[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My gf saw this little guy up wandering the streets (southern

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 20170524_002716.jpg (1009KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170524_002716.jpg
1009KB, 2560x1536px
My gf saw this little guy up wandering the streets (southern Louisiana) and made me pick him up. He was either going to get run over or boiled so I decided to hold him until I can set him free in a pond somewhere.

Can I get some tips about crawfish care?
>>
If you're just holding them temporarily, all they need is a bowl full of dechlorinated/filtered water at room temperature.
>>
>>2388970
Yeah they need water filters, heavy duty, and oxygen dispersal.
I give you 8 hours before half your house smells of shit, piss and death.
>>
File: 20170524_002738.jpg (763KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170524_002738.jpg
763KB, 2560x1536px
>>2388968
Cool, that's what he's got for now.

I thought about keeping him but I don't know how long they live (Google says 3-4 or 4-8 years) and he seems pretty old already judging by size.

If I were to keep him, what's the upkeep ike and what long-term things should I think about?
>>
>>2388976
Shit, really? My sister read that they just need to be able to submerge themselves and be able to climb back out (he has a rock). I used tap water and put some pH correcting fluid in there.

Also I gave him some lettuce
>>
>>2388981
They do not need to climb out, they are fully aquatic. They also like their pH high, so read what the corrector is doing before you add it. Also, never ever ever use straight tapwater unless you are hooked up to a well. The chlorine fries most aquatic organisms.

Are you trying to keep it? Or hold it until you release it?
>>
>>2388977
I keep crawdads, some wildcaught.
They need atleast 10 gallons, as they foul their water pretty quick. They need either an airstone or filter, airstones are cheaper. Until the tank gets established you will need to do regular water changes. You will need to give it some rocks and gravel, they need to burrow and create hiding places to moult.
It needs a mixture of high protein and vegetable food. Blanched spinach as a staple with occasional frozen shrimp or dead feeder fish should do it. Also, buy some dechlorinator for the water you use in changes.
>>
>>2388968
You need to slap your girlfriend. Who gives a shit about a finna crawfish?
>>
>>2388976
Crayfish are tough as nails and hard to kill. For a long term setup, yes, he needs these things. For a couple days at most? Just what I described in the first post.
>>
>>2388981
Needs water moving past gills like a fish, which takes basic equipment. Putting it in a bowl with water doesn't work and just keeping it wet isn't going to cut it.
You can keep it alive with an airstone or small pump running air from the room through clear rubber tubing with tiny holes poked along it.

There's a way to run co2 in for plants ike this easy, but plain air pumping requires a tool.

You can also suck fresh air into your mouth and blow it through a straw into the bottom of his bowl until you have a pump, because that thing is going to die.
>>
>>2389013
Temporarily, since you appear to want the river lobster, set his bowl under a running faucet or in the tub, with a weak stream of water coming in top and the bowl remains overflowing.

Tomorrow morning you will find him on the tub floor flailing around.
>>
File: 20170524_194814.jpg (909KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170524_194814.jpg
909KB, 2560x1536px
Thanks for the advice all, we set him free this evening.

Have a good life, Andy.
>>
>>2389662
Did you cum on him
>>
>>2389662

>i cum on crawfish, it snip at penis
>>
>>2389662
>anon respectfully feeds the starving crawfish with protein rich white liquid
>>
>>2389004
You're using finna wrong.
Never use finna anyway, what are you a dumb nigger?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.