[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think my cat has a urinary tract infection. Is this very painful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: QC4Fu.jpg (80KB, 960x926px) Image search: [Google]
QC4Fu.jpg
80KB, 960x926px
I think my cat has a urinary tract infection. Is this very painful for him? Is it something that can wait until Monday or do I need to hurry and get him to an emergency vet tomorrow?
>>
If feral cats can live a few years im sure your cat can make it til monday
>>
File: 1357077449178.png (40KB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
1357077449178.png
40KB, 264x264px
>>2410276
Ok I'm not worried about him dying or something. I'm worried about my pet that I love being in pain you doofus.
>>
>>2410284
I think he's probably in pain. I had a UTI as a kid and it was like fire ants were ravaging my urethra every time I tried to piss.
>>
I had one once, very unpleasant
>>
>>2410309
To clarify: yeah it's pretty painful
>>
Regardless of what you choose, if he stops urinating altogether, get him to the vet immediately. That is a medical emergency and can be fatal in 24-48 hours.

If you live in a 1st world country, plenty of vets are starting to stay open for at least part of the day on Saturday. It might not be your regular vet, but google around.
>>
>>2410252
>>2410284
>Is this very painful for him?
Yeah, I've had one before. They fucking suck. You'd definitely want to get him to a vet as soon as you're able for the proper medication, but if cats are anything like humans in this regard make sure to give him plenty of water and let him urinate frequently in the meantime. It helps flush out bacteria. If it's possible, position him in a way that takes pressure off his rump, it'll minimize pain. He could make it until then but you're going to have be a bit of a nurse and monitor him.
>>
>>2410252
The longer he associates pissing with pain, the more likely he's going to develop an aversion to the litterbox and/or a preference for peeing on soft things. If he stops pissing altogether, see >>2410326
>>
Yes, he is in pain. It may not be an UTI more than it could be crystals in his urine and let me tell you it's fucking agony. I have broken bones, have had a wrench drop on my head, lost toenails, surgery without anesthesia, broke a rib, tore muscles in my ribs, stepped on smoldering embers and that was still by far the worst pain I've experienced. It was fucking hell to the point where morphine only took some of edge off and I was still crippled with pain or pacing in a circle for four hours straight, delirious with pain. I've never yelled or cried in pain before that and at the ER they said there was a tiny bit of blood in my urine but they didn't find anything so they said it probably had been a small crystal. I don't know how people can survive kidney stones.

You can also prevent them in male cats by feeding them primarily wet food. it will cost you much less in the future since he will just keep getting them.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.