[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Spring flowers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

File: 53245243.jpg (174KB, 600x600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
53245243.jpg
174KB, 600x600px
'tis the season, how are those plant bulbs coming along /an/?
>>
I'm seeing daffodils errywhere. Seems like it will be an early spring.
>>
File: 20170223_182757.jpg (120KB, 990x656px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
20170223_182757.jpg
120KB, 990x656px
>>2323502
I woke up this morning and my Amaryllis bloomed overnight, exciting stuff!
>>
File: 1429989833551.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1429989833551.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
>tfw no gf to grow flowers for
>>
>>2323514
Perhaps there is no gf due to your insecurities, such as being emasculated by growing nice flowers?
>>
File: 1424523026902.png (29KB, 633x758px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1424523026902.png
29KB, 633x758px
>>2323515
No!!! It's Chad Thundercock's fault!!!!!!!
>>
It's February 23rd what the fuck are you talking about
>>
This might be the right place to ask but i've been wanting grow lavender and peppermint to keep mosquitoes and especially spiders at bay. but ive never had a garden before and i was wondering if these would be good of beginners to grow. if not what could i grow that would keep away spiders at least.
>>
>>2323502

same, the daffodils are going crazy this year
>>
>>2324087
>This might be the right place to ask but i've been wanting grow lavender and peppermint to keep mosquitoes and especially spiders at bay. but ive never had a garden before and i was wondering if these would be good of beginners to grow. if not what could i grow that would keep away spiders at least.

Mosquitoes are best controlled more aggressively than with plants. Traps, removing standing water and mosquito bits (Bacillus thuringiensis strain israelensis) in any potential standing water. Unfortunately, propane mosquito traps work well but are constructed shittily and break often and you're out $300 because the companies can't build the things properly. Also mosquito incense sticks. You can also bathe in chemicals or wear a mesh outfit if you feel like being uncomfortable.

Why are you concerned about spiders? They're garden bros.

Lavender is a slightly hard to grow you may need to cold stratify it for good germination.
>>
>>2323499
What are some good non-toxic flowers I can grow to eat? I've always wanted to eat an unreasonable amount of flowers in one sitting till I'm full.
>>
>>2323515
>emasculated

What's emasculating about making nice plants?
>>
>>2324087
>grow lavender and peppermint to keep mosquitoes and especially spiders at bay.
well that just won't work. I don't know who told you a plant is going to drive off mosquitoes or spiders, but they were lying.
>>
>>2324095
My girlfriend has archnophobia so trying to keep spiders at bay best i can
>>
>>2324109

she should get over that
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 398x305px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 398x305px
>>
>>2324106
Marigolds are a natural mosquito deterrent.
But it takes a lot of them.
Citronella is also plant based.
>>
Waiting til the last freeze but I'm trying to think of something to put in my 3 remaining smallish pots. One of the pots is really really small because I tried and failed to keep a venus alive.
Already have basil, catnip and wheat grass.
Any suggestions?
Prefer herbs but I'm open to ideas
>>
>>2324115
>>2324116
Its not to the extent that images get her, physical instances with them do though. more like trying to keep them out the house.
>>
>>2324162

She should get over it with exposure therapy. I don't know where in the world you live. But continental US there's like 2 spiders to be remotely worried about. Both easily identified. Worst case with the others, you accidentally pinch one and it bites in reaction and nothing happens.

They're good in the house. They eat pests.

In support of your anti-spider mission, though, if you dehumidify to 35%-ish indoors, pests AND spiders will slowly decrease in population.
>>
>>2324106
Why would you want to drive away the spiders that eat the mosquitoes in the first place?
>>
It was almost 70° when I cleaned up my flower garden, now it's fucking snowing.
Luckily everything I've planted is pretty much idiot proof, and really hardy.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.