[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Time Poster, Rats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0407.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0407.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Hello, it's my first time posting. I am worried about my hairless rat. She is over a year old and my two rats are the first cage pets i've ever had. The first skin problem she had was a black head zit on her forehead (included in photo) but now she had a discolored bulge directly over her eye. it is discolored pink, purple and red, and about the size as her eyeball. I hope it isnt a big deal, but i am worried. Please help
>>
>>2293369
You need to take your rat to a vet. There is no home remedy we can give you. Take it to a vet.
>>
File: IMG_4559.jpg (113KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4559.jpg
113KB, 640x1136px
OP Here. I would love to take her to a vet but i don't really have the money to..
>>
File: IMG_4573.jpg (1MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4573.jpg
1MB, 1936x2592px
Before i take her to the vet i was wondering if anyone else had this problem before
>>
File: IMG_0062.jpg (89KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0062.jpg
89KB, 640x1136px
bump with more of my beautiful rats
>>
>>2293378
Reminds me of the time I got a stye.
If it doesn't go down in the next day or so, you need to go to the vet to get the infection lanced.
>>
>>2293377
If you don't have the money to take them to the vet, then you don't have the money to own them. Pets are a luxury item and not a right.
>>
Might be a tumor.
>>
File: IMG_4200.jpg (37KB, 359x580px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4200.jpg
37KB, 359x580px
>>2293384
Thank you! that sounds good!
>>
>>2293369
>>2293377
>>2293378
If you won't take it to a vet, you have to accept it
as an issue that will likely persist and possibly worsen into something grotesque and painful. You could try a dedicated rat forum for identification and possible DIY minor surgery but not only is that risky, it's also likely to not even be an explored option since owners dedicated enough to sperg on the internet about their pets likely take them to the vet regularly.

>>2293384
It isn't even known if it's something that should be lanced, don't give him any ideas about shoving sewing needles into his rat's facial growth.
>>
>>2293417
dont get me wrong i can totally take her to the vet. i mostly came here i guess to see if anyone has seen this before but i should take this to a dedicated rat forum.Thank you
>>
i have two hairless animals (dog and guinea pig) and over the years have noticed that they are prone to zits that can swell up pretty monsterously. rats ARE prone to tumors (ive owned one of those as well) but at only a year old my inclination is for a blocked pore/zit/stye type situation. monitor it closely, these things usually begin to go down within a few days. if it is bigger next week- vet time.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.