[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /an/. My neighbor bought this baby rat to feed to his snake,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 20170122_105123.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170122_105123.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Hi /an/. My neighbor bought this baby rat to feed to his snake, but ultimately the snake wasn't interested due to some recent injury or something. My roommate and I also have a snake, but we don't have the heart to feed this little guy to it.

Anyway, it seems healthy and very energetic and sweet. It seems to make this excited clicking sound when I take it out of its enclosure, and immediately cuddles up on me, sometimes falling asleep, or just sitting there staring, making these clicking sounds. Google gives mixed results on what this is, but it SEEMS like it's just super happy.

Never had a rat before, so can anyone clarify for me if it's a good thing?
>>
Is it a sound he makes with his teeth?
It's called bruxing and a sound of excitement. They do it when happy/super comfy, when nervous and when in severe pain.
If he cuddles up to you, he is feeling comfy.

Consider buying frozen/thawed in the future, for economic, safety (rats can severely harm snakes with their teeth and claws) and humane reasons.
>>
>>2304378
My friend that's a good rat. It's warmed up to you very well. Keep it as a pet, can't tell you how many times I've had a skittish pet rat or mouse and wished for something calm like that.
>>
rats are nice pets and yours sounds happy

make sure to get him a friend of the same sex so he's not alone
>>
>>2304378
That's adorable. Keep us updated on your far as it grows up.
>>
>>2304378
that rat has a large skull OP good specimen, probably healthy, he'll get big
>>
>>2304378
Sounds like you got yourself a new best rat buddy. You usually want to get them a buddy because rats are super social. It seems though it has really taken a liking to you as the "clicking" as someone else said bruxing. they might also shake their eyes in and out and this is also part of them being really happy and its known and boggling.

As someone else said think about frozen, from a safety perspective of the snake it can be very dangerous
Also some advice ive herd from people who own both snakes and rats is wash yourself between touching them because you can get bit by either thinking your food or a predator
>>
Cute rattie! Sounds like it quickly grew attached to you - lucky you!

Be sure to get it a buddy of the same gender. Rats get lonely very easily when not left with their own kind.
>>
Really its not a good idea to feed your snakes live

But your new rat is adorable
>>
That rat really looks too young to be without its mother.

I really hope it makes it, but it doesn't look old enough to be weaned. Consider looking up information on what to feed a rat that young. Good luck and thanks for showing that snake people can appreciate the love of a rat as well.
>>
Do you think it might be too cold? Maybe you should supply it with a hot water bottle to lay against or something?
>>
Anon, the most important thing to do at this point is to take the rat to a vet and see if it has worms or anything, like you would with any other pet.
>>
>>2305008
Agreed, but the good news is you should only have to give it formula for a week or two.

If you're going to keep it, you're going to need another rat and decent cage (can be pretty expensive) or you're going to need to rehome it.
>>
>>2304378
>My roommate and I also have a snake, but we don't have the heart to feed this little guy to it.
Then get a heart to have empathy for your hungry snake
>>
>>2304378
Unless you're gonna bother researching how to feed a rat pup that's under two weeks old. You'll need to feed it formula 4-6 times a day and do that until 2 weeks after it opens its eyes. Then you mix regular feedings and formula feedings for one more week. Good luck man, but if you can't do it, find someone who can or feed it to your snake. Better then it starving to death.
>>
>>2305032
You know frozen foods are the way to go, right? Not even considering the well-being of the rat, it's for the snake's safety.
>>
>>2304656
amen to that bro, that's why I'm not getting any more rats, even though my gf keeps nagging for it
>>
>>2304378
he was chosen by the gods, keep him
>>
>>2304378
Try feeding it to your Snake again?
>>
>>2306047

>This

Also OP I don't blame you on feeding live rats or mice to snakes. I cannot do it either since I have owned hamsters, rats, mouse, and gerbils in the past as well as my reptiles.

Some people can make a line between pets and feeders. (Assuming you generally like the prey animal species as well).

I do frozen for safety reasons and my own soft heart. I have seen too many images of injured snakes in the past.
>>
>>2304657
Do you want rabid gay rats raping each other? It'll be like that chihuahua thread...
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.