[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>fiancee wants dog >tell her its a bad idea >gets German/Australian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Athena.jpg (277KB, 750x951px) Image search: [Google]
Athena.jpg
277KB, 750x951px
>fiancee wants dog
>tell her its a bad idea
>gets German/Australian shep mix
>realizes she really only wanted the idea of a dog, not the responsibility of one sinc she has a Sun Conure she takes care of already
>I'm now attached to dog
>tfw don't want to get rid of her but I can tell it's making fiancee depressed

what do /an/?
>>
doge before hoes. joking. if you think you can handle the responsibility yourself i say keep it, otherwise have any family interested in adoption?
>>
>>2321609
I never wanted the responsibility of a dog either, which is why I disagreed with her initial decision. We both live a relatively sedentary lifestyle and this dog needs a load of exercise.

I haven't started asking around for adoption yet, not really sure where to go. 10 months old, cute as a button, but god damn is she a handful.

My biggest concern is finding a family for her that'll give her care she deserves, I don't want her jumping from house to house until ending up in the shelter.
>>
Tell her to suck it up and stop being a child about the fact that the dog she didnt actually want to take care of likes you more
>>
If you're going to get rid of the dog, do it asap. It'll be easier to rehome while it's still as young and cute as possible, and it will generally be better for the dog if it's sent to its permanent home sooner rather than later. Don't fuck around on the fence about it for long, make your decision now.
>>
>>2321603
Are you still planning on marrying someone who is that bad at planning and decision-making?
>>
>>2321633
She made one mistake and already admitted a long time ago it was her mistake. She's not giving me an ultimatum saying it's me or the dog or something, I can just tell the dog depresses her.

>>2321626
Will do
>>
>>2321634
Your woman is not good at making decisions, period.
Just remember that for the next time she tries to talk you into something even though it's a bad idea.
>>
Make her live with it. You told her it wasnt a good idea, she did it, she hates it now. Keep the dog as a reminder that she fucked up and cant handle maintaining multiple animals so she doesnt get another animal she doesnt want.
>>
>>2321642
k gonna dump her now
>>
Feed the bird to it. Anyone who would dislike a dog deserves to get there fucking ass beat. Anyone who would consider getting rid of it is pure fucking SHIT Dogs are better than people.
>>
>>2321682
but dogs are just 4 legged people really. also teh bird did nothign wrong. BAVI
>>
>>2321642
This. If you know better then put your fucking foot down once in a while. It doesn't have to be about gender, some people are just more spontaneous or just don't know better. My brother fell for the strong independent woman thing and let his girl dictate Everything for him. now he has a wife and 3 kids that the wife never actually wanted, she just wanted the comfort and sympathy that camE with it. She got my brother to agree to getting a chinchilla, which she now keeps in a windowless basement and doesn't take care of. She wanted a dog and threw a tantrum because my brother was strongly against it until my brother finally caved and they got a dog. Then, behind my brother's back, she brought home a second dog that turned out to be bad with kids. Now she is talking about having a fourth kid (after talking about how she never wanted kids in the first place) but also threatening divorce daily. Sometimes people are just irresponsible and you have to help them with decisions. It doesn't make them an all around bad person though, but you have to let them know there is a flaw in their decision making process
>>
Why is the dog making her feel depressed? Is she just feeling guilty? If you like the dog and take care of her, then it all works out.

>>2321611
>We both live a relatively sedentary lifestyle and this dog needs a load of exercise
GSDs and Aussies are both very active, intelligent breeds, but it isn't all about physical exercise. Mental stimulation/exercising her mind will go a long way in tiring her out and fulfilling her needs.

You can get puzzle toys with her and play training games that don't involve too much physical activity/exercise on your part.

Also, try a flirt pole--it's really easy to get a lot of good exercise in for an active dog like that in a shorter amount of time than going for a jog together, plus it doesn't involve much exercise on your part to stand there and swing it around for her. You can also incorporate training games into your flirt pole sessions to include mental stimulation as well as physical exercise.

Also, if she will play fetch, tossing a ball for her doesn't take a lot of energy on your part either. You could even potentially do this indoors while watching TV or something.

Just some ideas on providing enough "stuff" for an active working breed dog when you can't or don't want to be that active yourself. It's plenty possible, so if you want to keep the dog and are willing to make sure you can take care of her needs, I'd say give it a go.
>>
>committed to be family and caretaker of a living creature till its death
>sad because waah work is hard why can't my dog be a toy waaah
Dump her ass
>>
Tell her to suck it up.

My fiancé talked me into getting a puppy after months of asking about it. About 4 days after bringing the puppy home he started having breakdowns due to the stress from the costs, housebreaking, the dogs nightly howling, etc. He admitted he hated the dog but didn't expect me to get rid of it. Tl;dr we stuck it out and once the dog grew up a bit and didn't need 24/7 supervision, all was fine.
>>
If you end up getting rid of the dog I hope you aren't planning on having kids any time soon. She thinks the dog is a lot of responsibility and action she doesn't want...

I know these kinds of people, they come into my clinic all the time (I work mental health). If you don't get rid of the dog it could do a lot to teach her responsibility, humility, and critical decision making skills (could, not will). If you do get rid of it it is very likely that the lesson will not stay learned and I can almost guarantee you that she will be begging for kids she won't want to take care of within 2 years of the wedding. Then both of you will be miserable
>>
>>2321603
Keep it as your dog. I love seeing other aussies posted on here. Especially mixed with German shepherd id love to have you post pics when she's all grown OP. Too young to tell now how she'll look. Super unique dog you're lucky don't lose this one. It can serve as a motivator for you to work on your health and fitness, that's what my Aussie did for me.
>>
If a dog makes her depressed I hope you weren't planning on having children, lest your firstborn die mysteriously because your wife was "sad"
>>
why are women so fucking stupid
>>
My boyfriend did the same thing with a husky. I dumped him and kept the dog
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.