[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The correct opinion. Discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: fuckall.png (2MB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
fuckall.png
2MB, 857x1202px
The correct opinion. Discuss
>>
>>2321584
>fish
Youre opinion is garbage even if it is correct fishboy
>>
>>2321597
if you dont have constructive pet memes, pls gtfo
>>
Shellies are best cichlid.
>>
>>2321628
cichlids are old hat. in 2017 we are bringing back the tried & true paradise fish
>>
>keeping any African cichlids
They're a meme
>>
>>2321637
they truly are. livebearers are where its at
>>
File: IntoTheTrash.jpg (58KB, 700x479px) Image search: [Google]
IntoTheTrash.jpg
58KB, 700x479px
>>2321584
>>2321628
>>2321631
>>2321638
>Keeping freshwater
>>
>>2321647
No thank you. I'd rather not keep saltwater fish. Most are chased out of corals using cyanide. This kills the coral and most of the fish. But hey. Keep on helping to destroy the environment bud!
>>
>>2321666
>Never heard of captive-bred
>>
>>2321647
fact: freshwater fish are infinitely cooler than saltwater fish. you only like salt water so you can feel speschul
>>
>>2321672
Most are not though. Only a very select few.
>>
>>2321683
exactamundo friendo. Theres so much to freshwater that most ppl skip because they want to go straight to muh corals
>>
>>2321686
Which is why I make sure to buy captive-bred.
>>
>>2321584
what makes a fish better than other?
>>
>>2321714
Out of the couple available which do you buy?
>>
>>2321717
there's no answer to that question honestly. It's changed over time. Back in the 30s for example nobody kept more than a couple varieties of what are considered mundane and cheap fish today. Sometime after the 1950s ended the rift lake cichlids entered the hobby and those really electrified people with their color and variety. Generally tropical fish overshadow cold-water or temperate (Holarctic generally) species, which is a great shame because many eastern north american fish are actually extremely colorful (Etheostoma darters and centrarchids, for example). It changes over time. Catfish used to be derided as uninteresting but in recent decades a multitude of new species have arrived (especially loricariids - there are so many undescribed or obscure species out there they are just known by numbers)
>>
>>2321666
>Most are chased out of corals using cyanide
the 80's called, they want their meme back
>>
>>2321666
I'd like to make the case that this is not the case in most places nowadays. You'd have to go somewhere like certain areas of the Philippines or Indonesia in order to get cyanide or dynamite captured fish. Please don't shitpost like that. People might actually take it seriously. Sea shepherd actually tried that in Hawaii, for a bill, and got collectively told to shut up by the entirety of the attending who knew what they were talking about.
>>2321584
I'd argue that from top to bottom, hybrid cichlids should be on top. Then tilapia and similar extremely hardy, large, and or aggresive cichlids.
Next, medium sized and dwarf cichlids/ peaceful or rare large cichlids.
Finally, oddities such as goby, lionhead, chromids, pike, and small niche occupying rift lake cichlids such as gobys, crater nesters, and mackerel cichlids. You could move specifics up or down. I am generalizing.
>>
>>2321721
https://bluezooaquatics.com/productlist.asp?did=1&cid=361
It's a nano tank, so it's not like I'm trying to fill it with every fish imaginable.
>>
>>2321809
youre arguing based on hardiness. im arguing based on popularity (op here)
people go gaga over rift lake cichlids but neglect the (arguably better) other geographic regions
>>
>>2322006
Fair enough, although I think you might've read my list backwards. Maybe? I think hybrids aren't that great, and the odd ones are better. Wasn't really by hardiness, but I guess my tastes do kinda cross over to that.
>>
File: 57c.jpg (180KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
57c.jpg
180KB, 857x1202px
this is the right opinion
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.