[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>reading apartment lease agreement >"must declaw cats"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

File: 135626553.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
135626553.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>reading apartment lease agreement
>"must declaw cats"

why is this a thing?

i managed to get the manager to make an exception, but seeing this makes me sick.
>>
I think I'd rather be homeless. I don't know why it's so difficult for people to understand why cutting off an animal's fingers to make your life easier is unethical. Glad your kitty's fingers are safe, anon.
>>
i'd be more worried about their nasty ass piss ruining the place, personally
>>
Either this is a thinly veiled stop-sterilization thread, or females are incapable of understanding irony
>>
Do these places actually check?
>>
>>2298278
It's true. Nothing ruins carpet or wood flooring like ass piss.
>>
Adopt a cat who was already declawed, win for you and win for the cat
>>
>>2298271
You're lucky they allow cats at all. I wouldn't rent an apartment that used to have a cat living in it. You can smell it immediately.
>>
>>2298917
What kind of apartments are you looking at that smell like cat piss?
>>
File: declawing nonsense.png (197KB, 767x614px) Image search: [Google]
declawing nonsense.png
197KB, 767x614px
Why do so many in the veterinary field not have a problem with it? Is it just a money issue? This girl is a good friend of mine and a vet tech but she seemed to have no idea what the process entailed. I tried to explain to her that I valued my cat over my furniture and she unfriended me.
>>2298917
Changing the litterbox frequently and scooping daily. My cat literally has never pissed anywhere but the box. (She has pooped in the shower twice in the eight years I've owned her, both when I forgot to put down a new box, but that's the most convenient place to shit that isn't the litterbox in the whole house.)
>>
>>2299025
Declawing is a really profitable procedure.
>>
>>2299025
What if that vet actually has a point?
She made her statement based on personal experience and education in the vetenarian field, not memes and opinions from a Cantonese scrapbooking forum.
>>
>>2298917
Usually if you move into a new apartment and it still smells of cat piss. Thats not really cant piss, its ammonia that meth heads used to make meth. Usually you can locate the source of the smell, which tends to be in spots like the master bedroom closet, or in the water heater room. Sometimes it'll be where your crawl space or attic is. Unless you got an apartment that wasn't cleaned properly before moving in, you shouldn't smell cat pee.
>>
File: claws_with_nerves_and_ligaments.jpg (33KB, 610x198px) Image search: [Google]
claws_with_nerves_and_ligaments.jpg
33KB, 610x198px
>>2299069
She's wrong, though. This is from a veterinary textbook. It isn't an exact comparison, but you really are removing more than claws: the flesh, ligaments bones and nerves in the tips of the paws. (The comparison I keep hearing is it's like removing the first segment of your fingers and leaving nubs.) I mean, it's illegal in pretty much every single other first world country except the US. From Wikipedia, it's banned in: England, Scotland, Wales, Italy, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Norway, Sweden, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Denmark, Finland, Slovenia, Portugal, Belgium, Spain, Brazil, Australia, New Zealand.
I also don't like how it makes cats: they WILL bite more. And hard. They will never be able to defend themselves if they get outside.
I was getting a rescue of mine neutered and the vet tech at the front desk asked me if I was getting him declawed, too... I got a little emotional, told her, NO, I don't DO that to my cats, and I think it's terrible you even offer a surgery that has no medical purpose.
The girl in question, I just checked her Facebook page and she's bragging about docking her doberman's tail and cropping its ears. Another entirely unnecessary surgery.
>>
>>2299069
Uhh, you do know in order for the cat to no longer grow back its claw, they must remove the cats first knuckle? Literally imagine of all the tips of your fingers down the the first knuckle under the nail where chopped off. Yeah you can live a perfectly healthy life, but you would constantly think about your deformed hands and it would also feel like something is missing even after a few years. Shit even people that have missing limbs will have phantom sensation of cold or warm, even itchy on their missing leg or arm but realise it's been gone for years. This is a terrible realization for a human with coping mechanisms. I couldn't imagine how a cat could cope with that.
>>
>>2299077
When I was I child I heard the did cropping by stapling the ears together.
>>
>>2299077
Ok fair enough.
>>2299078
You keep comparing it to people,as if the situation is exactly the same as losing finger tips from a human hand.
You will have a hard time convincing anybody that declawing is bad with that argument.
>>
>>2299077
Cropping ears and docking the tail aren't totally unnecessary. They were originally used for work dogs. Especially on ships or scrap yard type places. The dogs ears amd tail would have less chance of being caught in something that could potentially hurt it. Also some dogs are more agile when docked at younger ages. It also is technically for hunting dogs, so when the dog runs through the brush it doesn't get caught up on anything, also if you ever seen a hog and how close a dog must get to those teeth the last thing you want is a floppy ear just waiting to be grabbed. There is more realistic types of things you can gain from doing this to a dog. But you can't name one possible benefit for the animal by removing the cats first line of defense.
>>
>>2299080
How is it any different?
The most dangerous part of a human, its hands. The most dangerous part of a cat, its paws.

The only difference is humans have copping mechanisms to get around the deformity. Cats don't have a way to cope with this.

So please tell me how it's any different to do this to a human over a cat? How does it improve anyone or anythings life from doing it?

Why can't you just give up your cat if you feel like mutilating it for your own personal gains? Would you do this to your child just in case he was going to be aggressive and possibly shoot someone? Im sure its pretty hard to accurately shoot if all the tips of your fingers are removed. So why is this not a method of lowering crime in humans?

If you want to claim someones argument is flawed, maybe provide a counter argument to prove your theory. Instead of just spouting ignorant rants with little to no information about your side.
>>
>>2299084
The range of motion in a human hand is far more extensive than that of a cat.
Medical surgery is far more advanced when dealing with human hands compared to that of a cats paw
A human hand goes through many, many more intricate functions throughout the day then a cat. This is not to say cats don't use thier paws, just not to the same extent as a human.
As long as you continue to compare an animal to a human people will say you are anthromorphisizing(sp?) weather that is the case or not.
All I'm saying is that this post explains everything very well>>2299077, while your post pleads to emotions by saying its just like cutting the tips of your fingers off. While you may or may not have a point, approaching it that way won't convince anyone because frankly you come off as an over sensitive animal enthusiast relying on shock and emotions to prove a point.
>>
>>2299101
how is the range of motion and more extensive in just the tip of the finger? also you dont need the tips of your fingers to do the majority of tasks just specialized thing like touch and fine movements. the cats use theirs for the exact same shit. i compare the two because there are a lot of similarities. my post pleads to the reasoning behind mutilation of an animal for no viable reason. if its to protect your stuff then dont get a cat. or teach the cat to not destroy your stuff. if its for your own safety, again DON'T GET A CAT. its that simple. for you to surgically remove an important body part of an animal without a viable reason to benefit the animal is just barbaric selfish logic.
>>
>>2299108
I'm not arguing for or against declawing, I am bringing the point that people will never listen to your argument if you continue to compare the procedure to that of losing a human fingertips. These people have a right to do this because the average person does not consider themselves equal to a cat.
Again you may be 100% correct, but if you can't convey your argument properly it will fall on deaf ears.
>>
>>2299101
It's just as bad if not worse because cats walk on their toes. At least if you're missing the tips of your fingers or whatever that isn't the part of your body all your weight is put on constantly.

I don't like people cropping stuff on dogs, but again it isn't nearly as negative of an impact on the animal as declawing.
>>
>>2299137
The majority of the American public is uneducated about the subject, and see nothing out of the ordinary about the procedure.
It's very obvious that awareness needs to raised, and I feel that it is possible as long as the subject is approached correctly. I just don't feel that shock images and vocabulary, or making people out to be worse than Hitler because of decisions they made based on something considered normal is the way to do it.
If you want to red pill people do it with facts, sources, and logic. Just like you did by bringing up the fact they have to walk on altered feet. Comparing people or thier body parts to a cat and then asking someone to put themselves in the cats situation seems counter productive because most people will dismiss it as exaggerations and drama. Especially since it is already considered a normal thing to do.
This is a very informative thread, I wish more people had access to the info here in hopes of educating the general public.
>>
>>2298921
any one that has had a cat living in it

they're objectively nasty
>>
>>2299069
Must be a Democrat. If it's against a narrative, it doesn't exsist.
>>
Tbh most people say its going to be a declare or euthanasia/putting in humane society when their cat is tearing up their furniture. Not that its right, but that's the most common thing I hear in the clinic when trying to convey to a client what a declaw does.
>>
>>2299164
Declaw not declare
>>
>>2299164
And most of those people haven't tried other solutions. So many people don't believe cats can be trained, so they don't try.
>>
>>2298271
Maybe.they don't want your disgusting animal damaging the house and killing all the wildlife. Why is this so hard for you catfags to understand?
>>
>>2299169
We suggest training and people just laugh, soft paws (those caps for the claws) and people say they're too much work or that they smell bad (I don't know where that one comes from), getting deterrents or plastic covers for whatever is being scratched, and new items for the car to scratch like posts and cardboard toys but people generally have their mind made up when they walk in the clinic.
>>
>>2299160
I'm actually quite conservative. As evident by the post you quoted because I based my view on the logic that a vet tech might have a better understanding of animal anatomy than a typical /an/ poster.
>>
even when we arent equal its an animal that is reliant on us for its survival and you think its okay to mutilate it for no benefit to the animal itself? why own a pet like that then?
>>
>>2299170
Or they just see the procedure as normal because they don't know any better, and are uneducated about the unwarranted pain, discomfort, and suffering that is the result of declawing cats.
At least that's the case in the US.
>>
>>2299075
>catfags are this retarded
>>
>>2299081
Yeah, I could see that. The problem is hers is just a family dog. So many people in the veterinary field seem to be blind to the fact that unnecessary surgeries are never a good idea. I feel bad even neutering or spaying my cats, but I don't want them fighting or, more importantly, knocking eachother up.

>>2299159
Dude, cats don't stink if you change their litter box. Dogs fucking reek. I get to the point where I will not pet peoples' dogs because my hand will smell gross until I hit it with a lot of hot water and soap.
Maybe it's just because people don't bathe their dogs regularly. But I don't go around telling people with dogs to feed it baker's chocolate topped with avocado because I'm bitter. I've had much more problems with dogs running around my neighborhood and attacking me than I have had with cats. I have had to threaten to shoot several peoples' dogs after they were running loose with no owner and aggressive to me, my little sister, or my dog. One owner had the audacity to tell me that if I had such a problem that I shouldn't walk my dog down his street because he won't always be there to call it and stop it from attacking me or my dog. I told him I was going to go home and get my father's shotgun and if the dog was still loose I was going to fucking shoot it and dump it on his doorstep. I came back and it was gone. But I don't shit up every thread with anti-dog rhetoric.
>>
>>2298271
>apartment
1. Well meaning people are stupid and dont know how to pick up cats which wander onto property

2. Kids are mean to cats and get scratched

3. Some cats are smart enough to know scratching on walls or furniture only gets them in trouble if its your walls or furniture
>>
>>2298271
When they ban infant male circumcision, maybe they will ban this. This is almost the same thing, but for cats.
>>
File: 1481867750476.jpg (7KB, 235x181px) Image search: [Google]
1481867750476.jpg
7KB, 235x181px
Had dogs and cats my entire life along with reptiles. Never had a cat piss in my house except for when I found out my exroommate beat it while I was gone and she pissed on his shit because of it, cunt deserved it though.

Only most anti-cat people are douches who say they piss on everything. Can a cat be like that? Yep. If you are a good owner can you avoid it or rectify it after the first time? Yep.

Exceptions to everything and on the subject of declawing it's a cunt move and if anyone does that to save their precious furniture don't get the cat get something else. I guarantee if dogs shredded with their claws somehow dog people would see declawing as inhumane. I don't see people pulling their dogs teeth out and feeding them mush meals. Over the top but many fuckers in here so whatever, you don't have to like an animal to generally care about their well-being.
>>
>>2299623
I'm against circumcising babies but to compare the two is dumb since the consequences of each are way different. Plus declawing is already banned in just about all developed countries aside from America. Other places it's considered animal cruelty
>>
>>2299623
Exactly what I was thinking.
>>
>>2298271
Good. I'm glad. Declawing is just what you DO to cats. It'd be disrespectful to have the cat scratch up the landlord's property. You're willing to be kicked out just because of a cat? Something you could've prevented?
>>
>>2299770
>Something you could've prevented?
Yeah, by not getting a cat.
>>
>>2299772
Hey that works too
>>
>>2299770
>getting an animal
>turning it into a plushie
>>
>>2299189
#triggered
>>
>>2299775
It does.
I really don't have anything against other people's cats, I just personally don't want one.
That being said I don't understand why people want to put an animal through the hell that is the declawing process. If you aren't willing to accept the responsibilities and inconvenience of owning an animal then don't get it. Whether that's changing a stinking box of cat piss and shit, or taking precautions to keep your shit from getting scratched up.
Not that hard of a concept.
>>
>>2299784
?
Dafug you on about Jamal?
>>
>>2299785
I'm that one poster you replied to. I agree too. Just don't get the cat
>>
>>2299081
Not totally unnecessary.... Then proceeds to list slavery as a reason for necessity. This post is worse than bait.
>>
>>2299791
>slavery
Your post is worse than bait faggot.
Enjoy the (You)
>>
>>2299075
>catfags in full denial
Dogs rule.
>>
>>2299447
maybe you should move out of the ghetto
>>
>>2299812
Because soccer moms are so much better with their dogs...
>>
>>2299812
My city is white as hell. The average median income is 60k. Pretty average.
It's just that these assholes buy property in my nice, white city and turn it into rentals. Some of the worst animal owners in my neighborhood were due to rednecks renting properties. I go and fight new rental properties tooth and nail at our city council meetings. You should really see some of the insides of these apartments once these people move out. Disgusting. I used to donate clothes to the people whose dogs I would later threaten to shoot. Turns out they didn't have running water, so they'd just wear them once and then throw them into the basement of their house, where they'd shit and piss in buckets. One health inspector had to be taken to the hospital after entering the basement it made him so ill.
>>
>>2300158
maybe you should move out of the ghetto
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.