[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Animal Shelter Construction and Management game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Animal-Shelter-Escape-4.jpg (181KB, 530x270px) Image search: [Google]
Animal-Shelter-Escape-4.jpg
181KB, 530x270px
Not sure if this would be a good place to ask, but I've been wanting to do a 2d construction and management game similar to Prison Architect and Rim World, but where you control an animal shelter. I am in charge of the basic game designs, drawing up all the people and animals, and I also have to give the development team information on instances (how likely x is to occur if y is present, etc, in the form of percentages preferably.). I have a ton of ideas, but unfortunately the team is pretty clueless about the workings of a shelter and are generally unhelpful with bouncing ideas. On the flip side, when I talk to animal lovers, they don't quite understand the video game aspect of the question. So I guess that leads me to my main question; how well do you think an in depth shelter management game would do if reasonably priced? The rest of the team is convinced it won't do well and are just in as a side job, since there doesn't seem to be much of an overlap.
>>
Make it mobile and market it middle aged women, the type that actually run shelters.
Rainbow bridge, fur babies ect ect.
>>
>>2293221

This. And make it so a portion of the microtransactions are donated. That will guarantee a healthy influx of people.
>>
You'll have to figure out how long a teenager can choke an average dog to scare it enough without killing it.
>>
>>2293221
>>2293231
There's already quite a few mobile games along those lines, and since phones can't handle as much as I'm planning on doing, I would need to dumb the whole concept down to the point where it would be more or less the same shit.

That's a good point about proceeds going towards donations though. I would probably do a 'choose your charity' thing since I'm not a fan of donating to HSUS and ASPCA
>>
>>2293199
I'm working in a shelter and I've played Prison Architect for a while. Your idea has good potential.

Maybe your team should have a guided tour in a shelter to see how things work :)
>>
>>2293453
I've actually worked in a shelter for years, and I believe I know the inner workings. The issue is how to make it into an interesting video game. My first iteration was absolutely chaotic and far too realistic. The difficulty curve was more like Capitalism, and I wanted to tone it down to something more like Theme Hospital level. I'm just having a hard time incorporating ideas that would fit I guess.

This would be heavily influenced by prison architect though. There will be euthanasia so I'm not sure if it will cater to animal lovers too well.

I was actually thinking of calling a few CEOs and asking questions about how they run their boards, how they influence laws, etc because I wanted to add CEOs and Board of Directors but I nixed the idea for a much simpler skill tree instead.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.