[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Killing a tree using Round-up ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: DJI_0015.jpg (4MB, 4000x2250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
DJI_0015.jpg
4MB, 4000x2250px
I have some pesky trees next to my house that i am not allowed to take down. So i got some advice about having them die....
1. drill a hole just under the ground in the trunk
2. inject hole with round-up
3. wait
4. dead tree

Does anyone know how much, how often i should inject this tree?
>>
What's so pesky about the tree
>>
1. It blocks out any sun i could get in my garden
2. It has rubbish falling from it whole year long (leaves in autumn, sticky crappy crap in spring)
3. makes my house green and cold
>>
>>2391079
Drill hole in roots.
Inject gasoline.
Problem solved.
>>
>>2391097
Sounds great, how much do i inject? how often do i repeat?
>>
Well the city/municipality is clearly going to know what you've done. I worked for an urban forestry division in a municipality and we had people constantly complaining about trees and some that took matters into their own hand. Legal action was taken and they had to pay.

Having your garden shaded out sucks, I'll give you that, but bitching about "rubbish" (AKA organic matter) is absurd. The tree is also cutting down on energy costs and providing a lot more measurable social costs than you are aware of.

By all means try to girdle or inject the tree with glyphosate or some other herbicide. Post when the city starts investigating, because healthy urban trees suddenly dying within a season or two and requiring removal is a red flag. Arborists know the symptoms and what is abnormal.
>>
>>2391110
Hello City-Tree-man,
Did i kill the tree? no ofcourse not! i don't know how it died! maybe its a worm or a beetle?
What? you think i killed it? Well then, prove it.

good day sir
>>
>>2391116
Yeah it's not like glyphosate and other herbicides have clear symptoms that can be differentiated from biotic causal agents of disease.

>prove it
Don't worry, your pissed off neighbors will be happy to rat you out and show footage from their Ring or other CCTV.
>>
>>2391128
no neighbours, anyway, not the point.
Hoping to find some numbers.
How much, how often, when can i expect to see results?
>>
>Roundup literally in class action suit for cancer
>fuck you tree
>>
>>2391180
i dont want to give the tree cancer, does that even excist? :')

Some told me to start with 20ml and wait a month... i am very inpatient... i feel like i should throw gallons at it....
>>
>>2391140
glyphosate sometimes doesn't kill weeds. its going to take an airplane to bring down a tree.

but i would require a citation that someone could prove a tree was killed by roundup/gasoline/alcohol versus a beatle/ lightingstrike/ ants/ fungus/disease. only suspect. but sometimes trees just die.

also urban forester sounds super fun.
>>
Drill 3/8" holes in trunk, angled about 45 degrees down toward base of center of tree.
Drill at least 4" deep, one hole for each inch of trunk diameter.
Fill holes with hebicide.
Wait.
Dicamba would be best. Roundup would work, use 28% (high concentrate).
You might see results in as little as 14 days, weather depending.
To use these products other than described on the label is a violation of federal law

Wait!!! The trees aren't yours? Nevermind
DELET THIS.
>>
>>2391097
or drill a hole, pack with road salt, it works
>>
A very large tree(don't know what kind but it's leaves and shit it dropped every where remind me of Willow trees) fell in my yard over my pool, destroyed it and slightly damaged my house.

Sure enough I was grilled about if I took it down on purpose. They wouldn't let me cut it up or get rid of it until they brought in some 'tree expert' who agreed it fell naturally between a combination of soft, sloping earth(my yard slants slightly more every year due to rain and marsh so every ten years or so we have to reinforce our yard with concrete and tons of dirt) and getting battered by storms over the years.

Good luck OP. They will know. You might as well just call a tree service and have them remove it. Depending on your state or town laws, it's illegal to cut down a tree on your property on your own. I can get any tree on my property removed but not allowed to cut it down myself. I'm allowed to cut it up myself though as long as it's been proven I didn't do it.
>>
>>2391116
/an/ - I HATE NATURE LET ME DESTROY NATURE WHY AREN'T YOU GUYS HELPING ME DESTROY NATURE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>>>/b/
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>2391116
>perfectly round drill holes
>poison found in tree, leached onto soil

honestly, a government worker just has to be bored enough and they can dedicate their lives to being your personal nightmare
>>
For fucks sake just cut it down. It'll be faster than any drilling and packing nonsense and if anyone asks about it just feign ignorance. I had a 200 watt sodium lamp (read: extremely bright shitty depressing harsh yellow light) in my yard that the town mandated because it's a "dangerous part of the road". I just took the fucker out with a pellet gun on a monthly basis until they stopped replacing the bulb. Suddenly crashes in front of my house went up 2700%... nah just kidding, nobody has ever crashed in front of my house.

The muhfeelings cityniggers can't do a damn thing without proof that you cut it, so just don't get caught. If they plant another one then wait a month and cut that one too. Do it until they figure out it's a waste of time.
>>
>>2391785
yes but if there was some other way to kill it without drilling holes. watering it with gas or whatever know way they are sending out the csi tree division. and even if they do their sole purpose is probably to get you to admit to it.
>>
File: 1482504727384.png (85KB, 480x377px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1482504727384.png
85KB, 480x377px
>>2391110
>>2391116
>>2391128
>>2391140
>not allowed to choose what to do with trees on your own property
>neighbours will literally report you to the tree thought police for crime against trees

What the fuck America
>>
>>2391329
>what are you in for man?
>I used glyphosate in a manner not described on the label
>>
Hammer a copper nail in there
>>
Drink glyphosate until you are fully saturated, then pee against the trees. If that doesn't work, kill yourself.
>>
>>2392415
They didn't state that it's their property. I'd be willing to bet they rent.
>>
>>2391079
Hey faggot, this you? >>>/diy/1180602
>>
>>2392053
kek
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.