[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DIY Cages and Licenses?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: mouse house.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mouse house.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
Would I need any kind of license or permits, or anything involving legalities, to build and sell DIY mouse/rodent cages?

I want to breed feeder/pet mice because I really enjoy the hobby, but since I'll probably only be having two, MAYBE three, litters with each female, I want to ensure them plenty of time to heal and raise their babies healthy, so inbetween breedings I was thinking of making and selling custom cages to go with the mice to their new homes. And since it seems like everything and it's mother needs some kind of license to do now a days, I was wondering if I would need any kind of license to do this?
>>
>>2300954
Nope no license needed if you just want to sell the occasional cage on CL or something. If you want to make a business out of it, then it's tricky.

Would you please, please, pretty please do something similar to the Russian fox project by breeding the least social mice (feeders) together and then on the other spectrum breeding the most social mice (pets) with the other social mice? Given their fast reproduction, with a little work you can easily get very friendly mice given their relative intelligence. I've been wanting to do something like this but I won't be able to in the foreseeable future. Imagine having a line of pet mice that are naturally easy to handle and feeder mice that don't want anything to do with people.
>>
>>2300954
Iirc technically if you make anything over $400 a year (gross?) doing it you have to make it a business and file taxes on the income.
>>
>>2300954
You'd need a business license after reaching a certain amount of income. If you plant to ship your mice, or sell to a store you'll need an animal breeders license, if you are selling face to face you won't need one.
>>
>>2300987
That's already been done basically, look up fancy mice and shows.

I don't want to get that into it, I just really enjoy them and wanted to do it as a hobby.

>>2300996
Well damn that's not very much...then again, I don't know if I'll have all that much time to make that many cages, so ya I could see staying under that limit pretty easily.
>>2301096
>If you plant to ship your mice

Really? What if I'm just selling them as feeders to people with snakes? And giving a very obvious warning that I can't guarantee the health of the mice, or the health of their snake after eating them? I mean I would think that wouldn't be a problem unless I was doing it on a large scale, which I wasn't going to. I was thinking of something closer to maybe five females, andmaybe three or four males and that was it.
>>
>>2302606
As long as your sales transactions are face to face you don't need a license. You might as well get one anyways since it allows you greater legal freedom and makes shipping animals and conducting online sales legal. You even need a license to sell dead animals so you can't do the frozen route either.

Also you only need 2 males per 2-3 females, unless you're trying to increase your mice genetic diversity. Some people even do 1 male per 5 females.
>>
>>2300987
Mice are already domesticated.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.