[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>vet prescribes liquid medicine to my cat >tells me shake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1494349269470.jpg (150KB, 597x519px) Image search: [Google]
1494349269470.jpg
150KB, 597x519px
>vet prescribes liquid medicine to my cat
>tells me shake it well before giving it to him
>10 day medicine
>halfway through and realized I haven't been shaking it before giving it to him
will my cat be okay? i will shake it from here on out but has it been less effective? has it created side effects that could have been prevented from the shaking?
>>
Just shake the cat to make up for it, the medicine will mix properly inside him.
>>
>>2387935
Well, if it's meant to be shaken, then that means that the suspension of particles isn't evenly distributed. It's settled, basically.
You probably haven't been poisoning your cat, but the dosages probably havent been optimal, either. Just shake it from now on.
>>
>>2387939
So do you think it's been entirely ineffective up to this point?
>>
>>2388000
Not that guy, but I wouldn't say entirely ineffective, just less so. Check back in with your vet and explain if symptoms haven't resolved after the 10 day course.
>>
>>2388009
alright. definitely gonna talk to my vet about this. thanks senpai
>>
File: 7ef.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
7ef.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
You shake it to mix the contents up as some parts of it settle to the bottom. What's going to happen is that the important part of the medicine that has settled to the bottom hasn't been used up as much as it should and the last few doses are going to be overfilled with it causing your cat to Overdose.
>>
Reading this, I expected it to end with ">halfway through and realized I have been shaking the cat and not the medicine".
>>
File: 1471705442459.jpg (10KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1471705442459.jpg
10KB, 251x251px
>>2387935
>not shake for a week
>give him just the base of the solution
>zero results
>"ahh I see I must shake it first"
>OD your pet since the solution analogy is now fucked

You must be American
>>
>>2388019
Chances are it's probably just some antibiotics. Cat will be fine with just a moderate overdose on antibiotics.
>>
File: pepe.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
>>2388019
>>2388291
>>2388380
>overdose
is this true? i need to call the vet i guess
>>
>>2388934
Overdosing on antibiotics just causes insane diarrhea anon.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pdk2RvqLAg
>>
>>2388937
well... fuck
i don't want that to happen. im gonna call the vet as soon as it opens in the morning and see if i should keep giving it to the cat
>>
I fear they'll tell me to buy some new medicine. I'll do it but it's 85 bucks. oh well.
>>
>>2387935
>>2388934
Anon, it's super cute how worried you area bout your cat.
>>
>>2388950
>85 bucks
What the fuck is this cat getting, chemo?
>>
>>2389071
no. antibiotics
>>
anyway, i called the vet and i was told to just finish out the rest of the course.
i am taking the cat back after the 10 days are over for a checkup
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.