when she hears cars go by outside but she will start if it's a neighbor parking too close.

If you're in apartment then you really, really have to be on top of this. It's not just a habit but part of the breed. Barking aside and being a huge issue, they're wonderful dogs.
>>
Is an Akita inu a good first dog?
>>
>>2428043
Not really. They can be stubborn unless they respect you. Can be pushy/dominant with other dogs. High prey drive. They're loyal companions but a lot of work
>>
>>2427781
that's a cute pic, looks like the eskimo is laughing at your dog's joke. pretty dog OP
>>
>>2427180
Where do you live?
>>
>>2427781
>>2428810
>So I told him, I said Larry I may not bark, but even I can get a little ruff

>Ahahahaha you are so funny boss, the funniest ahahaha
>>
>>2428821
I live in good ol texas since its summer ill plan on walking it during mornings or nights because im afraid itll overheat
>>2428824
I give it a 5/7
>>
I have one of these, and they bark non stop if you don't control them, they can be anxious if you leave them alone and they seem to have attachment problem s, pay close attention to them and I recommend a bark collar and heavy training
>>
>>2429744
Did you get it when it was a pup or already grown?
>>
>>2427180
Yes they are wonderful my big sister was one and she was the sweetest thing she passed when i was in 6th grade at the age of 17 her name was Gypsy
>>
>>2430646
Your big sister was a dog?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.