[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Insect Suggestions Please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 20170109_175650.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170109_175650.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Made a terrarium on a whim. I would love a spider or insect but have zero experience. Any one have some species that would work in that so I can read up on them.
>>
>Made a terrarium
no, you prepared a killing jar for moss and selaginella.
>>
I used to do this as a kid and kept all kinds of beetles, snails and insects in it until I realised I was retarded and the poor moss was dying, the insect was dying, everything was dying but mold.

Mold feeds on our mistakes.
>>
>>2295262
>it's an insect deathtrap you fucking monster!
It's time for you to take few handfuls of sleeping pills you hysterical fuckup. It looks nice OP but I would start with a screen top for it if you could find one to match. Otherwise look for some local insects on the internet and see what you would like. A single cricket would be a good start imo.
>>
I'll go get a screen top from the LFS. Not sure about optimal lighting. But for now its piggy backing off the Par30 Full spectrums I use to grow Macroalgae.
>>
>>2295265
>>2295262
Would you care to elaborate about what the flaw with this is? I don't quite understand.
>>
>>2295258
ROLLIE POLLIES!!!

ALL OF THE ROLLIE POLLIES!!!
>>
>>2295265
>Mold feeds on our mistakes.
This was how I got into this: >>2295460
Isopods keep down the mold and all comes full circle. Except the moss, poor thing.
>>
>>2295258
How do i do this.
Also OP just catch a spider or Beatle and find out what it is and what it eats.
I did that when I was 10.
>>
>>2295455
it is not trivial to keep the plants alive and insects produce constant waste
>>
Oh I like the Pill Bug idea! Lol I've got aquatic isopods might as well get some land ones.
>>
>>2295258
Perhaps a jumping spider? I have a few in jars and the only thing really would be to remove the husks of their food
>>
>>2295518
what do you feed them? I attempted the exact thing as op with a jumping spider and it died soon after
>>
>>2295526
fruit flies
>>
>>2295281
you idiot, he wasn´t talking about the insects, he was talking abour the moss and the Selaginella, as he stated.
And he is right, they will die 100% in there
>>
>>2295628
Can confirm what living thing is placed in there, will eventually die.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.