[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This poor fella was brought in by our cat and smacked into the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0391.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0391.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
How it's just sitting on my foot an the front porch.

What is the right course of action for me to take?
>>
kys
>>
File: IMG_0392.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0392.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Picture of me perching it on my finger D:
>>
>>2299885

Euthanize your cat so that it stops killing birds.
>>
>>2299885
You're the reason it's in bad shape. You did this when you let your cat outside to terrorize cute little berds and other woodland creatures. You're not a responsible human being in the eyes of most people on this board. Just end this thread now before it begins.
>>
It's calmly sitting on you because it is in shock at very best. Take it too a vet or a wildlife rehab immediately you irresponsible dimwit. This is the equivalent of you chilling with an alligator because you are so damaged and shaken up you no longer realize it can kill you. And before you give us some shit about not having money for a vet and there not being a wildlife rehab around you just fucking kill yourself. On top of all that, give your cat to someone who will actually take care of it. Nobody who cares about an animal lets it freerange outside.
>>
Allow your cat to devour it, it is stupid and weak and has proven it doesn't deserve to pass on genes
>>
>>2299885
>>2299888
kill it.
>>
>>2299888
1. Put on shoes
2. Heal it and raise it to eventually fight your cat and win
>>
>>2300173

This is actually the correct answer. Nature is not a hugbox. For the betterment of birds everywhere, this one is food for the cat.
>>
>>2300276
Fucking fluffyanon get out of here
>>
>>2300173
>>2300276
wrong because being able to avoid cats isn't a requirement for passing on genes in areas where cats don't naturally occur. that's like forcing a human underwater and saying they deserved to drown and it was natural selection because the individual didn't magically adapt to live underwater.

>>2299885
keep your cat inside. your cat most likely kills birds everyday, but they don't bring them home because cats establish huge territories that can be too far from your home to bring "gifts" back.
>>
>>2300276
>catfags
>>
>>2300276
Fucking fluffy anon, Stop hiding from me you animal abuser show yourself
>>
>>2301313
How do you know cats dont naturally occur there

There are many native species of feline where i live and i live in the range of that invasive pest bird
>>
>>2299885
Cute birb, you should post some more pics. Nevermind the shitposters.
>>
>>2301352
Because they're domestic cats, idiot. They're not native anywhere.
>>
>>2301352
well I just assumed he didn't live in asia or africa in the middle of nowhere. those places aren't even safe to let your cats out anyway
>>
File: Puma_(genus)_range.png (21KB, 432x570px) Image search: [Google]
Puma_(genus)_range.png
21KB, 432x570px
>>2301556
Theyre much smaller than the native cats, uourr right.

>>2301571
Hmm so half of the united states is the middle of nowhere

and im not even going to start on the range of bobcats
>>
>>2301313
>areas where cats don't naturally occur.
a small island? australia?
antarctica?
>>
>>2301313
My evolution professor would eat you alive.
>>
>>2299890
>kill the cat for acting like a cat
??
>>
>>2301590
Why would you have your fucking cat outside if there are wild cats that are more vicious and can potentially kill it?
Keep your cat inside or build a catio in your fucking backyard like a responsible owner.
>>
>>2301590
In what fucking dimension do you live in where pumas are in any way comperable to domestic cats?
>>
>>2301313
Cats and humans have lived together for millennia, the rest of nature has had enough time to figure out that cats happen where humans are.
>>
>>2299885
>>2299888
>those feet

are you a hobbit
>>
>>2301637
I don't. Good assumptions though.

>>2301645
I guess not the dimension of moving goalposts you live in.
>>
Ibuprofen usually calms cats down enough to keep them from killing
>>
>>2301632
>Killing a child rapist for acting like a child rapist
??

if you can't control your pet, why have it?
>>
>>2301699
Either your cat was left outside or a bird flew into your house.
Keep your cat indoors.
>>
Has anyone tried to domesticate squirrels?
Like the Silver Fox Experiment.

Or any small animal thats pretty easily tamed.
>>
>>2301770
im not op rofl

epic 12 year old logic my man
>>
>>2299885
Keep it as a pet
>>
>>2301824
So you want someone who lets his cat outside to make a bird his pet?
Bad move
>>
>>2301590
those are fucking cougars not domestic cats you retard
>>
>>2303639
He said cats
>>
>>2301656
not in the US. native americans didn't have domestic cats. it hasn't been long enough at all for them to adapt here.

and even in europe an animal can't just overturn it's entire instincts to deal with a relatively new threat like that. a millenia isn't a long period of time in an evolutionary scale.
>>
>>2303641
yeah cat as in felus catus, also known as CAT. no other cat species is just called "cat." I'm sorry you're too retarded to make connections
>>
>>2303646
All cat species are cats my dude
>>
>>2299885
A bird got lost once in my front yard, I was hanging out with a friend and I kept making jokes about wanting to microwave it
I ended up chasing him while he shooed the bird, I was obviously joking, I don't want bird vicera in my microwave, my friend was such an autist he almost got the bird runover by a car
/An/ reminds me of my moron friend a lot
>>
>>2301721
>comparing outdoor cats to child rapists
>implying outdoor cats aren't less tolerable than rapists
Their owners are even worse.
>>
>>2299885
Take it to a rehab facility. Most window strikes end up dying even if they get away.
Then kill your cat.

Looks to be a pine siskin if anyone was wondering.
>>
>>2303648
>o cool u have a cat? cool is it a lion or a panther or a lynx my dude
>cat is a cat
>>
>>2301313
>humans do human things like domesticating other animals
>domesticate cats to kill plagued mice and rodents eating crops
>humans move to areas they naturally venture to
>as a consequence, domesticated cats also move to areas naturally that their human masters naturally went to
>enact natural selection
Humans are a part of nature, by bringing cats into areas they weren't previously, we just create a new natural paradigm. The cats and humans are naturally occurring where they venture to.
>>
>>2304190
>I can jump through all these hoops, and bring up some irrelevant shit, all in an effort to justify the fact that I am just too lazy to look after my cat, and take responsibility for my pets actions.
>>
>>2304190

ahaha catfags are so fucking lazy and irresponsible.

Hope a car or a coyote takes care of your vermin.
>>
>>2301623
Evolution professor?
>>
>>2301632
cops kill niggers for acting like niggers. and your cat is acting like a nigger.
>>
>>2300001
In shock? Care to explain in more detail. I'm curious. Not OP
>>
>>2306099
In shock because OPs cat almost killed it.
>>
>>2304190
>muh natturrrrrr

Catfags really tell themselves this!

Screencapped so you can educate people about the dangers of cat ownership in the future /an/on.
>>
Get your cat a bell collar, if you want real advice

You won't be able to make your cat less of an outdoor cat until he gets older, he'll go out less and less

The bell collar will scare away most birds
>>
>>2306130
I get that. What I'm asking is this. How isn't the Bird flying away from OP out of instinct or fear and instead resting beside OP?

>This is the equivalent of you chilling with an Alligator because you are so damaged and shaken up you no longer realize it can kill you.

>no longer realize it can kill you.

What does the green text mean?
>>
>>2306193
When you're in shock you can't think clearly. That anon was saying that the bird sitting calmly on OP's leg is like if someone got attacked by an alligator and was so out of it from shock that they just sat there while the alligator took a break.

A better example is something I've seen in the aftermath of car crashes. Sometimes someone will be so dazed from shock that they'll stumble out of their car and into the path of oncoming traffic, because they aren't capable of processing what's going on around them.
>>
>>2299888
>What is the right course of action for me to take?

Buy a pumice stone and go to work on those soles. Gross.

Then, consider bringing it to an animal shelter or vet, I imagine they are the only people wouldn't just kill the thing or release it into the wild.
>>
>>2299885
Deep fry after gutting in a thin crispy batter.
>>
>>2299885
such a qt
>>
File: disgusting2.jpg (159KB, 621x621px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting2.jpg
159KB, 621x621px
>>2306899
>eating animals
>>
File: Fuck you ho.gif (559KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you ho.gif
559KB, 200x200px
>>2307487
>>
>>2306899
I wouldn't most birds are parasite ridden.
>>
>>2301313
Because species have never moved into a new area before humans. Nope, migration only happens because humans.

McFucking Kill Yourself

I don't even own a cat, by the by.
>>
>>2301805
People used to have pet squirrels! Idk if they were really 'domesticated' though.
>>
File: IMG_20161215_075720.jpg (2MB, 3024x3050px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161215_075720.jpg
2MB, 3024x3050px
>>2300424
Excuse me, I am from another board but have come here to talk about my pup and how cute she is. Please can you tell me the story behind fluffy? I understand it refers to irresponsible cat owners who have outdoor cats?
>>
>>2301313
well guess what, cats naturally occur all over the place now
they were introduced to the Americas centuries ago and if we could just get rid of stray and wild cats we would've done it already, they're here to stay
>>
>>2301556
You do realize domestic cats were not created from scratch, right? They were bred from a small species of wild cat in the Middle East.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/06/070628-cat-ancestor_2.html
>>
When I was a kid I grew up next to a mentally ill alcoholic bird lover. She would sit in the window with a 90s video camera trying to video tape our cat when it caught birds in our yard, then she came over to yell at us and show us video evidence
>>
>>2308441
If a mentally ill and alcoholic person knows that cats are bad for the environment, then what does that say about you?
>>
>>2308441
also, and I wasnt gonna tell this shit, cause its so fucking unbelievable, but our cats favorite hunt was magpies. We had abolutely incredible number of magpies in our yard and neighborhood, and whenever I opened the door to the porch the magpies were fucking alarming that shit out in every direction, like a chain reaction of birds screaming out "that cat is coming out!". Either way, they sometimes grouped up on him and he would have to retreat home. One day he was apparently fighting magpies in the bird lady´s yard and they had backed him up in a corner. They were diving from the trees, that were fucking covered in birds, they were on the grass forming a sort of half circle around the cornered cat, and the bird lady was in the middle of her lawn screaming and waving a rake wildly. After a moment of amusement I decided he definitely needed help badly, so I put on my moped helmet and ran over there, being greeted by crazy rake wielding bird lady who got aggressive and tried to strike me with the rusty metal forky end of her rake. I ran into the birds creating a flight opportunity for the cat and then dashed over the fence to the back door where my cat was waiting. Felt like a real bonding experience.
>>
>>2308452
It really doesnt say much about me at all. I was a kid who grew up in a house with a cat, in a country where cats are common and indoor cats are not a thing. How the fuck would I come to think that that was wrong, unless someone reasonable told me about that
>>
>>2308458
Fair enough
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.