[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I want to start a local dog walking business. Have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Hey guys, I want to start a local dog walking business. Have any of y'all do it before? Any tips or skills I should learn before getting into it? Amount of dogs I should walk at a time, stuff like that.
>>
>>2267421
Wear gloves, buy your own leashes that are really good. Make sure you're in shape, have poop bags with you. Charge per hour and only have as many dogs as you can handle.
>>
don't kill more than one dog at a time or it will become international news
>>
>>2267428
>poop bags
In the case of something like the OP's pic, how the fuck do you even stop all these dogs and then manage to stay in the same spot long enough to use the poop bags without them pulling in ten different directions?
>>
>>2267460
>only have as many dogs as you can handle
>>
>>2267460
That is a pretty good question, actually.
>>
>>2267460
become the alpha of the pack
>>
>>2267463
Well then, how does he handle all these dog and still manages to take the time to bend over to pick up shit without a dozen dogs yanking in a dozen different directions?
>>
>>2267460
OPs pic the guy has two main leashes in his left hand which can be easily shifted over. Obviously he has a lot of well trained dogs too. OP will not have that well trained dogs, and will need to walk much fewer.
>>
>>2267524
He probably doesn't. It's pretty stupid to walk that many dogs.
>>
>>2267524
there's a dude who walks about that many dogs at a time in my town. the dogs all walk at his pace, never pulling - at least that i could see. i've never seen him pick up poop though. apparently, he's also a dog trainer.
>>
>>2267522
Chuu heeev tuuh domeeenaaayyte chur dawg. Chu guhtah beee da elphuh dawg.
>>
OP, learn your limits. Don't take more dogs than you can handle. Be sure to make an accurate assessment of your weight, your strength, the sizes of the dogs you're walking and the strength of those dogs.

One of the two dogs I walk has been known to pull fully grown adult men over. I wouldn't pair him with more than one or two other strong dogs on a given walk.

Another thing you'll have to take into account are the dogs that people will ask you to walk but which are aggressive and cannot be walked with other dogs. How many solo miles are you willing to put in? What will be your way of declining to walk these dogs after your quota is full? Dog people talk to each other. You may harm your customer base if you're rude.
>>
>>2267460
get a sooper pooper scooper
>>
if you aren't familiar already. Learn dog behaviors. You're probably going to have a variety of dogs.
Like others have said know your limit. I've never actually seen someone with that many dogs
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.