[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would anyone pay for a remote-operated shock collar when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: my dick.jpg (10KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
my dick.jpg
10KB, 300x300px
Why would anyone pay for a remote-operated shock collar when they can just hit the animal for free?
>>
>>2217806
Are you Mr Fantastic?
>>
>>2217806
You haven't thought this through. Convenience is the answer.
I got one because I can't be arsed to get up off the couch, walk outside to the garage, get the broom, and beat the dog every time it starts scratching at the garage door.
>>
File: AMERICAFUCKYEAH.jpg (56KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
AMERICAFUCKYEAH.jpg
56KB, 700x525px
>>2217810
>>
>>2217810

What other methods did you consider before shock treatment?
Would any amount of conversation have swayed you otherwise?

Through my conversations here I've come to accept shock training as a viable option in certain cases.

But certain cons, such as the possibility of inducing irrational fears, or long-term anxiety through incomplete or incorrect training, and faulty devices, still shake me up.

As a petstore employee, I'd like to know if there is a secret to advising people about this stuff - like i would any other product in the store - without receiving aggression.
>>
So, right. I tried my dog's e-collars the other day to make sure they were working. One finger on each prong. Lowest setting on Dog 1's collar first, because his collar is set different than Dog 2, and is generally lower stim.

So I try setting 1 on Dog 1's collar, and can't feel anything. Can't feel anything at all until I ramp it up to 3 out of 7. 3 just felt kind of like I was touching something. Ramp it to 7, the highest possible setting on his collar. It's like getting a static shock from touching a car door handle.

Try Dog 2's collar. Now, Dog 2 is a hard case, so his collar is set higher than Dog 1's collar is, in the medium range (Dog 1's collar is set low). Setting 1 is almost impossible to feel, but I know what I'm looking for now. I can just feel it. Setting 5 is like licking a battery, and I decide not to try setting 7, which I only use when he's turned his ears off and he's about to die.

The stim levels are so low, but the dogs respond extremely well to them, especially when you combine training with treats. So a recall (which they know because we've trained on it extensively first on a short leash then on long line then in a contained area, I would never just shock a dog indescriminately for not obeying when he doesn't even know what he's supposed to be doing) you call the dog. He's 50 yards off, sniffing something really intently, and doesn't want to listen. You give him a low level stim to get his attention (like a pager) call him again, and if he now comes to you, you give him a treat. Because he recalled. The only thing that is important is that he did the recall at all. Not that he ignored you, you aren't rewarding him for this and he's already forgotten it.

Next time you call him, you shouldn't even need the stim, he should come straight to you because he knows that a) if he doesn't listen he gets the stim and b) if he does listen he gets the reward.

You've got to be really fair with e-collar training.

Be nice to dogs, right.
>>
>>2217833
This is me continuing.

I just wanted to add that hitting a dog is almost never productive and you should not hit your pupper because he will not understand what he's done to warrant your sudden violent aggression.
>>
>>2217827
I wasn't being fully serious, but what I wrote was based on something my mother a couple years ago. Had a ankle biter smol breed dog that wouldn't shut up that she kept near the garage. Physical punishment has always been her go-to method for disciplining dogs, but as she's getting fatter she can't be bothered to go outside to shut the dog up anymore, so she bought a remote control shock collar and used it on the dog. It worked.
>>
>>2217838

thanks man

>>2217833
>Be nice to dogs, right.
Right!
Thanks for getting into the details
>>
>>2217806

Proper use of an e-collar means the dog never sees you using it. He thinks the punishment is coming directly from his action, not you're response to his action. This is the most important thing. I shouldn't have to explain why.
>>
the only time i used an e collar was for a dog i had that was deaf and retarded

was easier than throwing twigs and pinecones at her

seriously who needs this for a hearing able dog?
>>
>>2217806
>because I'm always within 2 feet of my dog
>>2217808
They didn't get it dude.
Maybe if you said elastigirl the kiddy's would have understood.
Is this a bait thread?
Smells like a bait thread.
>>
>>2217806
Because it would be unwise to get physical with an animal that can make you his bitch
With the colar they think it is Dog Jesus smiting them for not being good boi
>>
>>2217806
because when you're not using it you can wear it while you jack off.
>>
>>2217833
This is some good info. I might try it with my dog, she's stubborn and only listens when she wants to, being part husky and all.
>>
>>2219780
Often the collars (or the better ones) come with training DVDs, but I'm not sure how many people actually sit down and watch them right through to the end.

You shouldn't need to get your info from 4chan.
>>
>>2219812
I never really considered an e collar until now so I didn't know.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.