[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

What shady shit have PeTA done?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: PETA-Facebook-Logo.jpg (48KB, 1500x1475px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
PETA-Facebook-Logo.jpg
48KB, 1500x1475px
i've herd it many times that peta is horrible. I don't agree with their beliefs anyway, but i want to see some examples of their horrible stuff.
>>
>>2327666
They want to get rid of the concept of animals.
>>
what do you mean by getting rid of it? Liking putting animals and humans as equals?
>>
>>2327666
They are big advocates of pit bull bans, because they know it's a slippery slope to eventually ban all dogs. They back BSL in the hopes that it will eventually ban all dog. Not even meming, they state it right on their website.

They also own a ton of stock in the different meat industries.

>>2327680
No, like there not being a single domestic animal on the planet
>>
I don't know too much about PETA, but one of their undercover investigations I saw made me severely disappointed in them. It was about a baby cockatoo named Angel that this petstore was neglecting. When she got really sick and close to dying the narrator said they offered to buy her but the petstore wouldn't let them. What kind of bs is that?
>>
>>2327666
Rescue groups that take in countless animals and then instead of adopting them out, euthanized almost all of them. They don't believe that people should keep domestic animals and the money it would cost to feed, shelter, and give them veterinary treatment they'd prefer to spend on full-page ads of nude celebrities and nonsense websites like Seakittens.

Vans that drive around "rescuing" animals and then euthanizing them and throwing them in dumpsters before they go back.

I'm opposed to factory farming and don't eat any kind of mammal, I don't believe that large marine mammals should be kept captive or that apes should be used for research, etc. Even I hate PETA.

Most of what they do is ultimately counter-productive because of who they are. When something like Blackfish actually manages to change people's perception of things PETA swoops in and tries to take credit.
>>
>>2327666
they think all animals in captivity are better off dead
>>
>>2327692
>don't eat any kind of mammal
what kind of stupid value is this? it has hair and produces milk, so it is superior to other things? you can say you don't want to eat any animals, but treating mammals like they are superior really bugs me. Even some insects are smarter than some mammals.
>>
>>2327666
Kidnapped a little girl's dog and euthanized so fat her parents couldn't pick it back up from the shelter in the evening.
Peta runs 98% kill shelters.
>>
>>2327735
I guess they've never seen John Wick.
>>
>>2327709
anthropocentrism isn't arbitrary.
>>
>>2327692
To be fair, their shelter takes in all animals regardless of adaptability, and it's totally free. So a lot of people who are either too pussy to put it down and want to pretend the animal will get a new home. Then the other people either can't or won't spend money to get it euthanized so will surrender it there. So I can see why their live release is shit
>>
>>2327768
that's humankind, not cowkind
>>
>>2327735

>Kidnapped a little girl's dog and euthanized so fat her parents couldn't pick it back up from the shelter in the evening

That's not what happened. PETA went into a trailer park that was having a severe issues with feral/free roaming dogs and agreed to trap and remove them, since the local animal control was so overwhelmed and under funded they didn't have the means to. They put out notices the night before warning people to keep their dogs inside. Of course there was a spic family in the trailer park who couldn't read the warning, and let their unchiped and uncollarded dog roam they they always did. PETA had no idea it was their dog and captured it, and again because it didn't have any kind of sign of ownership they reasonable assumed it was a stray. Cue spics crying and accusing PETA of STEALING MUH DOG. And now here we are years after it happened and people are still circulating a false story, when PETA was actually doing something good and it was 100% the dumb spic owners fault their dog got put down.
>>
File: IMG_9479.jpg (74KB, 580x353px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_9479.jpg
74KB, 580x353px
>>2327692
I like you, have a cute orchid mantis.
>>
I never knew about the kill shelters they run, but I think they are the ones who throw blood and paint on people who wear fur and have staged some gross "street art" stuff too.
>>
>>2327789
http://pilotonline.com/news/peta-devastated-after-dog-taken-from-porch-is-euthanized/article_76018359-71cf-5f02-9a53-f86095559395.html

>It's our fault, the agency acknowledges. We're very sorry. And we'll do whatever it takes to keep it from happening again.
>The state has determined that PETA violated state law by failing to ensure that the animal was properly identified and failing to keep the dog alive for five days before killing it, according to the notice from the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
>>
>>2327692
I can't disagree that peta is horrible for killing countless animals on some freaky personal principle but they actually have run tons of successful campaigns against various forms of animal cruelty
>>
>>2327814
>but they actually have run tons of successful campaigns against various forms of animal cruelty
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/30/petas-shark-attack-ad_n_987791.html
PETA is flat out irrational, they are an extremist group. Even Huffpost thinks they are nuts, that should say plenty.
>>
>>2327818
That's an ad and it isn't even wrong. They got the circus to stop using and abusing trained elephants.
>>
>>2327789
I agree that this story was an example of good they did.
>>
>>2327822
>They got the circus to stop using and abusing trained elephants.
Only if you decide to give one group credit for popular opinion. No rational person wants to see a baby elephant beaten into submission. It's because of modern times that we are against that.
>>
>>2327818
>Even Huffpost thinks they are nuts, that should say plenty.

it's teh opposite you stupid nigger. if huffington post thinks it's bad then it is probably good. and there was nothing wrong with that ad
>>
>>2327830
>if huffington post thinks it's bad then it is probably good.
one liberal rag, fighting a different liberal rag, should at least raise an eyebrow.
>>
>>2327841
what the hell does peta have to do with being liberal? just because a lot of vegans are liberal?
>>
>>2327709
Which insects are more intelligent than the mammals commonly used as food and why do you assume the poster is eating said insects?
>>
>>2327846
You speak for PETA? Get in touch with them and let me know if their ideals don't coincide with liberalism.
>>
>>2327681
From their site:

> We at PETA very much love the animal companions who share our homes, but we believe that it would have been in the animals’ best interests if the institution of “pet keeping”—i.e., breeding animals to be kept and regarded as “pets”—never existed. The international pastime of domesticating animals has created an overpopulation crisis; as a result, millions of unwanted animals are destroyed every year as “surplus.”

> This selfish desire to possess animals and receive love from them causes immeasurable suffering, which results from manipulating their breeding, selling or giving them away casually, and depriving them of the opportunity to engage in their natural behavior. They are restricted to human homes, where they must obey commands and can only eat, drink, and even urinate when humans allow them to.

> Contrary to myth, PETA does not want to confiscate animals who are well cared for and “set them free.” What we want is for the population of dogs and cats to be reduced through spaying and neutering and for people to adopt animals (preferably two so that they can keep each other company when their human companions aren’t home) from pounds or animal shelters—never from pet shops or breeders—thereby reducing suffering in the world.

To be quite honest, I can't find a flaw with this reasoning. Breeding animals for your amusement is perverse, it's a shameful state that we're in. But since dogs and cats are already here, we should try to take care of them well and just not breed any new ones.
>>
>>2327856
not him, but ants are pretty damn intelligent
>>
File: ShowImage.ashx.jpg (57KB, 898x628px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ShowImage.ashx.jpg
57KB, 898x628px
>>2327818
that ad is funny. we systematically enslave and murder BILLIONS of animals for food but act like it's some sort of tragedy when a middle aged faggot on vacation in fikifiki islands gets eaten by a shark.
pic related got banned in goymoney. the head of some jewish council said:
>The judges were correct in determining that the [German] ban did not infringe on freedom of expression, but that rather the poster campaign trivialized the Holocaust in an irresponsible manner

of course it's the other way around. it's humans who are trivializing animals' suffering. and of course humans dont like being reminded of their barbarism

>they are an extremist group
whats wrong with that precisely? and they really arent, btw. it's you who are an extremist.

mudering and enslaving cows in horrible living conditions is extreme.
wanting them to be free and happy is not extreme.
>>
>>2328193
Nice bait. 3/10
>>
>>2328194
nice argument you have there. really activated my almonds
>>
>>2328193
Nice use of capital letters kid.
>>
>>2328192
https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn26234-zoologger-ants-fight-dirty-in-turf-war-with-spiders/#.VX2jwvmqqko
>>
>>2327856
Certain species of ants farm and milk aphids, even going so far as to differentiate and prioritize between pregnant female aphids and non pregnant aphids when moving them under leaf shelter when it rains.

That's pretty damn smart if you ask me.
>>
>>2328193
I hate people like you. That kind of logic is why we have invasive species destroying thousands of natural habitats across the world as we speak.

>hurrr durrr fwuffy should be free! it's mean to keep him locked up!

Fuck off and die.
>>
>>2328193
Humans, like all animals, put survival and prosperity of ourselves over that of other species. Any animal that didn't do that quickly got outcompeted.

>Muh 12 gorrillion dead innocent animals
>>
>>2328193
>US kills 12 million animals every four hours.
>You have to combine all the other countries to equal America's kill rate.
>get on our level metricfags.
>>
>>2328183
domestic cats and dogs fare very well as human compaions, their brains are very different from their ancestors

dogs can ONLY survive with humans, and they desire to be with humans
>>
>>2328193
Absolutely this
We need mass culling of useless humans like those in Africa and China
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.