[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pet Store Horrors?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1472176457079.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1472176457079.gif
2MB, 300x225px
I'm looking for a new job, and there's a Petsmart hiring nearby. I've heard some mixed stuff about them and PetCo.

Is it all as bad as I've heard, or is some of it over-exaggerated? I mean, I've heard things that put their suppliers on par with slaughter houses at times.

>pet store horror stories too, while we're at it
>gif not related
>>
try to get a job somewhere that doesn't sell livestock
>>
When I was a little kid I wanted a Beagle puppy. My parents got me one from our local store. I live in an urban environment fyi. It's not exactly the projects but it's not a middle class area. When we got the puppy she was coated in dirt. No fleas iirc, just a lot of dirt. The people said they washed her but they obviously didn't.
>>
>>2218031
>Go into Petco
>8 Leopard Geckos in the same 5-10 gallon tank
>Most of their tails are bone width
>Russian tortoises that don't move and are in a glass tank, most likely have parasites
>Bearded dragons all climbing on each other, food bowl full of dried carrots, mealworms only and a gigantic clob of powder covering it all like sauce covers pasta
They treat medium sized mammals fine but anything else is treated poorly, while reptiles are fucking abused.
>>
>>2218031
Are you okay with selling animals day in day out to morons that clearly aren't going to take care of them?
Are you good with giving advice that will be ignored?
Regardless of the conditions in your store, these are things you'll have to deal with.
>>
>brother works at petland
>working in fish department
>kids reaching in the glass boxes for the hamsters
>little girl handling a hamster
>drops hamster to its death
Fuck petland
>>
>>2218078
You are supposed to refuse to sell to those morons at petsmart.

I refused to sell probably 1/3 of the times and was commended on it.
>>
>>2218031
After working in a couple different stores it's really just dependent on the people who work there. The stores have guidelines appropriate for the animals but whether or not the employees learn them and follow them is the problem.
>>
>Usually only go to smaller chain/local pet stores
>Decide to go to PetsMart one day just to check it out, never really been
>My doggos just hanging out
>Suddenly here a black lady start saying LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK TYRONE LOOOOK!!!
>My doggos being nice to a fucking tiny puppy the black lady has on leash
>Tiny as fuck. Couldn't have been more than 8 weeks old, if that
>AWWWWWWWWW DATS SO CUUUUUTE YOUR DOGS ARE SO WELL BEHAVED!!!!!
>>
>>2220124
KEK
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.