[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

toys and activities for mature dogs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_20140406_181632.jpg (977KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140406_181632.jpg
977KB, 2592x1944px
I've been googling, but I haven't found many results that have worked.
My dog is 13, and she's pretty healthy, she'll be around for a long while.

She's always bored though. She just had a cyst removed, and she has to stay inside, i can tell she's REALLY REALLY BORED.

She used to be very active, but she doesn't seem to have much interest in going for walks and such like she did when she was younger.

I dont know what kind of toys or activities to do with her though.
she doesn't want to play tug of war
she doesn't watch to fetch or chase balls
she likes bones sometimes but not always
I'm at a loss here

pic related is her a few years ago
>>
>i can tell she's REALLY REALLY BORED.
Maybe you are projecting your feelings on to your dog. Most dogs at 13 years of age will not be as active as when they were only a few years old.
>>
>>2339509
well
i'm probably projecting a bit. but like i said she can't go outside; much of the time, she sleeps most of the day.
but now she's just....sitting.
she just sat and stared at me for maybe a half hour straight

she seems bored, but you're right I could be projecting.

It definitely seems like she wants something/wants to do something, so idk
>>
plush toys or squeakers?

my dog is 13 and he still loves those

i also feed him with a kong wobbler, he seems to enjoy that
>>
new meme
>>
>>2339516
fuckin
kek
>>2339514
uhh squeakers i haven't tried
plush toys she seems to have no interest in
>>
>>2339516
new meme?

new meme.
>>
>>2339513
When they get that old they just like attention from you.
>>
Have you tried just snuggling with her and watching a movie? Maybe she just wants to be around you.
>>
>>2339693

Thats what I was thinking too. An older dog, I dont think, is going to be too interested in games and toys. But I dont know what type of interaction would be adequate without being overwhelming.

Part of me thinks an animal friend might help, but it depends on the animal and age. You dont want new rivalries.

As an old fart myself, I can tell you its sort of a trade off. Anything that renews your sense of youth also drives you a little nuts. You look forward to peace and quiet and when you finally get all you can handle, it becomes depressing. Vicious cycle.

As a metaphorical example, if I didnt have kids to yell 'get off my lawn' at, I'd miss them. If they came back, I'd grouse about that too.
>>
>>2339698
>Part of me thinks an animal friend might help, but it depends on the animal and age. You dont want new rivalries.
actually, I had been thinking about that and I didn't know how to handle it.
I want a cat or another dog, and I'm not sure how she'd take to that or how to introduce that
i've been wanting to get her a "pet" for a while.
>>2339661
>>2339693
i love giving her attention, I love her company, but I mean, I can't be with her all the time, and even then, sometimes she sits next to me and just wont let me do anything else besides hold her
>>
>>2339884
>i've been wanting to get her a "pet" for a while.

That seems like a good idea, something completely non-threatening to observe and grow interested in.

I dont know that a dog or cat fit that bill though. Its a question of species interaction as well as legitimate age consideration, and these things require the informed articulate opinion of a real expert, which I am not, unfortunately.

Would you consider carefully selecting an aging cat that may need a home and would also benefit from a kind and supportive environment, as transitions are hard at any age, but especially in the frailty and fatigue of our sunset years.

Being a cat, it wouldnt feel like rivalry so much, and being older, your pooch would have someone to puzzle over without having to suffer kitten or puppy antics of youth.

Poochie would feel less alone and the curiosity of new company would keep the mind turning. It would take a good personality of course. You want a cat thats not cranky or hostile, someone who appreciates or at least tolerates mild interaction without suspicious defensiveness.
>>
My parents' old dog likes to lay in front of the screen door and watch the street. Try putting an ottoman in front of a window so she can lay down while looking outside.
>>
Game search.

Search for candy
>>
File: new meme alert.jpg (189KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
new meme alert.jpg
189KB, 1000x1000px
>>2339550
>>
>>2339516
I'm fucking dying
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.