[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crate training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5377.jpg (63KB, 583x387px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5377.jpg
63KB, 583x387px
I have a Shepweiler puppy that's 5 months old (already over 50 pounds). He's a typical puppy in all categories but he's having a hard time staying in the crate. He's out all day but then I go to bed I wanna lock him up so he won't eat my couch lol he seems deathly afraid of the kennel to the point where he gets so upset he'll throw up. My previous dogs haven't ever had a problem this big about being crated at night. Any ideas? Thanks
>>
>>2390353
Train throughout the day.

Do "kennel" commands, then let him right out, and reward. Then start adding some time until you let him out, then reward. Slowly build up time over time. Meanwhile, get a few kongs, put peanut butter in them, and toss them in the kennel and let him go to town and close the door. Let him out when he's done.

Any time he gets tired and sleepy, put him in the kennel to sleep.

The bottom line is to just condition him to view the kennel as a place that is his, and pleasant, and soon enough, he'll adopt it as his own.
>>
>>2390353
>Shepweiler
fuck off with your designer "breeds" just call it a mutt (or rottie+GSD mix), because that's what it is
I don't have anything against mutts (have one myself) but I hate when some people think that purposefully created mutts are "special breeds"..

also, why do americans like kennels so much?

Here in europe pretty much noone does it?

what's the exact purpose of it?
And what are the advantages
>>
>>2390453
It's supposed to give the dog a safe place where it can go and expect to be left alone or reassure itself, if it wants.
But you know Americans, it never works out that way, they're too dumb to train dogs properly.
>>
>>2390453
>>2390465
Awwww...isn't that cute? 2 Ameriboo's seeking some U.S. attention.

Have some (you)'s, Ameriboo's.
>>
Thanks for the replies! Also it's not a mutt if both the parents are papered and registered. I didn't just pick him up off the street.
>>
>>2390568
Yes, it's still a mutt, you fucking idiot.
The only way for a dog not to be a mutt is if both parents are papered, registered and of the same breed.
>>
Lmao suck my cock, my dog knows who his dad is cant say the same for you.
>>
File: face.jpg (29KB, 511x515px) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
29KB, 511x515px
>>2390568
>it's not a mutt if both the parents are papered and registered. I didn't just pick him up off the street

This thread is bait
>>
>>2391369
>This thread is bait
At this point yes, FPBP>>2390414
>>
>>2390568
>He paid hundreds, maybe even thousands, for a mutt
If you have that kind of cash you better be paying for NASA to retrieve my sides from orbit
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.