[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

My university has cat-feeding stations. They are just simple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

My university has cat-feeding stations. They are just simple wooden sheds with a bowl of food.

I don't know how to feel about it.
It's nice seeing cats at night, but you can't really pet them.
I saw a opossum the other night too, so I think it's attracting wildlife.

Is it really hurting anything though?
>>
My uni had a catch, fix, release program which worked really well for ferals. If the cat was friendly I think they would fix it and bring it to an adoption center. I used to get email for their monthly nightings where they would go out and catch all the cats they could
>>
>>2300359
Feeding feral cats doesn't sound like such a good idea, unless you use the occasion to catch and fix them, I guess.
>>
>>2300376
There could be a program like that. I have only been here for a few days so I don't know if they are just feeding them for the fun of it or to take them to shelters.
>>
i wouldn't go to a university with that level of stupidity
>>
It will attract a lot of undesirable pests, like raccoons and skunks. While I do wish it was doable so something like >>2300544 can be done, there's really not a way to do that without getting wildlife dependent on cat food, and allowing the cats to easily reproduce (let's be honest, in a college town you will not be able to fix all of the cats in a colony)
>>
File: 4534546.jpg (31KB, 550x550px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4534546.jpg
31KB, 550x550px
Sound pretty dope yo. Wish you could pet the little bastards, but it sounds like it's set up as more of a sanctuary for strays and the like rather than "pets". Don't think the wildlife will be too much of an issue, but if bigger/more aggressive animals start poking in, you might want to raise your concerns since you don't want diseases/fighting. Pic unrelated
>>
My mom does this (we do Trap Neuter Release as well). However, it has attracted some raccoons and one opossum.
I feel kind of badly for letting them get dependent on us, but it's just one family of raccoons that lives in a hole in our tree in our backyard. We feed the birds, why not the raccoons?
>>
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but has anyone here gone to a uni animal/nature club before? I wanted to go to one at my uni but after some digging I'm worried they are going to be Tumblr tier vegans, and I don't know if I would be able to bite my tongue long enough. Don't get me wrong, I love animals, but I'm much more realistic than the type who want to kill themselves to help their cause.
>>
>>2300934
Op here.
I say go, if they actually act like tumblr vegans just leave. You don't have to bad mouth them, I think you have more control than that.
Check out it. It could be very interesting.
>>
>>2300986
It's not that I'm worried I'd rip someone a new asshole. I'm more concerned about accidentally voicing an opinion that isn't quite politically correct to them. Things like not all farms are bad, and some local small scale farms treat their meat animals well and dispatch them humanely. If I go ahead and say well gee not all farmers are the devil, I don't know what kind of backlash I'd get. And that PETA is a joke. Shit I could say to normal people might be a radical view to them.
>>
>>2301387
I see.
Say what you want to say, if they get offended, it's obviously not the club for you.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.