[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a garden. I want to keep deer and hares outside the garden,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: radjur1_1024.jpg (530KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
radjur1_1024.jpg
530KB, 1024x683px
I have a garden.
I want to keep deer and hares outside the garden, and my cat within it.
Would a net like in the pic keep a cat inside? It would be about 2 meters high to keep the deer outside.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1936x2075px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1936x2075px
>>2218429
I think you would have to keep some sort of overhang at the top, since cats are known to climb quite high. Similar to barbed wire fences in prisons and stuff.

PS: not saying you're making a prison for your cat. It's just effective at keeping them confined.

Pic is my cat 5 years ago. Only one I have on my iPod.
>>
>>2218429
Deer yes.
Cat, no.
>>
>>2218429

A deer will fuck that net up if it wants to get in.
>>
>>2218429
deer yes, hares can burrow under, can they not?
cats will see it as a challenge. a cat could probably scale a 10 meter fence like that. they are very good climbers.

also for keeping out wildlife: dont they have fences like that in tree nurseries to keep deer out?
if it works in the forests it should work in your backyard
>>
File: 6-foot-wooden-fence2.jpg (300KB, 600x432px) Image search: [Google]
6-foot-wooden-fence2.jpg
300KB, 600x432px
you'll need one of these or barbed wire to keep a cat in.
>>
File: erfgser.jpg (113KB, 968x420px) Image search: [Google]
erfgser.jpg
113KB, 968x420px
Yes definitely need something more catty.
>>
>>2218482
They probably can, but I figure they'd just consider it not worth it.
>>2218486
Hm. Problem is, I'd rather not completely destroy the view from the house, so I'd rather have a see-through net.
>>2218457
It's not huge elks, just roe deer.
>>
File: auschwitz.jpg (82KB, 700x479px) Image search: [Google]
auschwitz.jpg
82KB, 700x479px
>>2218499
this should do the trick.
>>
>>2218429
desu at this point you should build whatever you want to keep deers out and just leash your cat to walk it out. At least it'll have more interesting things to sniff and scratch than a dumb garden.

>>2218487
That looks smart.
Does it actually work?
>>
>>2218565
People seem to use them, but I'm not sure if it's never failed.

I just thought if there is something that doesn't make your fence look like a concentration camp.
>>
File: archer_0.jpg (261KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
archer_0.jpg
261KB, 612x380px
>>2218569
> concentration camp
I believe the term you're looking for is "Meowschwitz"
>>
File: 1323546.gif (2MB, 280x210px) Image search: [Google]
1323546.gif
2MB, 280x210px
>>2218573
Kek
>>
>>2218434

Mostly this. That'll do deer good.

Grey Squirrels most of the time. Hares, I'm not sure/// it may offer some deterrence. I'd leave a tightly skirted or buried section at the bottom.

For all of the above- the mesh is a deterrent, so they hit it and they're like "blah... moving on". But a determined animal may not be stopped. And I am speaking from experience with that fencing for everything but a cat. Also, squirrels are funny as fuck when they do get in and then get trapped.

I'd guess Cat- no way in hell.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.