[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prairie dog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 300px-Prairie_Dog.jpg (53KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Prairie_Dog.jpg
53KB, 300x450px
Anyone have these? How are they as a pet?
>>
I think Prairie dogs are adorable but I've heard they're destructive little shits. They are extremely social animals so you need to have a lot of time for them
>>
>>2293861
Yeah.. Sadly heard the same.
>>
My brother has had one ore two. Chewed a hole through his bedroom wall. They're smelly too but my brother
loves them as pets. His ran around the house terrorizing people and biting their feet.
Guests thought it was a wild squirrel that snuck inside.
>>
My local mall pet shop had them around a few years back. They aren't legal in my state. I did some research on them; they are incredibly social, and would do best with at least 2 if not more. They require a huge cage, one you'd have to build yourself because pet stores don't sell premade cages that big. They also like to burrow so it will need to be deep and you'll need a lot of bedding. They are fun to watch though. They cost $350 a pop here
>>
>>2293805
They're fun, just gotta get your name neutered otherwise they become wild and not very friendly. They need a very large deep cage with hard packed dirt so they can burrow. You also need to spend a lot of time with them daily to tame them and keep them tame. They're illegal were I live, but thankfully I pled mea culpa.
I wouldn't suggest owning them unless you're experienced with difficult and time consuming pets. You're honestly better off getting flying squirrels or Degus if you want something newly domesticated.
>>
>>2293921
*male not name.
>>
>>2293921
Thanks. I'm basically looking into small cuddly pets for my little sister. I don't want dog or cat, ferrets would chew every cable and piss everywhere and she doesn't like rats. Any other ideas.
>>
>>2293948
Degus of you can find them. A Syrian hamster, or a bunny. Bunnies will chew cables but you can train them not to.
>>
>>2293974
She currently has hamster. It's the most tame and smartest hamster ever, we love him he is sadly getting old and she wants something bigger. I think I had degu when I was young but he wasn't cuddly at all and chewed everything so bunny is only option left I guess.
>>
>>2293805
kick it in the dick
>>
>>2293805
I hope for your sake that you enjoy catching the bubonic plague.
>>
My roommate said she had one as a kid, but it was only bonded to her and hostile to others. They had to get rid of it after it bit her mom's wrist open.
>>
>>2294530
>They had to get rid of it after it bit her mom's wrist open.
>>
>>2294380
i think they also carry TB. either way, they seem like more work then they're worth.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.