[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, an, I plan on keeping an indoor cat soon and instead of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1480823186781.jpg (117KB, 600x828px) Image search: [Google]
1480823186781.jpg
117KB, 600x828px
Hey, an, I plan on keeping an indoor cat soon and instead of buying one I'd like to rescue it off the street.
So, what's the most effective bait to lure cats and kittens from blocks away? I plan on trapping them in a drop trap until I find a really young one to adopt, vet, and tame for a life indoors. The other cats trapped will be given to shelters.
>>
>>2287103
Luring stray cats from surrounding areas toward your home is a terrible idea.
>>
>>2287104
They're gonna be lured to the empty lot across the street--i'm not concerned.

So far I've left tuna out 3 nights in a row and nothing.
>>
>>2287130
Don't listen to this guy. Antifreeze kills cats.
>>
>>2287202
g8 b8 m8
>>
>>2287236
>g8
Gheight?
>>
>>2287112
It will take time for the cats to realize there is anything there in the first place. Also, there's a good chance the cats are scared of the trap. Try covering the trap with leaves and sticks or a blanket to make it look more secure. Your area may not even be as over run with cats as you think. It's winter in the US so you picked the worst time to find a kitten. Kitten season is late spring to early fall. Honestly you'd be lucky to catch anything besides home cats.

I hope you understand all the money an work that will go Into adopting a cat straight off the streets. It's more expensive than adopting from a shelter. I'm assuming you're doing it for the experience and not to save money because it will cost you a lot for a kitten that may just be terminal and die anyway. If feral, which young street kittens usually are, do not expect them to be as friendly as an average house cat. They may adjust to be normal cats but not all do.

>>2287250
Newfags doesn't understand memes.
>>
>>2287277
Pretty sure you meant gr8, dumbass.
>>
>>2287277
>winter
>lucky
>not overrun
>home cats
Wut.
I live in Florida. It's always kitten season here and I've never even heard of winter.
>expensive
That's okay, I have the resources.

I guess I just keep leaving bait out at the same time until one stumbles across it?
>>
I gave my ex a stray feral kitten. That fucker never settled down and attacked people nonstop. They had her put down after a year or so.

Get a shelter rescue.
>>
>>2287331
Go to the dollar store and get some wetfood, will probably smell more enticing than tuna
>>
>>2287349
Nah
>>
>>2287350
Would it draw them in from a greater area? Any particular way to prepare it?
>>
>>2287103
Self bump
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.