[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this guy's advice real or is it just a meme? Do dogs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

File: m211ijYP.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
m211ijYP.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
Is this guy's advice real or is it just a meme? Do dogs really have that "pack mentality" with humans? If you feed a dog before feeding yourself, is it really going to act out as a leader?
>>
>>2303658
No, he's retarded and projects freudian-tier insecurities on to dogs.
I feed my dog first, let her up in my bed at night, and allow her to walk a few paces ahead of me. All of them were handled this way and all of them were incredibly obedient, loving, and docile.
>>
>>2303658
One thing I like that he teaches is that you need to pick a dog with a similar energy level to you. He also shows people that sometimes, you just can not handle your dog (whether it's because they are too low energy compared to their dog, or they aren't strong enough to physically handle their dog, they aren't assertive enough to train the dog, etc) and the only option is to rehome the dog. Not everyone can handle every dog, sometimes you get a dog that isn't for you and you need to find another better suited home for it. He tells some people that have a dog they will never be able to handle to switch dogs with him, and he gives them a dog that is better suited for them. I love that shit.

Other than that he is pretty shit.
>>
>>2303669
This. He also puts an extreme emphasis on exercising the dog before he shows the families any of his dominance crap. Because 99% of those families aren't exercising their dogs enough.
>>
>>2303660
>>2303669

All dogs have a different way of learning. Not all dogs react the best to being spoiled as fuck and will alpha the shit out of your house
>>
The god emporer of /an/ doesnt like him https://youtu.be/eyNtYCPcfcQ
>>
>>2303691
What made you think I insinuated dogs need to be spoiled to be trained?

>>2303830
Doesn't that guy spit in dog's mouths to 'assert dominance'?
>>
>>2303691

No one's saying a dog needs to be spoiled. We're saying his methods are outdated (the man who wrote the original study on alpha-wovles has long since admitted his studies were ineffective in showing pack dynamic as it actually is).
>>
>>2303831

Thats pretty standard for dog trainers that know what theyre doing and its more for putting a nervous dog at ease.
>>
>>2303858
>dog trainers that know what theyre doing
>spoiling
No.
>>
>>2303871

>spoiling

What are you talking about? Peter Caine doesnt use treats.
>>
>>2303858
Can you find an actually good dog trainer that spits in their dog's mouths? Or just that but job and similar but jobs?
>>
That piece of crap doesnt know anything, this is america we dont like brown people and the things they do, we need a 100ft border wall to protect us from all the outsiders that come to america and steal our jobs like this spek thats why a voted for trump to make america great again and give all the jobs bakc to my white people, white people know how to do thier jobs well and we dont need that milan dude up in our land stealing our money. Probably feeds the dogs beans when not being filmed, damn i hate minorites that leech off our system and succed if it wasnt for the minorities my family would not be living in a mobile home and because of mexicans my dad is out of a job and drinks beer all day. The wheels have started turning and america will be great again w/out minorites that dont know nothing
>>
>>2304041

None you would have heard of sport, read a fucking book.
>>
>>2304228
So that's a no then?
>>
>>2304246

Im not doing you homework for you.
>>
>>2304222
still salty, uh?
>>
>>2303658
this guy abuses, and much worse, teaches and condones abusing animals on public television.

I suspect this thread gets made regularly just to trigger /an/ (just like pitbull and outdoor-cats threads)
>>
>>2304247
Burden of proof is on you, guy
>>
He has a few good pieces of general advice (dogs need exercise, etc.) but his training methods are shit, based on bullshit assumptions projecting human ideas onto dogs.

Essentially, he intentionally sets dogs up for failure in order to "correct" said failure (instead of setting dogs up for success/actually teaching them what he wants them to do.) The reason for this is that setting a reactive dog up for failure means you get to see this dog all fired up and reacting and it's ~dramatic~ and so they can display what a "huge difference" his "training" made. But rather than teach the dog to be calm or comfortable, his "training" is where he essentially bullies the dog until they shut down and he elicits a response of learned helplessness.

He really doesn't understand dog body language or behavior and often times mistakes fear aggression/defensive behavior as the dog trying to be "dominant."

So essentially, Cesar is just a TV personality who doesn't actually know what he's doing, but he gets views so it keeps on going and people look to him for "expert" advice because he's portrayed as a competent trainer. I'm not sure if he "knows better" and is choosing to remain ignorant because he's making money this way, or if he really is just a clueless idiot. Either way, most of his advice is shit.

Oh, and Peter Caine, the other "trainer" posted in this thread, is even worse than Cesar in my opinion. Talks out his ass even more than Cesar, and flat out abuses dogs. 0/10 despicable excuse for a human being.
>>
>>2304280

Im not your guy, pal.
>>
>>2304283

Peter Caine understands dogs and teaches them with outstanding results.

Just because he isnt getting them in his bed for a tug job and and peanut butter doesnt mean he is abusive.
>>
>>2304287
>understands dogs
Nope

>teaches them with outstanding results
Try again. I think the word you're looking for is "bullies" not "teaches." All the dogs he is seen with appear fearful and anxious. This is not the look of a healthy relationship between trainer/dog. You can get "outstanding results" (better than Caine's "results") and have a calm, confident, happy animal who is more than eager to obey, instead of a terrified and neurotic one.
>>
>>2304295

I dont think you understand... your opinion does not trump fact.
>>
>>2304300
>I dont think you understand... your opinion does not trump fact.
Amazing, because my point is exactly that.
>>
>>2304287
Peter Cain also gets in petty one sided internet quarrels because he has nothing better to do since his dog training business is failing.
>>
>>2303658
>Is this guy's advice real or is it just a meme?
>just a meme?

what the fuck does that even mean?
>>
>>2304319
Replace 'meme' with 'joke' and see if it makes any more sense.
>>
>>2304247
>i don't know shit about fuck in regards to dog training. I've been caught and called out in this regard, which i find unsettling
FTFY
>>
File: photo.jpg (97KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
97KB, 900x900px
Is this guy legit? I'm on the process of getting a puppy and he looks like a non-abusive trainer
He shills the shit out of things but who doesn't like money
>>
>>2304222
>waaaaahh trump doesn't like ILLEGAL immigrants how racist!
>>
>>2303830
>>2303858
>>2304228
>>2304247
>>2304287
>>2304300
Hi peter
>>
>>2304319
meme doesn't mean image macro you dumb plebbitor.
>an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture
did his training method's spread as just a shitty trend, or did it spread for actual good reason? that is what it means.
>>
>>2304424
don't know why I did an apostrophe there
>>
>>2304422

How ya doin.
>>
>>2304381
he's legit but a total shill, which is ok I guess. He also has a video where he calls people out on the whole dominance alpha bullshit.

https://youtu.be/33mLzcOU5wM

>It's important to understand that these terms: Pack leader, Dominance, Alpha, all of that are not really based in science but rather pop culture.
>>
I don't know shit about dog training or behavior or whatever, or human behavior for that matter. But here's a little bit of human logic applied to humans.

Dogs have been bred for a very long time to respect, obey, and outright seek pleasure and fulfillment from humans. Why at absolute fuck all would it make sense to deconstruct all of that and 'be a dog' to get a dog to obey you? Just be a goddamn human, learn how to communicate with your dog, and everything should be rainbows instead of shitstains.

Yes or no?
>>
>>2304271
This. The guys a fucking jerk and I'm glad the Labrador bit the fuck out of him.
Everyone saying you can't love and coddle your dog and have them be obediant probably also beat thier animals to submission.
My chow has never been forcefully struck, a firm pop on the ass is enough.if it hurts your hand, it's too rough. I use positive reinforcement, all I've ever had to do when he did somthing bad is a firm no, stand tall and very rarely pop his ass.
I've never hit him with excess force and he's an extreamly obediant dog.
Examples, he will NOT eat unless you say "dig in" after pouring his food. He will sit and wait until you give the command, in my house it's even safe to set a plate of food on the floor, he knows not to go near it. When it's time for walks, he knows he has to sit patiently while I get him hooked up, and even when I open the door he waits for me to take the first step out. When meeting new people, he keeps his distance, doesn't rush up on them for love or to be mean. He knows to stay away unless invited over by the guest, and only when the guest says "salu" then he is friendly, intact but never humps. All this with none of that Ceasar shit.
If you cant work with your dog, don't own the dog. Simple. If you have to actually hit your dog in the head,back or anywhere other than a firm smack on the butt, then you've already fucked up. Be an owner, not a tyrant and they will respect your authority.
>>
There's a YouTuber that goes by the pawfressor. He tore apart Cesar's techniques. I think he is legit
>>
>>2304271
>pitbull and outdoor-cats threads)
pitbulls should be wiped out as a dog breed.
minority of dogs responsible for the majority of injuries and kills.
>>
>>2307038
pitbull is not a breed
>>
>>2304285
I'm not your pal, buddy
>>
>>2307055
I'm not your buddy, faggot.
>>
>>2303830
i don't like ceasar either

but i just watched a few of these videos and this guy is straight nuts. i'll never understand the mentality of keeping a prisoner instead of a pet and not letting them enjoy anything in life

my dog sleeps in the bed because he's cuddly and warm and we all enjoy each other's company

i give my dog treats because it's nice to watch him have fun experiencing things

i use a flexi leash (which lock, by the way, to whatever length you need) because i like my dog to enjoy a bit of extra freedom sometimes without having to worry

i actually even like that he's bad sometimes, it makes me laugh when he gets into mischief and acts like a retarded brat
>>
>>2303658
He is a meme

He has been proved to be an animal abuser and there're youtube channels with way better advice than him.
>>
>>2303669
>>2303690
he only talks about physical exercise. never any kind of mental exercise. he also adopted out a malinois with anxiety to a first time dog owner.

what i hate the most is how impatient he is and how he makes common dog problems seem huge. a dog that resource guards isnt "a red zone dog". dont force a dog that doesnt like having its ears touched to have its ears touched by being shoved down. dont flood dogs. read their body language. gdi.
>>
>>2307210
Flexible leads are only bad if your dog isn't well trained AND pulls like hell. And if you keep it locked it doesn't even matter though. I think what happens is too many people get those leads with a dog that isn't trained, will run out to the full 20 ft and continue to pull, and it's very difficult to shorten the lead at that point and you can't control a dog with the lead when it's 20 ft away when you need the dog to stay away from cars, dogs, people etc.
>>
Cesar Millan is by far the best dog whisperer that ever existed.
You guys just say whatever you want to say out of envy.
He is a successful professional and the others have no chance unless they do different shit (and wrong shit, since Cesar's method is the real deal).
>>
>>2307697

1/10. Probably would be more believable if we were on Facebook instead of /an/.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.